UNLV: Game and attendance predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote:I have a feeling the Pokes will pull it out. I'll be there as well.
If "it" means their head, and out of the usual place, then, yes they need to do that. So does Bohl. But Saturday
it won't help. UNLV 21 to 7.
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

2 of us won't be driving up from Casper to use the last of our season tickets. I wouldn't hesitate to go if I lived in Laramie or Cheyenne-no matter how bad they were. Less than 9000 in the stands-I would guess.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

The only hope the Pokes have is to come out of the gates quickly.It will be cold, windy, and maybe snowy. Hopefully those Vegas boys will let down in this weather if we go up early. The stadium will be about as full as a spring scrimmage. This will cap off the most dismal year I have ever witnessed as a Cowboy fan. I am worried for the future too...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Yabadabadoo wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Pretty sad that our offense is so damn one dimensional. Seriously teams actually want us to run the ball 30 times when we are down 2 to 3 scores. It's been that way all year. Now because of that players are lining up to hand in their transfer papers. I really don't know what Bohl Is doing. Anyways I haven't gone to the last two home games because I'm so tired of this boring style of football. At least DC brought some excitement with his offensive style. Defensively nothing has changed. Going over the team stats I'm shocked the Uso Olive only has one solo tackle. Something is really weird here. I m still a Poke fan, but my season tickets will probably not be renewed next year. I actually get bored as f-word at the games this season. It's painful to watch as a lifelong fan. This Bohl hire and his pro style offense and Tampa 2 defense is outdated.
You say players are lining up to hand in transfer papers? This is fact, or instinctive feeling, on your behalf?

I agree with you that the defensive system is awful, we've been talking about it all season, it's a soft zone, it never changes, it's utterly predictable, it almost never sends any blitz packages, etc.

Offensively the play calling has left a lot to be desired this season when Coffman has been under center.

I doubt either Vigen nor Stanard will be replaced after the season concludes.
Well in regards to players lining up to transfer, I just heard Doddles and a couple other players ( I don't know their names) are planning on leaving. This is second hand information so I have no clue if it's definite or just frustration talk. Others have brought up names on the Rivals board. So that's where I got this information.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

mwc fan wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Pretty sad that our offense is so damn one dimensional. Seriously teams actually want us to run the ball 30 times when we are down 2 to 3 scores. It's been that way all year. Now because of that players are lining up to hand in their transfer papers. I really don't know what Bohl Is doing. Anyways I haven't gone to the last two home games because I'm so tired of this boring style of football. At least DC brought some excitement with his offensive style. Defensively nothing has changed. Going over the team stats I'm shocked the Uso Olive only has one solo tackle. Something is really weird here. I m still a Poke fan, but my season tickets will probably not be renewed next year. I actually get bored as f-word at the games this season. It's painful to watch as a lifelong fan. This Bohl hire and his pro style offense and Tampa 2 defense is outdated.
You say players are lining up to hand in transfer papers? This is fact, or instinctive feeling, on your behalf?

I agree with you that the defensive system is awful, we've been talking about it all season, it's a soft zone, it never changes, it's utterly predictable, it almost never sends any blitz packages, etc.

Offensively the play calling has left a lot to be desired this season when Coffman has been under center.

Well in regards to players lining up to transfer, I just heard Doddles and a couple other players ( I don't know their names) are planning on leaving. This is second hand information so I have no clue if it's definite or just frustration talk. Others have brought up names on the Rivals board. So that's where I got this information.
What names are they throwing around?
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:
mwc fan wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:

What names are they throwing around?
A couple of walk-ons I think (couldn't find their names on the roster) named Vigen and Stanard.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

johnywyo wrote: Man I'm hoping for somebody to present some encouraging banter soon, maybe Stutz, or RagtimeJoe or Wyo2Dallas or hell Beaver for that matter,,,,,sign on boys!
:lol: I'm sure once this game passes and all the attrition is known, there will be some entertaining banter. I don't know about encouraging
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Vegas spread now even. Was -2.5 for Nevada and kept dropping
GO POKES!!
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Wyoming now favored by 2 now!
GO POKES!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

jbeiermann wrote:Wyoming now favored by 2 now!
Unbelievable. Thanks for letting us know. I'm calling my buddy is Vegas to place a bet for me. Rib eyes and beers tonight courtesy of the Pokes!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Attendence looks like a high school state championship game. SMH
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Slow Hand wrote:Attendence looks like a high school state championship game. SMH
Road conditions statewide were pretty ugly at the time people would've had to leave to make kickoff.

Not to mention the matchup.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Attendence looks like a high school state championship game. SMH
Road conditions statewide were pretty ugly at the time people would've had to leave to make kickoff.

Not to mention the matchup.
Exactly....not everything needs to be bitched about.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Very happy for the W! Also, super happy for Eddie on the sack.

What was announced attendance?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Dude give it a rest
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

djm19 wrote:So hard to guess what could happen in this one... Traditionally we have been mopped up following bye weeks, so the whole bye week preparation thing I think is moot. I want to say the guys will have a little extra motivation because it is senior day, but I don't know if that will help or not. If a truck is stuck in the snow, pushing the gas more doesn't mean you will get out.

I would love to see guys like Eddie go out with a win, but I just don't even know. I say Pokes win this one by a td.

As for attendance, I think it will be very very sparse. A 1-10 team battling it out vs a 3-8 team isn't exactly a must see event. The weather is supposed to be decent for Laramie weather, but cold nonetheless (and snowing the days leading up to the game).

Thanksgiving weekend everyone is home and, honestly, don't have a compelling reason to come back to school two days earlier for the game.

I am thinking paid attendance will be 10k. Actual attendance will be half that.
Aaaaaaand.... boom goes the dynamite.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I saw ESPN had attendance at just over 11K. Sound right for those at the game?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I saw ESPN had attendance at just over 11K. Sound right for those at the game?
I saw that too. No way 11k people were there. Did you see the stands? My gosh, looked like Fall Camp game. There couldn't have been more than a few thousand.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I saw ESPN had attendance at just over 11K. Sound right for those at the game?
I would say...if you added players, employees, concessions staff, band, cheer, luxury boxes, ROTC, etc., etc., that the attendance was somewhere around 2 - 3,000.

That said, although I predicted we would pee-pee our pants and lose by double digits, that was the best game I had been to all year, and quite frankly the best game I had been to since 'ol Bohly's took the reigns. It was a blast, and the weather was actually crisp - but no wind, it was awesome. SO stoked for the UW win! For those of you that were on the fence and didn't make it, you missed a fun one.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
I would say...if you added players, employees, concessions staff, band, cheer, luxury boxes, ROTC, etc., etc., that the attendance was somewhere around 2 - 3,000.

That said, although I predicted we would pee-pee our pants and lose by double digits, that was the best game I had been to all year, and quite frankly the best game I had been to since 'ol Bohly's took the reigns. It was a blast, and the weather was actually crisp - but no wind, it was awesome. SO stoked for the UW win! For those of you that were on the fence and didn't make it, you missed a fun one.
Ditto on all counts...

WW