Joe Glenn set to retire

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Looks like Cowboy Joe is riding off into the sunset.
https://twitter.com/JtESPN991/status/667750425173495808
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Joe Glenn to this day is my favorite coach that Wyoming ever had. He didn't get it done in the win column, but he's a hell of a guy.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

It would be great if we could extend that olive branch and get him involved in our program in some capacity.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:It would be great if we could extend that olive branch and get him involved in our program in some capacity.
Official UW pianist and singer.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

He got our IPF built, beat UCLA in the Vegas Bowl, beat Tennessee on their home turf with a pretty "meh" team on their homecoming. Notches in his cap, for sure.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

MrTitleist wrote:He got our IPF built, beat UCLA in the Vegas Bowl, beat Tennessee on their home turf with a pretty "meh" team on their homecoming. Notches in his cap, for sure.
He beat North Dakota State at North Dakota State. I believe South Dakota is the only team to do that in the past 5 years or so.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Love the guy, and thought he was an ideal head coach for our program. UW didn't have (or allow) him the money to fund the OC position (and some others)...or he would likely be retiring from Wyoming on Monday.

Had Glenn been given Dickface's money and resources that Burman ponied up, he would have been much more successful than he was, or than Dickface was. What an absolute shame...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Hell of a good guy and I thought he was a good coach. I think he was either too loyal to Cockhill or didn't have enough support to get a better coordinator. The trade for DC wasn't a good one but hindsight is always 20-20.

I know his conference record was pretty bad his last 2 years, but the MWC was pretty salty. I've often wondered what he would have done in 1 more year. DC took that group to a bowl game and then Glenn's final class were Seniors in the 8 win season under DC if I remember correctly.

In the end, the offense and lack of QB did him in. Really, really like the guy, though.

Enjoy retirement Coach!!!!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good guy and wish him well in his retirement!
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Lincoln, NE representing and former Doane coach...great guy.
GO POKES!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Great guy - I'll always be thankful to him for how nice and genuine he always seemed. Gave my brother the experience of a lifetime with sideline passes to a game at Utah.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Coach Glenn was always a coordinator and a QB away from being really successful. I distinctly remember meeting Coach Glenn my sophomore year in college, I was in the marching band and we recorded a pump up video of Joe playing Ragtime Cowboy Joe on the piano in the Fine Arts Concert Hall, and then Western Thunder joined him for the second time through the song. After the video was recorded I was up in the lobby and he came up to me, shook my hand and asked if I was in the band, after replying, he thanked me for what I did and what we did as a group and how important it was to him and the team. One of my favorite moments from my time in the band. I'll always think highly of Coach Glenn and wish him nothing but the best in retirement. I'd love to see him come back as the AD if he has second thoughts on retirement.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I met Glenn once in King Soopers in Windsor, Colorado. He had cleats on and his UW coaches garb. Came right from practice, and although he wouldn't admit it, he was probably on a recruiting visit. This was before I did my master's at UW.

He was surrounded by CSU fans and just gabbing about football with them. He had everyone laughing while he ribbed the CSU fans in a good natured way. He really lit up the area around him.

I just remembered him from his UNC days and asked if he remembered a friend of mine that he coached against. Turns out he had dinner with him and his family a couple of weeks ago. Rattled off their kids names and how they were doing, ect.

I left with such a good impression that from then on I was a Joe Glenn fan. Love to see him in Laramie, but he is a South Dakota guy. They would be wise to keep him around in some capacity.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa