Explosion in 3...2...1...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

We brought in that president last year who challenged everything and was truly forward thinking and he got ran off so damn fast his head was spinning.
Sternberg got "run off" because he was an incompetent asshole.

Any competent non-asshole would be glad to have the job.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

SnowyRange wrote:
We brought in that president last year who challenged everything and was truly forward thinking and he got ran off so damn fast his head was spinning.
Sternberg got "run off" because he was an incompetent asshole.

Any competent non-asshole would be glad to have the job.
I don't have any knowledge of the inner workings, but the impression I got was that he ruffled a TON of feathers requesting that investigation of the entire universities processes and programs. To me it sounded like he actually wanted to change the "good enough is good enough" mentality and the BOT, among others, wasn't having it.

I could be wrong, that is just the impression I got of the situation.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
WilyWapiti wrote:Do you Lee Moon fan-boys have any specific factual beefs with this article, or do you simply spurn anything that conflicts with your beliefs?

WW
I read through the thread to find out who you are / were referring to as a Lee Moon "fan-boy", and I don't see one.

:roll:

I stand by my post...always have, always will.

Giving the current AD credit for something that was planned and paid for by & with previous administration(s) is a HUGE joke. Having an AD in place for 9+ years means only certain things. Come to your own conclusions. To me, it means we have had no president, a dick-less hope-less ball-less president, an apathetic fan-base, a good-old boys club that is fine with the status quo of everything Wyoming athletics, a complete lack of vision and inspiration from the top, a work less - do less mentality because we are who we are, and a phenominal tolerance by the BOT for serving up multiple chances to f-word up on the job, because we have a WYOMING GUY.

:evil:

Ever hear of this guy?

Glenn "Red" Jacoby

http://wyohof.com/?players=glenn-red-jacoby
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

My first reaction to the thread title was that it was bad news about Brian Hill. Glad to know it is just more Ad debate!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
WilyWapiti wrote:I'm just saying that obviously things were so much better with Moon & Barta, that they just make Burman look bad in comparison, right?

Who do you folks think we will get in here, looking at the current state of the board of trustees, president, etc..., that would do anywhere close to the job that the current AD has done? You think any competent individual is going to take the job right now?

WW
And there you have it- Good enough is truly good enough.
Thats not what he said. He brings up a great point. We brought in that president last year who challenged everything and was truly forward thinking and he got ran off so damn fast his head was spinning. Who in their right minds would come here after that. Thats not apathy, thats a valid argument.
By none other than the good 'ol boys club mind you. There are multiple sides to that whole story. But I don't care about the past, I mean, what can we do about it? I would guess there are about 20 different theories!

We can all disagree, and we can all have differing opinions, but I have to just point 60 miles south and say, "Jack Graham did more at CSewe in ONE f-word YEAR, than Tom Burman has accomplished in TEN." And that is just flat out embarrassing and humiliating.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Poke in Billings wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
WilyWapiti wrote:Do you Lee Moon fan-boys have any specific factual beefs with this article, or do you simply spurn anything that conflicts with your beliefs?

WW
I read through the thread to find out who you are / were referring to as a Lee Moon "fan-boy", and I don't see one.

:roll:

I stand by my post...always have, always will.

Giving the current AD credit for something that was planned and paid for by & with previous administration(s) is a HUGE joke. Having an AD in place for 9+ years means only certain things. Come to your own conclusions. To me, it means we have had no president, a dick-less hope-less ball-less president, an apathetic fan-base, a good-old boys club that is fine with the status quo of everything Wyoming athletics, a complete lack of vision and inspiration from the top, a work less - do less mentality because we are who we are, and a phenominal tolerance by the BOT for serving up multiple chances to f-word up on the job, because we have a WYOMING GUY.

:evil:

Ever hear of this guy?

Glenn "Red" Jacoby

http://wyohof.com/?players=glenn-red-jacoby
In THIS DAY AND AGE - 9 years of status quo & apathy...is MUCH different than anything associated with Red.

FFS. Do some research on the topic. I knew him, personally.

He wasn't a Wyoming guy. He was a visionary. He built an empire at Wyoming during his 25+ years. He was everything Tom Burman is not. And then some.

How f-word dare you compare what is largely the best Wyoming ever had, to the POS in office right now.
Dear Karma,

Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

No comparison was made. Just responding to your what 9+ years means.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Poke in Billings wrote:No comparison was made. Just responding to your what 9+ years means.
Gotcha...9 years this day and age, not being a hard working SOB, and a visionary, is a travesty of epic proportions.
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Poke in Billings wrote:No comparison was made. Just responding to your what 9+ years means.
Gotcha...9 years this day and age, not being a hard working SOB, and a visionary, is a travesty of epic proportions.
How do you know he isn't hard working? How do you know he lacks vision? just because the university and athletics don't change at a rate YOU deem necessary doesn't equate to either accusation....Libel much?
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I'm just reading this thread to see if McPeachy has a stroke about good publicity for the school and Burman (particularly).

McPeachy: if you feel yourself getting dizzy, just hold down the "m" key for a while and hit "submit." We'll send trained personnel to you ASAP.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
How do you know he isn't hard working? How do you know he lacks vision? just because the university and athletics don't change at a rate YOU deem necessary doesn't equate to either accusation....Libel much?
Libel much? Give me a f-word break, seriously man.

Let me ask you (in response)...where is the vision and hard work you have so obviously witnessed? I don't see it.

I see the Glenn firing, McClain firing, Schroyer hiring, Schroyer extension, Schroyer mid-year firing, DC hiring, DC extension, DC firing, a half-assed completed basketball arena, no attention to detail or accountability when it comes to up-keep of facilities and such, the mantra that we are better off - now that we are competing in a conference that has lower athletic budgets - sans bWHYu, Utah, TCU, (rather than to aspire to grow ours to that level), a lame-assed athletics plan filled with TBA's and TBD's, some clear lack of institutional control with coaches and fellow staff, and a losing athletics program pretty much across the board. Do you want more "LIBEL" than that?
Last edited by McPeachy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

SnowyRange wrote:I'm just reading this thread to see if McPeachy has a stroke about good publicity for the school and Burman (particularly).

McPeachy: if you feel yourself getting dizzy, just hold down the "m" key for a while and hit "submit." We'll send trained personnel to you ASAP.
I guess I gotta question why the OP decided to post this seriously obscure article...if he didn't desire to have some discussion, debate, dialogue, etc. I pretty much guarantee you everyone here knows where I stand, and how I feel about the topic...I am not some wishy-washy pussified poster that doesn't write what I feel, or stands idly by on a fence wavering and wondering. Some folks don't like that, but that is what make the world (and this board) go 'round, and I am fine with it.
Dear Karma,

HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

Let me ask you (in response)...where is the vision and hard work you have so obviously witnessed? I don't see it.

I see the Glenn firing, McClain firing, Schroyer hiring, Schroyer extension, Schroyer mid-year firing, DC hiring, DC extension, DC firing, a half-assed completed basketball arena, no attention to detail or accountability when it comes to up-keep of facilities and such, the mantra that we are better off - now that we are competing in a conference that has lower athletic budgets - sans bWHYu, Utah, TCU, (rather than to aspire to grow ours to that level), a lame-assed athletics plan filled with TBA's and TBD's, some clear lack of institutional control with coaches and fellow staff, and a losing athletics program pretty much across the board. Do you want more "LIBEL" than that?
Here is a good example of lack of vision. I specifically told Burman I was disappointed that they haven't done anything to upgrade the lower west side of the stadium. His response was I know it needs to be updated but the trustees won't give me money. someone with vision would realize that the trustees aren't going to give it to you so go out and look for other avenues of revenue. Corporate donations, private donations, a effing body bag game with Alabama... Something more than blaming the trustees.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I am in no way saying saying Ive witnessed anything. But Im also not the one saying he's lazy and has no vision.

That being said....
1. You're pissed at him for firing Glenn? So should he have extended him....? And McClain?
1A. Shroyer we all can admit was a dud both times.
1B. DC was heralded as a huge "get" for UW. Only time tells us that he sucked. He can't be blamed for attracting one of the best available coaches at the time.
2. A half assed completed basketball arena? You obviously have never worked construction. Delays and overages happen. That cannot be avoided. The arena is on track to be completed by next season with work commencing as soon as this season is over.
3. No attention to detail on facilities? We have some of the nicest facilities in the country and the ones that are lacking are already in the schedule for renovation.
4. Our stance in the conference can't be attributed to any one thing or person. Outside of BSU, tell me one school really kicking ass and taking names?
5. What would you prefer the athletic plan look like? There was a hard date on the Arena that was missed and you want to blow him up for it. You blow him up when he leaves the plan vague and speculative. Doesn't sound like you really know what you want...
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:I'm just reading this thread to see if McPeachy has a stroke about good publicity for the school and Burman (particularly).

I guess I gotta question why the OP decided to post this seriously obscure article...if he didn't desire to have some discussion, debate, dialogue, etc. I pretty much guarantee you everyone here knows where I stand, and how I feel about the topic...I am not some wishy-washy pussified poster that doesn't write what I feel, or stands idly by on a fence wavering and wondering. Some folks don't like that, but that is what make the world (and this board) go 'round, and I am fine with it.
Because its relevant to our university..... I know this is going to blow your mind, but I don't post topics after I have run it through my "McPeachy" filter. It is an article that brings positive attention to our program and right now, with football the way it is, we could use all the positive press we can get....
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I am in no way saying saying Ive witnessed anything. But Im also not the one saying he's lazy and has no vision.

That being said....
1. You're pissed at him for firing Glenn? So should he have extended him....? And McClain?
1A. Shroyer we all can admit was a dud both times.
1B. DC was heralded as a huge "get" for UW. Only time tells us that he sucked. He can't be blamed for attracting one of the best available coaches at the time.
2. A half assed completed basketball arena? You obviously have never worked construction. Delays and overages happen. That cannot be avoided. The arena is on track to be completed by next season with work commencing as soon as this season is over.
3. No attention to detail on facilities? We have some of the nicest facilities in the country and the ones that are lacking are already in the schedule for renovation.
4. Our stance in the conference can't be attributed to any one thing or person. Outside of BSU, tell me one school really kicking ass and taking names?
5. What would you prefer the athletic plan look like? There was a hard date on the Arena that was missed and you want to blow him up for it. You blow him up when he leaves the plan vague and speculative. Doesn't sound like you really know what you want...
Well, allow me again to retort.

At the end of the day, we are all WYO fans...I am just not a Burman fan, and you are, so we will probably forever disagree on all topics related as such.

1. Not pissed necessarily about Glenn firing, but IMO, he should have been given what DC received. Ever think about that? If Glenn had DC's resources...I can only imagine. Rinse and Repeat for McClain. Had McClain had Schroyers resources...

1A. Yep. Burman hired him, extended him, and fired him mid-season. Oh, and as a result of doing so, Burman cost UW millions in ticket revenue. Multiple times over probably. And still counting - even after a MWCT championship.

1B. You obviously never met or talked with Dave Christensen. His personality and demeanor should have been red flags from day minus 1. But the hire happened anyway. Then the extension happened. Which again, cost the university hundreds of thousands in buy out money.

2. Trust me, I have been involved in construction. And I know how to read a construction contract. I know how to write one as well! I love my new cushy seat in the AA. But UW fanned on the renovation...like how many seats they were going to lose, and how many they were actually going to add. And fan important areas - concessions and bathrooms - weren't touched. Hey, ya, the new scoreboards are great...but we had similar (yet smaller) ones in 1982 that were taken down at some point (yet the brackets still remain - which look nice). So, again from a fan perspective, I was not impressed - and thus, think the renovation was half-assed. I will wait with baited breathe to see what round 2 will actually bring. I am banking it will be 1/2 of the original plan.

3. Facilities up-keep thoughts: I hate the under-stadium storage. I hate the lower west side concessions. I hate the fact the Wildcatter wasn't taken to the edges of the upper east side. I hate the pressbox - and everything about it. I hate the fact that tailgating is allowed in the IPF on a million dollar piece of turf. I hate the overflowing dumpsters in the parking areas 3 days after game days. I hate the piles of puke that have been left to rot on the south side of the fieldhouse sidewalk (for all to walk by) for several weeks. I hate the torn flags strewn all about Laramie. I hate the way the Ford lot landscaping looks (dirt / weeds). I could go on...but details are not a strong point with the current administration. That was my point.

4. Our stance in the conference sucks. It sucked less actually, when the top three were still in the same conference with us. We suck more now, in a less competitive conference (football) - and have since they left. As Burman was quoted saying and believing, he was glad to now be in a conference that has similar budgets, than to have to (grow) and compete with those 3 with such higher budgets. I am not making that up - surely you do remember.

5. The athletics plan...should have at the very least, some teeth to it. I.E. - some goals and objectives, some vision, some commitment, something that shouts "Hey, we are going to be relevant in 5 years!" not something that says, "well, I hope and wish...". If I handed my boss a work plan and budget that incorporated a bunch of TBA's and TBD's - again, I would be out on my ass (and should be). I clearly know what I want. As you (or somebody else) referred to, I want the modern-day Red Jacoby as my AD. I want somebody that is willing to take chances to create excitement...to foster a large, and larger continually growing fan base. I want UW and Wyoming athletics to actually HAVE a future, and not have to dwell on the past. I want UW and Wyoming (in it's entirety) to look back in 15 years and say, wow, can you believe how small and poop we were in 2016? (*After just winning the national championship and with a student enrollment of 30,000).

/rant for now
Dear Karma,

HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Meh, just an article that was written to take up some space. Very obvious that they did very little research in their analysis.
F me! This "article" will be heralded department-wide and probably university-wide for the next decade. Remember when tom had the Top 10 end zone design ranking by some random .com page as one of his 2013 or 14 top accomplishments.

Just look at this gem...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wyo ... als-14.pdf

He busts his tail!

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 626d2.html

#emptytrophycases #notadimeofmymoneytillhesgone
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Meh, just an article that was written to take up some space. Very obvious that they did very little research in their analysis.
F me! This "article" will be heralded department-wide and probably university-wide for the next decade. Remember when tom had the Top 10 end zone design ranking by some random .com page as one of his 2013 or 14 top accomplishments.

Just look at this gem...

He busts his tail!

:rofl: Alright, alright, touche'.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:

Just look at this gem...

He busts his tail!

:rofl: Alright, alright, touche'.
Haha! I imagine Tom, the Bostonian, and the ol'Boys are walking pretty tall today!