If this board is any indication

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Very little left to discuss about this scrimmage season which shows on the board. That is among die hards.

I wonder if we'll break 10K for attendance at the UNLV game. If the weather is bad, I'll bet it will be worse than that game against Utah at night in a blizzard (99 or 00--I don't remember). I think there were only about 300 of us there.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Supposed to be decent (upper 30's - from a buddy's weather app)...but ya, the football board has soured. From the folks that think that it should be against board rules to frequently post, to the sunshine pumpers, to the nay-sayers and negative Nancies, and everyone between. Losing (and not even competing) will do that I guess.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

McPeachy wrote:Supposed to be decent (upper 30's - from a buddy's weather app)...but ya, the football board has soured. From the folks that think that it should be against board rules to frequently post, to the sunshine pumpers, to the nay-sayers and negative Nancies, and everyone between. Losing (and not even competing) will do that I guess.
I missed this part.

I think a little time after the football season, the next year debate will begin (as always..lol). WYO football is actually a pretty interesting story line if you accept the notion that this season is not an indication of where things are going. They could continue to be bad or get dramatically better, but this season provides no solid information for a reasoned prediction.

CB clearly instated "his method" to this rebuild which included a complete destruction. It will definitely be interesting to see if CB's method works at WYO.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Any predictions about the weather now is just a guess. Anything greater than about a week the weather people really do't know and are just guessing.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:Any predictions about the weather now is just a guess. Anything greater than about a week the weather people really do't know and are just guessing.
Ya...really anything greater than a day is a guess in Wyoming. :D
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:CB clearly instated "his method" to this rebuild which included a complete destruction. It will definitely be interesting to see if CB's method works at WYO.
I don't have a great feeling about that method, and it sure as hell hasn't been fan friendly. I wonder if it is possible to take a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds (this generation / these days) that have gotten their asses thoroughly kicked for 2 years, and turn them into knowing how to win / learning how to win. Then again, maybe this is a 8-10 year project.
Dear Karma,

Hayduke
Cowpoke

I'll be at the Vegas game if the weather is decent. However, I'm not traveling up 287 or over the pass on the interstate in blizzard conditions to watch a "scrimmage"...

I may be a diehard, but not that much of one...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I think the reason the board has died off is that most of the fan base checked out after the 3rd or 4th game of the season. Like you mentioned, not much left to talk about and certainly no reason to come get all hot, bothered, and frothy on this board over something that means nothing this season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I would say most fans have checked out on this season.

Also for me it goes to the saying "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it at all." I don't believe that continuing to pile on to this team and coaches at this point in time is constructive at all for the future of the program. If next year is anything similar, then it will be time.

New Mexico can give us hope. That team has appeared to turn the corner.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Nothing to see here. Just move along to the Basketball section :cool:
I'm good for 3!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Cornpoke wrote:Nothing to see here. Just move along to the Basketball section :cool:
Exactly. On to basketball. I have never been so ready for a football season to be over in my entire life.