Kicker commit, per Holmgren

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyadventurer25
Buckaroo

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Seems like a pretty good leg.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Our recruiting pitch involves telling kids we can make it to the Fiesta bowl in 4 years? Hahaha I'm surprised we've found 10 kids that have taken that bait...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

cali2wyo wrote:Our recruiting pitch involves telling kids we can make it to the Fiesta bowl in 4 years? Hahaha I'm surprised we've found 10 kids that have taken that bait...
What the hell is this supposed to mean?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Welcome to the program! We need help in the kicking department bad. Huge signing, actually.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Recruiting is selling yourself as an individual and as a coach/teammate...along with selling the program and the university itself. Coach Bohl, his staff, and the current core of players, appear to be doing something right.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Welcome Cooper!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

The article said he leads the state in interceptions? dang. He's an athlete for sure. These guys make the best kickers.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Maybe he can split time at D-end. :)
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Can he hike the ball too?

I wonder what it was that made this staff think we needed a kicker?
Last edited by castlerocker on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Glad we recruited a kicker, that is a definite glaring issue right now.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Poke in Billings wrote:Recruiting is selling yourself as an individual and as a coach/teammate...along with selling the program and the university itself. Coach Bohl, his staff, and the current core of players, appear to be doing something right.
Exactly.....I don't know why as Wyoming fans we need to poop on everything. We need a kicker and just got a commit from a kicker.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

WyoNation write-up on Cooper Rothe: http://www.wyonation.com/2015/10/wyomin ... per-rothe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I like regional kickers; they are already adjusted to the elements and grew up kicking in them.

I also LOVE Bohl and company's approach regarding the Fiesta Bowl comment. Burman take notice. That is how you brand and market a program. It isn't, well, we are really challenged here at WYO, we don't have very man students, recruiting is hard, blah blah.

Talk who you want to be. Emulate who you want to be. Live it. Breathe it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I like regional kickers; they are already adjusted to the elements and grew up kicking in them.

I also LOVE Bohl and company's approach regarding the Fiesta Bowl comment. Burman take notice. That is how you brand and market a program. It isn't, well, we are really challenged here at WYO, we don't have very man students, recruiting is hard, blah blah.

Talk who you want to be. Emulate who you want to be. Live it. Breathe it.
Oh come now. We just need to be patient and wait for the next round of re-alignment. Then we can say we will be more competitive in the remaining MWC after we lose the top 3 or 4 programs again. Sooner or later we will rise to the top after the quality programs leave. We can get there by default......
poke em
Buckaroo

JimmyDimes wrote:
Poke in Billings wrote:Recruiting is selling yourself as an individual and as a coach/teammate...along with selling the program and the university itself. Coach Bohl, his staff, and the current core of players, appear to be doing something right.
Exactly.....I don't know why as Wyoming fans we need to poop on everything. We need a kicker and just got a commit from a kicker.
Nobody needs to, but there are a few who can't help themselves.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

3rd class is a charm? About f-word time 'ol Bohly invested in a kicker.

poop on or not, call it what you want, to not have a solid kicker at UW is a major mistake. Which has been proven true each Saturday UW takes the field.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The Fiesta Bowl....oh God, that's rich. Thanks, I needed the laugh.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:The Fiesta Bowl....oh God, that's rich. Thanks, I needed the laugh.
You're right, we should say you could play in the FCS championship someday in front of 12 people
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:3rd class is a charm? About f-word time 'ol Bohly invested in a kicker.

poop on or not, call it what you want, to not have a solid kicker at UW is a major mistake. Which has been proven true each Saturday UW takes the field.
Again, he went after Coppens last year from Texas, who later decommitted to stay closer to home.