OT: Any predictions on coaching vacancies

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

I'm thinking Chip Kelly is canned by the Eagles and is USC bound. I'm sure Memphis and Houston are nervous which is why they ponied up some money. Still, the P5 label is attractive despite the dollars.

The Miami situation is interesting. That place should be relatively easy to build a national contender. Some decent teams lately, but not to the potential there.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Someone on the other board mentioned both Bouknight and Gilmore are on the list for the vacant wide receiver coaching position. Either would be a good get IMO. And, both are alumi.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LSU position will be open soon.

If this really happens, bring Corey Raymond to Laramie as DC!!!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

JimmyDimes wrote:Someone on the other board mentioned both Bouknight and Gilmore are on the list for the vacant wide receiver coaching position. Either would be a good get IMO. And, both are alumi.
Crazy to see the coaching discrepancies between assistants (especially position) and head guys.

Bouknight making about $63,740.04 p/ year at USU
http://www.utahsright.com/profile.php?id=3114416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kyle Whittingham $2.5 million per year (not including bonus) http://www.utahsright.com/profile.php?id=2935612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vs Utah WR coach Taylor Stubblefield making $77,000 per year. http://www.utahsright.com/profile.php?id=2935612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bohl middle of the pack salary. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charlie Strong making $5M at Texas! :rofl:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:LSU position will be open soon.

If this really happens, bring Corey Raymond to Laramie as DC!!!
I agree on LSU being open. And I like how you think.

Decent site here: http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Montana State just canned their whole staff.
ImageImageImageImage
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I'm thinking Chip Kelly is canned by the Eagles and is USC bound.
It's a little frightening to think of what CK could do with the talent that flows through that program.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:Montana State just canned their whole staff.
As a Wildcats fan, this must be hard on you.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wait, what?
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wait, what?
I am calling you a Wildcats fan despite knowing full well you are a grizzly fan.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I predict that Craig Bohl will not be accepting the USC position.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: The Miami situation is interesting. That place should be relatively easy to build a national contender. Some decent teams lately, but not to the potential there.
This is a little bit of a fallacy, Joe. "The U" is notorious for underpaying its head coach and his staff, and does not have an on-campus stadium. It's about 40 minutes from the campus to Sun Life Stadium, I believe. There are also sub par facilities as far as competing with the big boys. It's not the dream job people think it is.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

I don't suppose Les Miles would want to coach in Laramie? :D

Can you imagine being such a spoiled fan base that a national title and two conference championships isn't good enough for you anymore? Jesus Christ if a coach broke .500 two years in a row at Laramie we'd build him a 70 foot statue out of solid gold.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote: The Miami situation is interesting. That place should be relatively easy to build a national contender. Some decent teams lately, but not to the potential there.
This is a little bit of a fallacy, Joe. "The U" is notorious for underpaying its head coach and his staff, and does not have an on-campus stadium. It's about 40 minutes from the campus to Sun Life Stadium, I believe. There are also sub par facilities as far as competing with the big boys. It's not the dream job people think it is.
You definitely aren't wrong, but I meant from a pure recruiting standpoint. You don't need that many official visits; you could probably fill a roster within a 3 hour drive radius.

Good article on it which highlights exactly what you said: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... olumn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
You definitely aren't wrong, but I meant from a pure recruiting standpoint. You don't need that many official visits; you could probably fill a roster within a 3 hour drive radius.

Good article on it which highlights exactly what you said: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... olumn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh yes the recruiting area is an absolute gold mine. No doubt about that.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:I predict that Craig Bohl will not be accepting the USC position.
I predict that Bohl won't be offered any position
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Can you imagine if Bohl left after this year? Holy Hell you want to talk about a train wreck... this program would be in shambles!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Highly doubt this happens, but people in Colorado are hoping that if Les gets canned, CU could land him. He was an assistant there under McCartney so it's not totally out of the question but I don't know if Les would want to take on that big of a project.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Slow Hand wrote:Can you imagine if Bohl left after this year? Holy Hell you want to talk about a train wreck... this program would be in shambles!
You mean in shambles like it is now?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote:Highly doubt this happens, but people in Colorado are hoping that if Les gets canned, CU could land him. He was an assistant there under McCartney so it's not totally out of the question but I don't know if Les would want to take on that big of a project.
It would be a homerun hire. LSU is delusional. I don't think Miles has been below 8 wins and is usually 10 or more. He also has good recruiting classes. I think LSU will regret it if they can him.