Who is Jonathan Kongbo? Only the #1 rated JC player in USA

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:So basically whoever gives him the most sacks of money and pays the most women to sleep with him, gotcha
Fixed for accuracy.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I have no problem with any player going where they need to go for whatever their reasons are, so this isn't sour grapes, but the highlight tape isn't so impressive. It'll be interesting to see his progress over the years with some good coaching. He's seems to be very athletic with a good motor. But from what I just watched, it seems as if those lined up against him usually were standing there flat-footed offering almost zero resistence. It wasn't like he was getting quick jumps on them, they were literally standing there, basically useless. A fence post might have slowed him down more, as a couple times his opponent seemd to step out of his way. He also wastes too much energy flailing his arms and at times seemed to hesitate, rather than have the instinct to attack the ball carrier. All of this should come with experience , better coaching and better competition. I look forward to watching his progress regardless of where he ends up.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

BeaverPoke wrote: And my 2 years of data post is more about the 16 coaches before Bohl since the 40's. 2 years at Wyo tells the tale of what will happen. If you aren't successful after 2 seasons, then you won't succeed here, most of the 16 coaches records would agree with that.

It's not even so much about a small sample size as it is showing what has happened time after time after time after time.
You never responded to my criticism of that post. In what way can you show that your data is statistically significant when variances are all over the place? What's your p-value/confidence level?

I can calculate the standard deviation for you when I get time if you don't know how to do it. But from just eyeballing your table, I don't think it's going to be pretty.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: And my 2 years of data post is more about the 16 coaches before Bohl since the 40's. 2 years at Wyo tells the tale of what will happen. If you aren't successful after 2 seasons, then you won't succeed here, most of the 16 coaches records would agree with that.

It's not even so much about a small sample size as it is showing what has happened time after time after time after time.
You never responded to my criticism of that post. In what way can you show that your data is statistically significant when variances are all over the place? What's your p-value/confidence level?

I can calculate the standard deviation for you when I get time if you don't know how to do it. But from just eyeballing your table, I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Lol I'd rather not have a reminder of statistics class. Even though I got a 108% in it... like that makes sense.

You don't have to believe me, you can put it through a statistical ringer, or you can just wait for when Bohl gets fired in a few season, and compare his total wins per season to his first two years, and find that it will likely fall within 1 of his first two years average.

But like I've said several times before, if I am wrong, I would be happy. If there is crow to eat about Craig Bohl being the right guy for Wyoming football, I will do it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

The 2018 Mountain West Conference championship game: San Diego State at Wyoming. That's gonna be a good one. I hope that 'Mr T' will be there for this one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:The 2018 Mountain West Conference championship game: San Diego State at Wyoming. That's gonna be a good one.
Wahoo! If this happens I bet we could get more than 20k at the War. The title game at SDSU last week literally only drew 20k.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:The 2018 Mountain West Conference championship game: San Diego State at Wyoming. That's gonna be a good one. I hope that 'Mr T' will be there for this one.
If only MrT was in driving distance of Laramie.
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Yabadabadoo wrote:The 2018 Mountain West Conference championship game: San Diego State at Wyoming. That's gonna be a good one. I hope that 'Mr T' will be there for this one.

I hope. I really really do hope you're right.
Kinda like how you were right about Brock ;)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

MrTitleist wrote:
Pffft. You can totally make the drive in a day! You're in the next state over for God's sake!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

WYO1016 wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Pffft. You can totally make the drive in a day! You're in the next state over for God's sake!
Just a very long day. ;) Actually, I'll be driving down for the NIU game next season.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wait. This season was going to be interrupted or not completed at all and now we are guaranteeing all seasons are not interrupted and all seasons are completed through 2018!!???

You are losing me, DINO. Catch me up to speed here, man.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Any steam on a potential “shock" signing from out of state on Wednesday? It seems like we have gained ground on a few guys.

— David Shottenkirk, @Shotty1717

Nothing in recruiting shocks me anymore.

USC seems to be in decent position to sign defensive linemen Jonathan Kongbo III from Arizona Western and Connor Murphy from Brophy Preparatory. Both Kongbo and Murphy made official visits to USC and have hosted coaches for in-home visits.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Kongbo signed with Tennessee. Just an fyi.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Still pisses me off
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

But it does show Bohl's knack for finding unknown talent. He just needs to be able to start keeping them, once discovered.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Anyone catch this? It appears Kongbo quit on Tennessee
https://twitter.com/Kongbo_1/status/792822753569206277
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't know what his issue is but would have loved him on one end and granderson on the other. Can you imagine how potent we would be with a consistent pass rush?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ImageImageImageImage
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Quitters are going to quit (even mid-season). He wouldn't make it on this team - it's all about him. Good luck in the real world!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:Quitters are going to quit (even mid-season). He wouldn't make it on this team - it's all about him. Good luck in the real world!
Yeah, no chance he would last in Bohl's culture (which is a culture of discipline and winning). The guy seems like a head case.