Brian Hill the best player ever in Wyoming history?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

He certainly has to be in the talk. Wyoming has its own version of BEAST MODE and his name is Brian Hill.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I can definitely see him in the talk. He's in elite company for sure
W-Y, Until I Die!
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

232 yards today.
Breaks the season rushing record on a 50+ yard run.
1630 total yards plus/minus in a season
5 games over 200 yards
11 games over 100 yards
All this in two years
I'll take one more year.

BTW-Josh Tapscott looked really good today
Last edited by Douglaspoke on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

No.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

He is not better than Ryan Yarborough or Marcus Harris so no.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wicks wrote:He is not better than Ryan Yarborough or Marcus Harris so no.
That's a bold statement... Both those were on much better teams.... Hill is doing a lot with a sub par team....
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
That's a bold statement... Both those were on much better teams.... Hill is doing a lot with a sub par team....
IDK he is ONLY a true sophomore.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Best player? No one will ever know, but it can't only be about stats. Wins must come into the equation as well when talking about best ever. Sure is fun to watch him run though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

He's darn good and the best RB I've seen in person. He could be. On the long TD run I don't know who else could have broken those two tackles like that. Unreal
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Lax called it right, we looked like deer in the headlights prior to that monster run. He punished that last defender and ran through him like he was a little bitch down the sideline. The cat has wheels too. That was the Wyoming highlight of 2015. I actually got out of my chair and cheered, man it's been a long time coming.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

How so? He will own every rushing record at UW after next season. Personally I would say he is on his way to being the best ever.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
How so? He will own every rushing record at UW after next season. Personally I would say he is on his way to being the best ever.
Those two were All Americans and Harris won the Biletnikof Award.
Wicks
Blog Team

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
When Hill is a consensus All-American I will consider him as one of the best ever until then stick with this short list and a few select others.

Wyoming Consensus All-Americans:

1997 Brian Lee, Free Safety
1996 Marcus Harris, Wide Receiver
1984 Jay Novacek, Tight End
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

I dont think its far fetched for him to be in discussion. Especially if he is healthy all of next year and if he gets Doak Walker
GO POKES!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

If Brian sticks around for two more year, then he definitely has a chance. I think he needs to bulk up a little more, but he's already NFL material.

Go Pokes!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Hill is the exact type of RB the NFL likes
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:Hill is the exact type of RB the NFL likes
Big, strong, good speed, good hands, good blocker, great vision, never goes down on first contact...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Wicks wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
When Hill is a consensus All-American I will consider him as one of the best ever until then stick with this short list and a few select others.

Those players gained that accolade in a time when Money wasn't the only thing that mattered in college football. I'm willing to bet money you won't see an All-American come from Wyoming football in the next 10 years.

You can't compare such drastic differences to determine who is better. From a statistical stand point Hill will be the best back to ever play at UW unless he leaves early.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
Wicks wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:

Those players gained that accolade in a time when Money wasn't the only thing that mattered in college football. I'm willing to bet money you won't see an All-American come from Wyoming football in the next 10 years.

You can't compare such drastic differences to determine who is better. From a statistical stand point Hill will be the best back to ever play at UW unless he leaves early.
While I agree that times are different, Rashard Higgins was a consensus all American at CSU just last year. Hill has every opportunity to become an All American, even at WYO
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
Wicks wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:

Agree Hill will have good numbers if he doesn't leave early. Dabby Dawson actually had better numbers his junior year than Hill does as a sophomore though if you look it up. Hill ended up with more total rushing yards but he carried the ball almost twice as many times . Dabby had far better yards per carry and more TD"S and his receiving yards were better also. He also played on a way better team which I think helps someone's cause if they want to be considered the best ever not only at his position but considered "best football player ever".

That is only one guy i looked up at one position. You would have to look up guys at different positions stats. If I remember right Harris and Yaborough has some pretty big numbers as sophomores and not only set school records at the time but set national records before they were done playing.

I would also argue that guys like Dabby Dawson, Harris, Yaborough played against far better competition than what Hill is playing against. I would like to see Hill put up some numbers against some good competition. Not taking anything away from him because he is a great back but we will have to see how the next two years play out before i call him the best football player ever at Wyoming.

If he stays two more years and continues on the pace he is on then he will be in the talk for sure as best ever.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….