Props (gulp) Best Game Vigen has called all season.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Saved his job.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Not sure why it would save or not save his job.

If his performance was unacceptable this year to Bohl, he'd be gone no matter this result. If not, not.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Where the hell was this play calling all season!?!?!? Great game for the Cowboys! Great game for Hill!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Where the hell was this play calling all season!?!?!? Great game for the Cowboys! Great game for Hill!
This.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Agreed. He did well in this game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

SnowyRange wrote:Not sure why it would save or not save his job.

If his performance was unacceptable this year to Bohl, he'd be gone no matter this result. If not, not.
Because he proved he can actually call a game at this level.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Nah. Nobody measures a coach's performance -- well, except maybe some fans -- by one game.

It's measured over the long haul, in practice and the games.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I don't know if he saved his job or not, but that was by far the best called game this season. There was still too much run up the middle, but it was way better than usual. The reverse to Berger was a great call as well as the long play-action to Hollister when a run was expected. And the draw at the end of the first half was a great call. Where was this all season?!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

SnowyRange wrote:
Nah. Nobody measures a coach's performance -- well, except maybe some fans -- by one game.

It's measured over the long haul, in practice and the games.

Oookkkkkkk
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Didn't see the game. Did he actually call the game differently, or did he call it basically the same but things just worked this time....

It's easy to say it's terrific playcalling when it works and poop playcalling when it doesn't. Execution makes the bulk of the difference.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Didn't see the game. Did he actually call the game differently, or did he call it basically the same but things just worked this time....

It's easy to say it's terrific playcalling when it works and poop playcalling when it doesn't. Execution makes the bulk of the difference.
He called it differently (for the most part).
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

My only complaint was that we were running toss sweeps at the end of the 4th quarter when we were going to ice the game. Yikes so much more can go wrong on toss sweeps.
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

Unlv is a bad team .... of course he called a good game . I wouldn't take anything from this game. Good or bad .
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Hampshire wrote:Unlv is a bad team .... of course he called a good game . I wouldn't take anything from this game. Good or bad .
ok. go back to your hole, troll.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

He called plays that worked when he called them.

When it works, you're King.

I can't remember which game it was but it was one where we was still in it for 3qtr. We run it 8 straight , moving the ball. We finally go play action on first down and they blitz Two dudes and get the sack.
W-Y, Until I Die!
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Other than the wildcat direct snap to Hill, I didn't see a single playcall against UNLV, that I hadn't seen Vigen call at NDSU. His timing of when to call play action was better (like not on 3rd and long), but the biggest differences in my opinion was that we had a lead, plus had established the run on 1st down. The offense is not designed for comebacks, and I don't think Vigen is that good of a play caller (at least yet) when down by 2 or more scores.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

That play action on 3rd and short was great. I was expecting a run for sure. In fact I was expecting it to get stuffed.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

I'm not sure who the troll is ...you maybe ? But I am sure about unlv! I have watched all but 3 games of theirs after the starting qb was hurt and some other injuries they haven't been real good really . Are you saying they are a good team . Yes or no ? I did like that hurry up on third and short then pass out of it .
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Hampshire wrote:I'm not sure who the troll is ...you maybe ? But I am sure about unlv! I have watched all but 3 games of theirs after the starting qb was hurt and some other injuries they haven't been real good really . Are you saying they are a good team . Yes or no ? I did like that hurry up on third and short then pass out of it .
The only 10 posts you have deride the integrity coaching staff, program, players, quality of life in Laramie and now you are devaluing only one of two wins we had this year. Yeah, I would say you are a troll. Definitely not a fan. I hope no one takes you serious.

Last time I checked Decker played Saturday. No, I would not call UNLV good, but they are a senior-laden team that's played some teams pretty good teams well this year. I'm not sure why you can't be happy about the win and give credit.
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

That's true I'm nowhere near 1900 but you have to start somewhere , I guess I'll work on my numbers . Ya I ment a health decker , he couldn't hardly walk far from being healthy that's for sure , hip and ankle are a mess.