Anyone think it is time to hitch our wagon to...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

The enemy down south - CSewe? Just a thought - looking at the big picture.

They hitched theirs to us (a couple of times if I am remembering correctly). Particularly when it came to them joining the WAC - five or so years AFTER it was formed with / by us - with New Mexico, bWHYu, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

What would be their motivation?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:What would be their motivation?
Our motivation would be to at least be better poised for future conference expansion.

Their motivation would be to return the favor. Keep the rivalry going. ???
Dear Karma,

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Exactly my thought... and I hate to say this, but we need them more than they need us. They could hitch their wagon with any number of front range partners not included us. Air Force or New Mexico come to mind.
I'm good for 3!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
Our motivation would be to at least be better poised for future conference expansion.

The game has changed. They know we are dead weight and would only hold them back from P5 inclusion. They have a very remote chance of getting in just because of their market. Tied to us in any capacity other than a long-term scheduling agreement gives them a 0% chance to get into a P5.

I definitely see your point but think they would tell us to pound sand.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

The game has changed. They know we are dead weight and would only hold them back from P5 inclusion. They have a very remote chance of getting in just because of their market. Tied to us in any capacity other than a long-term scheduling agreement gives them a 0% chance to get into a P5.

I definitely see your point but think they would tell us to pound sand.
I have a feeling you are 100% correct on that. My how times have changed.
Dear Karma,

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I'm not buying the CSU is going places argument. First off, no reason for any of the P5 conferences to grab a dead weight school like CSU. Yes, they are a dead weight program. They are leveraging their future with bonds. CSU still doesn't capture any of the Denver market...which would be the only reason any P5 school would be interested in the first place. They don't travel well and aren't even a big draw in Northern Colorado. What am I missing?

The CSU envy if comical.

Go Pokes!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:I'm not buying the CSU is going places argument. First off, no reason for any of the P5 conferences to grab a dead weight school like CSU. Yes, they are a dead weight program. They are leveraging their future with bonds. CSU still doesn't capture any of the Denver market...which would be the only reason any P5 school would be interested in the first place. They don't travel well and aren't even a big draw in Northern Colorado. What am I missing?

The CSU envy if comical.

Go Pokes!!
While I certainly hope you are correct...and call it envy if you want...but there is a lot going on for CSewe that isn't goin on here in good 'ol Wyomin.

I care not to list those things, it makes me sick, but only people with their head completely up their ass wouldn't be able to see them. Us Wyoming fans sure let pride get in the way sometimes.
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Us Wyoming fans sure let pride get in the way sometimes.
I disagree. Replace Us Wyoming fans with "those who respond to the Burman Bat Signal" and I think you nailed it. Well, aside from the pride thing. I think it more protectionism of a record that needs to have lots of smoke and mirrors.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
I disagree. Replace Us Wyoming fans with "those who respond to the Burman Bat Signal" and I think you nailed it. Well, aside from the pride thing. I think it more protectionism of a record that needs to have lots of smoke and mirrors.
I guess that is what I meant.

I think a decent portion of the fan base (Wyoming) thinks that everything with Wyoming athletics is just awesome, and everything going on at Wyoming (is perfect for Wyoming), and that there is no better run department in the world than Wyoming athletics (so why change), or why desire change?! And on that note, hell, 6 wins in football is spectacular, as is 18 wins & the CBI in basketball - so how dare any fan want more than that!
Dear Karma,

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I think a decent portion of the fan base (Wyoming) thinks that everything with Wyoming athletics is just awesome, and everything going on at Wyoming (is perfect for Wyoming), and that there is no better run department in the world than Wyoming athletics (so why change), or why desire change?! And on that note, hell, 6 wins in football is spectacular, as is 18 wins & the CBI in basketball - so how dare any fan want more than that!
Except for the simple fact that no one here has said that.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

I think a decent portion of the fan base (Wyoming) thinks that everything with Wyoming athletics is just awesome, and everything going on at Wyoming (is perfect for Wyoming), and that there is no better run department in the world than Wyoming athletics (so why change), or why desire change?! And on that note, hell, 6 wins in football is spectacular, as is 18 wins & the CBI in basketball - so how dare any fan want more than that!
:rofl: I actually feel like that is the majority and we are the minority.
snowsailor
Buckaroo

JimmyDimes wrote:I'm not buying the CSU is going places argument. First off, no reason for any of the P5 conferences to grab a dead weight school like CSU. Yes, they are a dead weight program. They are leveraging their future with bonds. CSU still doesn't capture any of the Denver market...which would be the only reason any P5 school would be interested in the first place. They don't travel well and aren't even a big draw in Northern Colorado. What am I missing?

The CSU envy if comical.

Go Pokes!!
If they are a dead weight program, then what does that make us? :rofl:
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

This is the mindset of much of Wyoming "society" in all aspects of life. There is a genuine fear of the "outside world" and change within our borders. I've never seen so many people cling to the past as I have since returning to Wyoming. It's sad, really, because, the simple fact is, LIFE IS CHANGE, and change will always engender conflict. One can either embrace it and deal with it, or hide from it and fall behind...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Can we ban snowsailor, please?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I think a decent portion of the fan base (Wyoming) thinks that everything with Wyoming athletics is just awesome, and everything going on at Wyoming (is perfect for Wyoming), and that there is no better run department in the world than Wyoming athletics (so why change), or why desire change?! And on that note, hell, 6 wins in football is spectacular, as is 18 wins & the CBI in basketball - so how dare any fan want more than that!
Except for the simple fact that no one here has said that.
Really? :shock:
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

This is the mindset of much of Wyoming "society" in all aspects of life. There is a genuine fear of the "outside world" and change within our borders. I've never seen so many people cling to the past as I have since returning to Wyoming. It's sad, really, because, the simple fact is, LIFE IS CHANGE, and change will always engender conflict. One can either embrace it and deal with it, or hide from it and fall behind...
So spot on it makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Change or be changed. And if Wyoming continues to just settle (or move along at a snails pace) - as we have for the better part of 2 decades, and exponentially the past 9...we are going to be changed.
Dear Karma,

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

So spot on it makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Change or be changed. And if Wyoming continues to just settle (or move along at a snails pace) - as we have for the better part of 2 decades, and exponentially the past 9...we are going to be changed.
Indeed. Change WILL come. It's as inevitable as the wind. It comes down to having a say in it. The more someone denies it (fails to be involved), the more the change will occur on someone else's terms.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

snowsailor wrote:

The CSU envy if comical.

Go Pokes!!
If they are a dead weight program, then what does that make us? :rofl:
In the same boat....like 90% of the G5. Yes, we are down in football right now....up in almost everything else. Also, vs CSU....winner of 4 of the last 6. ;)
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

I would hope everyone doesn't think things are all peachy (pardon the pun). Wyoming still needs to figure a way to improve many things. Increase athletic budget and pay assistant coaches better, finish upgrades that are truly needed (bottom northwest corner of the War), and make it easier for us to recruit.....via easier transfer of credits for JC players and maybe a plane to fly recruits directly into Laramie.

Most fans are critical of everything right now because of what is happening on the football front. Not all fans are buying in to the rebuild. I find those fans to be the most critical right now for whatever reason. In 3 years we'll know if Bohl is our savior or if it is time to cut bait.

I was fortunate to be in Laramie during the best of times.....quality football, basketball, volleyball, SKIING. They were all good.....which makes me think things can be good again across the board. Just need to get football on deck.

Lastly, I would hope no self respecting football fan would think 6 wins are fantastic. I would gladly take 6 wins this year...but we should be striving for 10+ win season. And, I think in a couple years we will see this.......meaning I still have faith in Bohl.

Enough with the novel.....GO Pokes!!
Last edited by JimmyDimes on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.