Anyone think it is time to hitch our wagon to...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: This is the mindset of much of Wyoming "society" in all aspects of life. There is a genuine fear of the "outside world" and change within our borders. I've never seen so many people cling to the past as I have since returning to Wyoming. It's sad, really, because, the simple fact is, LIFE IS CHANGE, and change will always engender conflict. One can either embrace it and deal with it, or hide from it and fall behind...
Nail on the head! That was one of the major reasons I had to leave WYO and one of the things that depressed me the most being there young. Things around Wyoming always felt stuck in the past. Sometimes that's a beautiful thing in certain regards (old buildings that still stand like our rad stadiums, the vast undeveloped nature, lack of general population including general major assholes/douches, etc) in others it just falls so flat (our culture with its poop music, not many new ideas/biz industries flowing around,lack of general population including more diverse/interesting men/women, etc). It really sucks when you feel so disconnected from all the things that are happening on the edges of society if those are the things you enjoy. It is part of the Wyoming identity though and why people live there too. Ain't just WYO either there is a lot this all over country. Wyoming is just so small yet big and unique that it has its very own brand of this....I mean a whole state's worth! Some people LOVE it. To each their own I say and Wyoming winters make you a stronger human being :twocents:

and yes those reasons that depressed me did drive me to drink waaaaaayyyyyyy too much back in ole Wyo :party: :party: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer2: :beer2: BEER SONG! BEER SONG!

To the future my friends. Cheers!!!
Riding High!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

JimmyDimes wrote: Most fans are critical of everything right now because of what is happening on the football front.
Jimmy, my take on CSU has nothing to do with competitiveness--just like the P5. All that matters are TV markets. I predict a contraction, but if an expansion were to occur, CSU would at least be on the radar due to the market potential.

In the G5 ranks, that is all that is left, market potential.

If it had anything to do with competition, BSU would have been "in" long ago. It isn't CSU envy. It is reality. CSU understands this and is trying to make themselves as attract as possible.

Everyone laughing about bonds and stuff will be eating crow if CSU positions themselves into a P5. Again, I don't think it will happen for them and I KNOW it won't happen for us.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

We still have the second largest fan base (behind Boise) in the MWC. It would be smart if we turned around and did a joint effort with CSU to move on up. We provide the fans, they have the TV market, combined, a good chunk of Northern Colorado and all of Wyoming (and then some).

It is still a small combined market - but between the location, history, rivalry, and educational opportunities, it might just click.

Get some smart guys out their to market that correctly to the big guys. We need to start winning some football games though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

CSU will not ever get in. A team from the East or TX that already has a huge market will be chosen before CSU and their 'potential'. They desperately needed a new stadium. It's not like their new stadium is going to be Jerry World. It's a functional, small stadium that fits their needs and just so happens to cost because 250 mil because that's what stadiums cost in today's day in age.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: Most fans are critical of everything right now because of what is happening on the football front.
Jimmy, my take on CSU has nothing to do with competitiveness--just like the P5. All that matters are TV markets. I predict a contraction, but if an expansion were to occur, CSU would at least be on the radar due to the market potential.

In the G5 ranks, that is all that is left, market potential.

If it had anything to do with competition, BSU would have been "in" long ago. It isn't CSU envy. It is reality. CSU understands this and is trying to make themselves as attract as possible.

Everyone laughing about bonds and stuff will be eating crow if CSU positions themselves into a P5. Again, I don't think it will happen for them and I KNOW it won't happen for us.
Okay, I will say CSU is trying to position themselves by building a new stadium. Yes, they are in the Denver market. And if a P5 conference comes calling and is only looking at markets, then of course CSU has a chance. I would say SDSU would be a better candidate if this were to happen because they are actually in San Diego and aren't sharing San Diego with anyone else. Denver has CU.

In my almost 20 years of living in Denver, it is very apparent CSU is an afterthought in this state.....but they are included in the Denver market. So who knows. Hope I am not the one eating crow.
snowsailor
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:Can we ban snowsailor, please?
:cry: Just because you don't like what I say you think I should be banned? It's called freedom of speech, don't like it then don't read it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

snowsailor wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Can we ban snowsailor, please?
:cry: Just because you don't like what I say you think I should be banned? It's called freedom of speech, don't like it then don't read it.
In all fairness, this is mob rules and the mob can get what it wants
W-Y, Until I Die!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Denver doesn't care about CSU. They care as much about Wyoming as CSU which is hardly at all. They don't have the Denver market, and if they did, it's a weak football market because hardly anyone in the state cares about football outside of the team with Denver in the name and Peyton at quarterback.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

DVDA wrote:Denver doesn't care about CSU. They care as much about Wyoming as CSU which is hardly at all. They don't have the Denver market, and if they did, it's a weak football market because hardly anyone in the state cares about football outside of the team with Denver in the name and Peyton at quarterback.
I couldn't say it any better. As someone who lives in Fort Collins, I'm continually amazed at the indifference to csewe football. The public outcry opposing the stadium was significant.

Csewe does have a few things going for them: the school now has close to 35k students and Fort Collins and all of northern Colorado continue to grow. I think it will be easier to recruit here based on all the beer brewers, legalized pot, and a lot of new bars and restaurants to wet your beak.