Another RB has verballed to Wyoming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Awesome! Welcome to the Pokes. It's a good school if you're an RB
Ronalduw
Buckaroo

So reading between the lines....this means the UT running back will pick Utah State over us....ESPN says this commit runs a 5.1 40 yd. How does this fit where we want to go? I guess slow is good? :?
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Ronalduw wrote:So reading between the lines....this means the UT running back will pick Utah State over us....ESPN says this commit runs a 5.1 40 yd. How does this fit where we want to go? I guess slow is good? :?
If you read his hudl profile it said he ran a 4.7.

And watching his videos he is a power back. He bulldozes defenders! He will be a good back for us.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

More recent highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2773099/hig ... 0030385/v3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

Huddle you can insert your own time ran in the 40 , espn I think takes documented time.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

People were discounting Brian Hill as a recruit because his listed 40 time was too fast and it couldn't possibly be true. Now it's the complete opposite direction on this kid and he's too slow. At some point, it's important to look past the numbers on a sheet of paper and watch what these kids can do with your own two eyes.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
mwc fan
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:People were discounting Brian Hill as a recruit because his listed 40 time was too fast and it couldn't possibly be true. Now it's the complete opposite direction on this kid and he's too slow. At some point, it's important to look past the numbers on a sheet of paper and watch what these kids can do with your own two eyes.
I don't care. A 5.1 is exactly what it is . And a 26 inch vertical to boot. Not extremely athletic and why are these highlights from 2013-2014 some are JV film???
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

mwc fan wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:People were discounting Brian Hill as a recruit because his listed 40 time was too fast and it couldn't possibly be true. Now it's the complete opposite direction on this kid and he's too slow. At some point, it's important to look past the numbers on a sheet of paper and watch what these kids can do with your own two eyes.
I don't care. A 5.1 is exactly what it is . And a 26 inch vertical to boot. Not extremely athletic and why are these highlights from 2013-2014 some are JV film???
4.7 is a slow time for any running back unless he is 250. I think its the last min filling of schoulerships. The fact that he added jv and scrimmage film speaks for itself.
Last edited by Hampshire on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

There are a few things I really like on his highlight tape(jvk posted). His highlights aren't five minutes of him running around the edge for an 80 yard touchdown. He's running between the tackles, making decisive cuts to find a hole, and he's hard to bring down. He looks like a football player instead of a super athlete. Shaun Wick isn't very fast, but he has great vision and runs physically. This offense needs north-south guys more than east-west guys. I think this guy could be a very good workhorse if he gets to 220+ pounds.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I have to take videos with a grain of salt. If we went off straight video highlights, one of the best highlight videos I've seen was Smoody Sutton....and how did that turn :whistle: out?

It is all a crapshoot until they start playing.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Speed is OK, but he makes up for it with his efficient north to south movement and quick feet. He's one of those guys who has good "game speed" despite having a below average 40 time. I can get behind this signing.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Looks like a nice pick-up based on the videos. For the speed, if the 5.1 is correct, almost every defensive player in that division in California runs a 5.2 or slower. He was clearly breaking away from players in the secondary on quite a few occasions. Based on video, I seriously doubt he runs a 5.1.

Welcome to the POKES!!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Got this off ESPN site only found these three backs from Senior year testing in HS.
TESTING RESULTS Shaun wick

40-Yard Dash
20-Yard Shuttle
Vertical Jump

Tesring results Mike Green
40-Yard Dash
20-Yard Shuttle
Vertical Jump
TESTING RESULTS Theo Dawson
40-Yard Dash
20-Yard Shuttle
Vertical Jump
I would add Brian Hill bur he has no official testing results online. Anyways Theo Dawson is a big boy that has similar straight ahead speed as Wick. Mike Green not much boosters but has lateral speed at 4.27 a lot better thenTheo Dawson 4.78 shuttle while Wicks 4.0 shuttle. Is what makes him football fast. Vertical for what's it's worth Theo Dawson and Wick has good hops. Green about 8" less vertical then Theo and Wick. I like Theo Dawson's size and forward speed. He will be tough to take down. And I'm ecstatic about a local wyoming boy running the rock. Or even playing line backer. Wick was a steal, like Hill hopefully Green wasn't just a last minute filler. Redshirt year will benifit the kid.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Looks like a nice pick-up based on the videos. For the speed, if the 5.1 is correct, almost every defensive player in that division in California runs a 5.2 or slower. He was clearly breaking away from players in the secondary on quite a few occasions. Based on video, I seriously doubt he runs a 5.1.

Welcome to the POKES!!
I agree. No way he runs a 5.1 40. He's not lightning quick, but he's not slow.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Looks like a nice pick-up based on the videos. For the speed, if the 5.1 is correct, almost every defensive player in that division in California runs a 5.2 or slower. He was clearly breaking away from players in the secondary on quite a few occasions. Based on video, I seriously doubt he runs a 5.1.

Welcome to the POKES!!
I agree. No way he runs a 5.1 40. He's not lightning quick, but he's not slow.
A lot of times kids just don't know how to run the 40 properl
When I look at his vertical it kind of makes sense that he's not explosive but more elusive if you know what I mean?
y
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

There is fast and there is quick. There are not the same. Fast lets you outrun a defender when you get in the open field. Quick lets you juke around linemen and LB's to get clear. Some are both fast and quick, but not many. I prefer quick.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Adv8RU12 wrote:There is fast and there is quick. There are not the same. Fast lets you outrun a defender when you get in the open field. Quick lets you juke around linemen and LB's to get clear. Some are both fast and quick, but not many. I prefer quick.
Agree, I'll take quick. Make the first man miss and get those extra yards in space. Unfortunately we mostly go up the gut and that doesn't give a player space to make cuts unless the blocks are perfect or a team stacks the box and misses a gap assignment. Hope with Josh Allen he can get players out of the box with his ability to move around the pocket and hit open receivers.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/694219390783361024 I think is a pretty valid statement by a guy who knows what he's doing. So while the numbers may not be great, they aren't everything.