UNLV: Game and attendance predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Interesting game and still no line. Should be chilly but not too bad.

I'm thinking UNLV sneaks out with a W by a TD and attendance will be south of 10K (actual). A bit doomsday, I know, but the weekend after Thanksgiving is always tough. This season will make it worse.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I think UNLV has a nice balanced offense, 2,264 yards passing and 2,136 rushing yards this year. This means Stanard will have to scheme for both a run and passing game, and I don't think he has the skills to do it. I think UNLV wins by at least two touchdowns. As far as the crowd goes, I think actual butts in the seats will be less than 5,000. The poor performance by the basketball team to date, plus the fact the bball game that day is a rematch against MSU, means most people would probably rather stay home, instead of showing up and watching both programs lose. Losing has a way of driving folks away, even loyal fans. I hope I am dead wrong on all counts.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

CowboyNV wrote:I think UNLV has a nice balanced offense, 2,264 yards passing and 2,136 rushing yards this year. This means Stanard will have to scheme for both a run and passing game, and I don't think he has the skills to do it. I think UNLV wins by at least two touchdowns. As far as the crowd goes, I think actual butts in the seats will be less than 5,000. The poor performance by the basketball team to date, plus the fact the bball game that day is a rematch against MSU, means most people would probably rather stay home, instead of showing up and watching both programs lose. Losing has a way of driving folks away, even loyal fans. I hope I am dead wrong on all counts.
This is spot on analysis. Attendance will be dismal at both. I don't know why anyone who isn't related to a football player would go to the game at this point. If you want to spend three hours being frustrated, go to a strip club.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I went back through some of the historical attendance figures on this weekend. byu and CSU would be lower than if we played them on another weekend but were still better than most other teams.

After looking at the numbers, I lower my attendance prediction to south of 7500. I'm guessing somewhere between 5K and 7500.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

So hard to guess what could happen in this one... Traditionally we have been mopped up following bye weeks, so the whole bye week preparation thing I think is moot. I want to say the guys will have a little extra motivation because it is senior day, but I don't know if that will help or not. If a truck is stuck in the snow, pushing the gas more doesn't mean you will get out.

I would love to see guys like Eddie go out with a win, but I just don't even know. I say Pokes win this one by a td.

As for attendance, I think it will be very very sparse. A 1-10 team battling it out vs a 3-8 team isn't exactly a must see event. The weather is supposed to be decent for Laramie weather, but cold nonetheless (and snowing the days leading up to the game).

Thanksgiving weekend everyone is home and, honestly, don't have a compelling reason to come back to school two days earlier for the game.

I am thinking paid attendance will be 10k. Actual attendance will be half that.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

It wouldn't even be a sellout at Deti stadium
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

UNLV will beat us by double digits.

Attendance, actual (non-SDSU reporting style) will likely be < 5,000

Attendance, paid (SDSU style) will be closer to 17,000
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyoming & Bohl win this game and gives you a shot in the arm for the offseason

24-21
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

lakesbison wrote:Wyoming & Bohl win this game and gives you a shot in the arm for the offseason

24-21
I like your optimism Lake, but Bohl is 1-2 in games where he has had more than a week to prepare. He beat Montana the first game of 2014 (had all summer to prepare), lost to BSU after the bye week, and lost to North Dakota the beginning of the 2015 season (after having all summer to prepare). I don't have a high degree of confidence that this game is any different. I predict he goes 1-3 in games with over a week to prepare, and his win/loss total in his first two years ends up 5/19, or a winning percentage of 20.8% - remarkably similar to his record in games played with over a week to prepare (a winning percentage of 25% for those who are counting). Gotta love statistics. Happy Thanksgiving.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Bohl was 18-1 at NDSU in a bye week. crazy . like I said, a win here for Wyoming would be a great springboard.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

27-17 Rebels win.

I'll probably be there. Hope I'm wrong. If anything, it's nice to hang out in the IPF and listen to the band.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Pokes win 17-14 in a miserably cold, windy day in front of less than 10,000 folks. I'll be there.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I have a feeling the Pokes will pull it out. I'll be there as well.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Attendance will be dismal! Students are out for Thanksgiving, it is cold and the Pokes are really bad!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

The lines I've seen have us as 3 point underdogs.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Unfortunately its very tough to get a good feel for what might happen with this last game of the season.

The optimist in me wants to go with my heart and say that they'll go out there and play their best game of the season and get a win. The realist in me considers the season, the lack of defense, the offense which has struggled for long stretches with inconsistency, etc.

I'll breathe a sigh of relief when the final curtain finally closes on this one. It's been a trying year, although it shouldn't have been unexpected at all when considering the youth and inexperience, not to mention a team that is well undersized against virtually every opponent they've played.

A win on Saturday will provide a little silver lining around what has been a dark cloud. I still think our future is bright.

With all that said, the Cowboy in me says the Pokes will find a way to win this game, and Brian Hill will get the yardage necessary to become the single-season Wyoming rushing leader.

Go Pokes.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Pretty sad that our offense is so damn one dimensional. Seriously teams actually want us to run the ball 30 times when we are down 2 to 3 scores. It's been that way all year. Now because of that players are lining up to hand in their transfer papers. I really don't know what Bohl Is doing. Anyways I haven't gone to the last two home games because I'm so tired of this boring style of football. At least DC brought some excitement with his offensive style. Defensively nothing has changed. Going over the team stats I'm shocked the Uso Olive only has one solo tackle. Something is really weird here. I m still a Poke fan, but my season tickets will probably not be renewed next year. I actually get bored as f-word at the games this season. It's painful to watch as a lifelong fan. This Bohl hire and his pro style offense and Tampa 2 defense is outdated.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

mwc fan wrote:Pretty sad that our offense is so damn one dimensional. Seriously teams actually want us to run the ball 30 times when we are down 2 to 3 scores. It's been that way all year. Now because of that players are lining up to hand in their transfer papers. I really don't know what Bohl Is doing. Anyways I haven't gone to the last two home games because I'm so tired of this boring style of football. At least DC brought some excitement with his offensive style. Defensively nothing has changed. Going over the team stats I'm shocked the Uso Olive only has one solo tackle. Something is really weird here. I m still a Poke fan, but my season tickets will probably not be renewed next year. I actually get bored as f-word at the games this season. It's painful to watch as a lifelong fan. This Bohl hire and his pro style offense and Tampa 2 defense is outdated.
You say players are lining up to hand in transfer papers? This is fact, or instinctive feeling, on your behalf?

I agree with you that the defensive system is awful, we've been talking about it all season, it's a soft zone, it never changes, it's utterly predictable, it almost never sends any blitz packages, etc.

Offensively the play calling has left a lot to be desired this season when Coffman has been under center.

I doubt either Vigen nor Stanard will be replaced after the season concludes.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:I think UNLV has a nice balanced offense, 2,264 yards passing and 2,136 rushing yards this year. This means Stanard will have to scheme for both a run and passing game, and I don't think he has the skills to do it. I think UNLV wins by at least two touchdowns. As far as the crowd goes, I think actual butts in the seats will be less than 5,000. The poor performance by the basketball team to date, plus the fact the bball game that day is a rematch against MSU, means most people would probably rather stay home, instead of showing up and watching both programs lose. Losing has a way of driving folks away, even loyal fans. I hope I am dead wrong on all counts.
This is spot on analysis. Attendance will be dismal at both. I don't know why anyone who isn't related to a football player would go to the game at this point. If you want to spend three hours being frustrated, go to a strip club.
Or, perhaps, because we're actually fans of the Wyoming Cowboys and die-hard supporters of all things UW...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

I'm not sure we can suffer through another year of this disastrous performance. Looking at this year in the rear view mirror, its been an utter disaster. It is truly confounding why Bohl has no apparent reaction while on the field coaching. Maybe he has mentally prepared after getting pasted by North Dakota followed by Eastern Michigan, thus relegated to a realist and "settled" for this clusterf***. The highlights of the season boil down to several quality freshman having the chance to prepare themselves for their futures. A very good back in Hill, a developing run game and Cam Coffman who mirrors Bohl in his game face while tossing unfortunate interceptions while we actually were in games; see WSU, Air Force, and App State. We seem to have regressed to an un-watchable product. If we are not the worst team in D-1 Bowl Division college football, I'm not sure who would snatch that unenviable assignment from our fumbling grasp? We've all been loyalists to the school, the state, the tradition and so forth; yet the question remains is how long can we endure this type of performance? Having way too much at stake to let Bohl go this early in the process, I wish CB could come clean and lend us some earnest expectations at seasons end and point towards progress. Regardless of what he proposes I don't know if many of us would believe him at this stage in the process of the rebuild. Looking forward to comments as this vault closes on 2015 Wyo Football, may the highlight reels be secluded to the most embarrassing moments in Cowboy folklore. Man I'm hoping for somebody to present some encouraging banter soon, maybe Stutz, or RagtimeJoe or Wyo2Dallas or hell Beaver for that matter,,,,,sign on boys!
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.