UNLV: Game and attendance predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Attendence looks like a high school state championship game. SMH
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Slow Hand wrote:Attendence looks like a high school state championship game. SMH
Road conditions statewide were pretty ugly at the time people would've had to leave to make kickoff.

Not to mention the matchup.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Attendence looks like a high school state championship game. SMH
Road conditions statewide were pretty ugly at the time people would've had to leave to make kickoff.

Not to mention the matchup.
Exactly....not everything needs to be bitched about.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Very happy for the W! Also, super happy for Eddie on the sack.

What was announced attendance?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Dude give it a rest
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

djm19 wrote:So hard to guess what could happen in this one... Traditionally we have been mopped up following bye weeks, so the whole bye week preparation thing I think is moot. I want to say the guys will have a little extra motivation because it is senior day, but I don't know if that will help or not. If a truck is stuck in the snow, pushing the gas more doesn't mean you will get out.

I would love to see guys like Eddie go out with a win, but I just don't even know. I say Pokes win this one by a td.

As for attendance, I think it will be very very sparse. A 1-10 team battling it out vs a 3-8 team isn't exactly a must see event. The weather is supposed to be decent for Laramie weather, but cold nonetheless (and snowing the days leading up to the game).

Thanksgiving weekend everyone is home and, honestly, don't have a compelling reason to come back to school two days earlier for the game.

I am thinking paid attendance will be 10k. Actual attendance will be half that.
Aaaaaaand.... boom goes the dynamite.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I saw ESPN had attendance at just over 11K. Sound right for those at the game?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I saw ESPN had attendance at just over 11K. Sound right for those at the game?
I saw that too. No way 11k people were there. Did you see the stands? My gosh, looked like Fall Camp game. There couldn't have been more than a few thousand.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I saw ESPN had attendance at just over 11K. Sound right for those at the game?
I would say...if you added players, employees, concessions staff, band, cheer, luxury boxes, ROTC, etc., etc., that the attendance was somewhere around 2 - 3,000.

That said, although I predicted we would pee-pee our pants and lose by double digits, that was the best game I had been to all year, and quite frankly the best game I had been to since 'ol Bohly's took the reigns. It was a blast, and the weather was actually crisp - but no wind, it was awesome. SO stoked for the UW win! For those of you that were on the fence and didn't make it, you missed a fun one.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
I would say...if you added players, employees, concessions staff, band, cheer, luxury boxes, ROTC, etc., etc., that the attendance was somewhere around 2 - 3,000.

That said, although I predicted we would pee-pee our pants and lose by double digits, that was the best game I had been to all year, and quite frankly the best game I had been to since 'ol Bohly's took the reigns. It was a blast, and the weather was actually crisp - but no wind, it was awesome. SO stoked for the UW win! For those of you that were on the fence and didn't make it, you missed a fun one.
Ditto on all counts...

WW
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote:

Yes. It was truly a blast. I would say there were 4k there at the beginning. We sat on the lower west side and didn't move over to the east at half time because we didn't want to mess up any possible good karma we had going on. It was damn cold in the shade, but so worth it
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

djm19 wrote:
djm19 wrote:So hard to guess what could happen in this one... Traditionally we have been mopped up following bye weeks, so the whole bye week preparation thing I think is moot. I want to say the guys will have a little extra motivation because it is senior day, but I don't know if that will help or not. If a truck is stuck in the snow, pushing the gas more doesn't mean you will get out.

I would love to see guys like Eddie go out with a win, but I just don't even know. I say Pokes win this one by a td.

As for attendance, I think it will be very very sparse. A 1-10 team battling it out vs a 3-8 team isn't exactly a must see event. The weather is supposed to be decent for Laramie weather, but cold nonetheless (and snowing the days leading up to the game).

Thanksgiving weekend everyone is home and, honestly, don't have a compelling reason to come back to school two days earlier for the game.

I am thinking paid attendance will be 10k. Actual attendance will be half that.
Aaaaaaand.... boom goes the dynamite.
I was excited for them to go out with a win, and even more excited for Brian Hill. That guy runs so hard. However, if you predict a win every game, you'll be right once in a while. :lol:
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
I was excited for them to go out with a win, and even more excited for Brian Hill. That guy runs so hard. However, if you predict a win every game, you'll be right once in a while. :lol:
Don't tell that to the fans for Central Florida and Kansas...0-12, ouch.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

lakesbison wrote:Wyoming & Bohl win this game and gives you a shot in the arm for the offseason

24-21
wow I forgot that I predicted that!!