Cowboys vs Zoomies

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Well i forsee a hard fought game and hopefully Brian Hill has a 200+ yard game again and we get some sort of passing game, stopping an option game is key, but that's asking yet again alot for this "young" defense, they pull away late

AFA 34 UW 20, sorry, the hits keep on comin
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

AFA passing game has been non-existent so far. But against a weak, young Poke secondary that will change. Pokes closer than usual this time though - up to 21 points, while AFA 28 to 35.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

I don't have a good feeling about this one...

1. Revenge for kicking the poop out of them 2 years ago, and pulling out a W last year.
2. 8:15 kickoff - ESPN2
3. Our run defense - ugh
4. "The song" disrespect motivation
5. Level of competition vs. level of competition (thus far)
6. They are 1 - 0 in MWC play (beat SJSU 37-16 at AFA)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I had the chance to talk briefly to Eddie Y. (super nice guy btw) at the vball game last night and he said everyone is pumped for the game. Also mentioned that there's no love lost between the two teams and that we always play them close. I think our Cowboys rise to the occasion. I foresee a close game that's decided by 10 pts or less.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyoming has lost its five games this year by an average score of 34-19. So, Air Force wins, 34-19.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

WYO 29 AFA 28- Tristan Bailey hits his first field goal and it's for the win.

I don't know if it will come down to that or not. I do think playing UNM first gave these Pokes D players a better idea at what they will be facing again. Yes, there are a few variables in the different options, but the same defensive scheme can be used to stop both.
Yes, I know we were "lit up" by UNM, but each score was on a big play, something, the second time around you shore up on. You understand your gap assignments and don't make the same mistake, so we'll see how these guys do with that.
Also, I think Wick is expected to be back, and I think we will see a more dynamic one-two punch between him and Hill, like we saw against EMU. Also, I think Gentry may have a good shot at a game like Rufran had a few years back.

All possibilities, all could fail. But I'm not sold on AFA yet this year. They are running with a backup QB, Robinette is not what he was showing to be last year, among other things.

WYO by 1!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Air Force 32 - Wyoming 20

Wyoming plays better and covers the spread! Brian Hill add another 150 yards and 2 TDs.
Arthur Fonzerelli
Buckaroo

GIuys Wyomin will beat the AGGIES i just know it wand of polyurethane can't pORTEND what will hpannnen wahoo!!! NAD AND WAHOO!!1
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Arthur Fonzerelli wrote:GIuys Wyomin will beat the AGGIES i just know it wand of polyurethane can't pORTEND what will hpannnen wahoo!!! NAD AND WAHOO!!1
huh?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Arthur Fonzerelli wrote:GIuys Wyomin will beat the AGGIES i just know it wand of polyurethane can't pORTEND what will hpannnen wahoo!!! NAD AND WAHOO!!1
Now who doesn't enjoy a good bourbon buzz in the morning! Roll on Fonz!
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Not near the discipline yet to stop the AF offense. They are going to get yards in big chunks.

Zoomies by 25+.

I hope I'm wrong.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

You guys realize Brian can go over 1000 yds during this game? Amazing

(Fixed it)
Last edited by laxwyo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:You guys realize Brian can go over 1000 TDs during this game? Amazing
That is a lot of touchdowns. :cool:
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
laxwyo wrote:You guys realize Brian can go over 1000 TDs during this game? Amazing
That is a lot of touchdowns. :cool:
I like that one better than what he edited it to.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Let's get these greenie bastards!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
COME ON WYO WYO WYO!!!!
I saw enough last week to believe we can get this game. This isn't the scariest AF team we've seen. Let's finally put something resembling a full game together and go from there.
Riding High!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I have a feeling about this one.

Wait, it's just gas
W-Y, Until I Die!
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Every dog has his day. Today is not mine. Tomorrow probably won't be either, but I can always hope. Reality hasn't beaten me senseless yet. Or maybe it has...

I still say Pokes by 4.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

I just have a feeling that the Pokes are going to play themselves a heck of a game tomorrow, we may not win, but I do believe we'll play perhaps our best game of the season to date.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:I just have a feeling that the Pokes are going to play themselves a heck of a game tomorrow, we may not win, but I do believe we'll play perhaps our best game of the season to date.
I like this thought. The effort can be there. I see it. Big plays may likely do us in, though. Opponents really exploited that. That is, unless Bohl has a trick up his sleeve to get the defense to tighten play up.

Air Force 31
Wyoming 17
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

If this game wasn't so late, I totally would've gone down to the Academy to watch it. Have to be up at 6 Sunday morning, though :-/