And so it begins....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

The first Big name player has called it quits for the University of Wyoming. Uso has announced that he is packing up and leaving. You will hear all kinds of reasons, but the bottom line is he does not want to be here. I Know there has been a lot of hype about our early verbals but I wonder how many other D1 offers they have? It is my belief that we will see some more follow him. I already made my point in the receiving corps....everyone of last years recruits have expressed a desire to leave. We are on very shaky ground right now with this program. I know many of you have expressed that you believe that Bohl will get it done here but I have always been a sceptic. Now with Uce leaving the hair on the back of my neck is beginning to stand up. This program could fall even deeper into the poop than it already is. I did not think that was possible.........
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Too bad if Uso is leaving. That would be a dumb move on his part. In regards to who is recruiting who....who cares dude. Brian Hill didn't have a lot of offers and now look. Sounds like you are just trying to hard to bring a negative light to the program.

My question to you is....are you a Wyoming Cowboy fan? If so, why do you want the program to fail. Fans shouldn't give a poop who the coach is...it should always be about the team. Those who focus on the coach aren't true fans in my opinion. They are too concerned with their own agendas.

In Bohl I trust!!!

Go Pokes!!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Haven't seen this confirmed by anyone so I hope you're wrong...

Clearly this can't be attributed to "getting rid of bad apples" if it's true however, Uso is a great guy with a great character. For me, this would be evidence that the coaching staff -potentially- isn't in control. While they may have gotten rid of some players in order to improve the program, if a trend starts to develop now with these types of guys leaving it's clear that Bohl is in over his head and can't successfully manage an FBS football program.

I hope that this rumor is either A: false, or B: at worst a single incident that isn't indicative of how this football program is being managed.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If he were to transfer, he can't go to another FBS school to play. He only has 1 year of eligibility left, he would have to either transfer down a division, or call it a career.

Hopefully he stays, guess we'll see.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Attrition pisses me off, as I have said many times before, no matter who the player is. Seems that in the last 15 or so years, it is happening increasingly more often, everywhere (not just Wyoming). A product of the all-me-right-now generation I suppose.

If my son were to do something similar (quit essentially - and not honor his commitment), pretty sure we would be at the hospital having my size 13 removed from his ass. Call me old fashioned I guess.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Check his twitter/IG account! I am a Wyoming fan and yes I want them to succeed, however it seems like they are doing everything they can to NOT succeed! If you guys would rather not hear this stuff just let me know and I will quit posting it. Problem with many is that they do not want to hear what is wrong with the program, they would rather close their eyes and hope it changes. Definition of insanity.....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

This is extremely concerning if true. Definately is not a good sign for the coaching staff. Has Uso graduated? then he could do a graduate transfer but if not it is puzzling.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

https://new.berecruited.com/athletes/52 ... d-to-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This isn't unheard of....I'm actually surprised the % is so high.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote: In regards to who is recruiting who....who cares dude. Brian Hill didn't have a lot of offers and now look. Sounds like you are just trying to hard to bring a negative light to the program.

My question to you is....are you a Wyoming Cowboy fan? If so, why do you want the program to fail. Fans shouldn't give a poop who the coach is...it should always be about the team.

Go Pokes!!
Who cares who is recruiting who? Hill is a diamond in the rough. You can not build a winning FBS football team with FCS recruits. That is why we struggle to win. Sure Brian Hill is a GREAT and could be a very good NFL player, but we have no one else even close to his level. If we had 22 Brian Hill's we would be winning the MWC and it wouldn't be close. We have 1.

Sounds like he is bringing a negative light to the program?
Slowhand has proven many times he is close to the program whether he works for it or just has connections of some sort. He wants Wyo football to succeed. Just because he acknowledges there is a problem in the program doesn't mean he wants to program to fail.

That's an issue so many people on this board seem to not understand.
We can look at where the program is objectively right now but that doesn't mean we hate Wyoming football.

And the coach absolutely matters. It's the face of the program. It IS the program.
Bohl has clearly grabbed some good recruits, but he has also cleary won 6 games in 2 seasons.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Well, here we go...
https://www.instagram.com/p/_HoKUzsFoQ/ ... y=usoolive

Mods: Please feel free to delete this post. 303Cowboy is cooler than me and knows how to show just the picture without the link.
Last edited by cali2wyo on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:Check his twitter/IG account! I am a Wyoming fan and yes I want them to succeed, however it seems like they are doing everything they can to NOT succeed! If you guys would rather not hear this stuff just let me know and I will quit posting it. Problem with many is that they do not want to hear what is wrong with the program, they would rather close their eyes and hope it changes. Definition of insanity.....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!

+1

Some people don't want anything but unicorns and puppies on this board.

I like your posts, especially the ones relating to the team. Don't stop posting.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Here's his instagram.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:If he were to transfer, he can't go to another FBS school to play. He only has 1 year of eligibility left, he would have to either transfer down a division, or call it a career.

Hopefully he stays, guess we'll see.
+1. It doesn't make any sense for Uso to transfer at this point. Why quit on everyone at this point? Finish out strong and get your degree paid for.

I'll believe it when I see it.

edit: damn. I saw it. wtf>?
303cowboy
Cowpoke

On campus taking his last breath of Wyoming air? Dude must have have crazy lung capacity.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:Check his twitter/IG account! I am a Wyoming fan and yes I want them to succeed, however it seems like they are doing everything they can to NOT succeed! If you guys would rather not hear this stuff just let me know and I will quit posting it. Problem with many is that they do not want to hear what is wrong with the program, they would rather close their eyes and hope it changes. Definition of insanity.....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!
No you're good. Thanks. It's just tough for a lot of us to swallow.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: In regards to who is recruiting who....who cares dude. Brian Hill didn't have a lot of offers and now look. Sounds like you are just trying to hard to bring a negative light to the program.

My question to you is....are you a Wyoming Cowboy fan? If so, why do you want the program to fail. Fans shouldn't give a poop who the coach is...it should always be about the team.

Go Pokes!!
Who cares who is recruiting who? Hill is a diamond in the rough. You can not build a winning FBS football team with FCS recruits. That is why we struggle to win. Sure Brian Hill is a GREAT and could be a very good NFL player, but we have no one else even close to his level. If we had 22 Brian Hill's we would be winning the MWC and it wouldn't be close. We have 1.

Are you that dumb Beav? Bohl's recruits are either sophomores (maybe 4 of them). The rest are red shirt freshman or true freshman. We struggled to win because most of DC's guys quit......like Uso just did.

Sounds like he is bringing a negative light to the program?
Slowhand has proven many times he is close to the program whether he works for it or just has connections of some sort. He wants Wyo football to succeed. Just because he acknowledges there is a problem in the program doesn't mean he wants to program to fail.

Negative is when you suggest we shouldn't get excited by our recruits because they don't have a lot of FBS offers.....without seeing how the actually play. I can add because there are more cases of negative comments that I've seen.

That's an issue so many people on this board seem to not understand.
We can look at where the program is objectively right now but that doesn't mean we hate Wyoming football.

You hate Wyoming football......just admit it and move on.

And the coach absolutely matters. It's the face of the program. It IS the program.
Bohl has clearly grabbed some good recruits, but he has also cleary won 6 games in 2 seasons.

Again, with your two year poop. Coach Bohl has brought respect and admiration with him. We get recruits because of what he has done in the past. I have an issue when a so-called fan doesn't like our coach and tries anything he can to make him look bad....including spreading false rumors.
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

I'll predict the next 2 years will be bad the only thing to hope for is the other teams get worse , that will be the way to earn wins the next few .
303cowboy
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:Well, here we go...
https://www.instagram.com/p/_HoKUzsFoQ/ ... y=usoolive

Mods: Please feel free to delete this post. 303Cowboy is cooler than me and knows how to show just the picture without the link.
Ha! got it to work on my 5th attempt.
hithere
Ranch Hand

303cowboy wrote:Here's his instagram.

Didn't he get a Steamboat put on his mother's tombstone or something?? And oh boy, could he really work out.

As far as Olive, I'm hard pressed to think of any other person associated with Cowboy football hyped as much as he was but eventually turning out to be such a disappointment on game day.

Oh yes I can, Craig Bohl.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It's one thing for a freshmen to quit (freaking stupid for not giving it a chance), but a senior-to-be starter and supposed "leader"? This is a whole new level of bull crap. freaking quitter.