Not a reliable source yet, but Nebraska is trying to poach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:
Hampshire wrote:And now the true wyo fan base shows there colors , if you go to a game you would see it there also , friggen embarrassing here tbh.
WTF is this?
CSewe troll is my guess... :troll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

RedRiverPoke4 wrote:Can we focus on the people who are playing at Wyo next year! :D
Agreed. We should be used to Nebraska's wandering eye by now...between coaches, players and water, they can't get enough of what we have. Things always seem to turn out for us though. This kid would have been a good get, but it wasn't meant to be. So be it.
RedRiverPoke4
Buckaroo

This ^^^^ +100000
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
Hampshire wrote:And now the true wyo fan base shows there colors , if you go to a game you would see it there also , friggen embarrassing here tbh.
WTF is this?
Or a BYU twerp. Did I mention I FRINKING HATE BYU????!!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
WTF is this?
Or a BYU twerp. Did I mention I FRINKING HATE BYU????!!!! :tickedoff:
Now we're talking. BYU hate is a great thing. Turns even the darkest day bright.

Well done. I am happy now! Cheap shot artist sonsabitches anyway.

My favorite piece of clothing is my BYU f-shirt.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

J-Rod wrote:This Nebraska coverage is funny. Now this kid is some stud. He was just some bum headed for Wyoming before, but now that he is red he's going to be amazing.
Have you ever met a Husker fan? As someone who went to college in that state I can tell you, a more delusional and idiotic fan base, you will not find.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
J-Rod wrote:This Nebraska coverage is funny. Now this kid is some stud. He was just some bum headed for Wyoming before, but now that he is red he's going to be amazing.
Have you ever met a Husker fan? As someone who went to college in that state I can tell you, a more delusional and idiotic fan base, you will not find.

I'll take your word for that, SDPF, and that's disappointing. It's funny, because the preeminent columnist in the state (sports) is Steve Sipple, from the Lincoln Star-Journal. He's been on my show many times, and seems as level-headed as anyone I can remember.
Last edited by Yabadabadoo on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Yabadabadoo wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Hope he enjoys getting his head kicked in by Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa every year.
Hope he gets to see what he's missing when we kick their heads in this coming season.
Sorry friend, that won't happen.
Don't be so sure there, Red, we almost beat you a few years ago in Lincoln. Go ahead, take us for granted. We enjoy that.
I'm all for backing our team, and I'm upset about this flip as well, but let's pump the brakes on predicting wins over Nebraska. We got crushed by Eastern flipping Michigan four months ago.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote:I love Nebraska hasn't done anything in the last decade and still their fans have this delusions of grandeur...with these expectations and impossible self-image that they are a Nick Saban coached Alabama team....deserving a National Title every year when they constantly get railed by the big boys in which ever conference they're in...year in and year out.

Oh and Jay Norvwell??! come on man...gtfo of here
We can't criticize this guy for living in the past with the Huskers (which all their fans do, FYI) and then point to Jay Novacek as how Wyoming tight ends are great. That was 30 years and 15 coaches ago, men.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:
I have a buddy that is an Iowa fan...and he passed this along to me. Even my Nebraska kin had to laugh and admit how close this little video hit to home.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOr8eLwwgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

:popcorn: :eek: :?

... Wow.. Just, wow.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

DWarner wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:[quote="DWarner"]Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

Good Luck on signing day!
1. Yeah, like 6 hours after being recruited for six months by Wyoming.

2. Barf
3. the kid coulda been a legend at Wyoming like Jay Novacek, Dabby Dawson, Randy Welniak,, etc...

4. At Nebraska, all he'll be is just an afterthought.
I don't know who any of those players are? Did they win any major awards?

Coach Riley and Coach Tavita Thompson told David the sky was the limit for him. Especially since they use their TEs better than Wyoming.

Did you just ask if Jay Novacek won any major awards with a straight face?
Well, he didn't play in a Power 5 conference, so I don't know if he was really any good.
College Football Hall of Famer, Five time Pro Bowler, three-time Super Bowl champion Jay Novacek?
Jesus. Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jay+Novacek
OH, that Jay Novacek. I thought you said Jay Norvwell. My bad.
Yeah, someone that didn't back out on his word. Don't worry Englehaupt will be an afterthought for Wyoming and Nebraska fans in a couple months.
But I thought Wyoming thought he could be the next great one at Wyoming? I think David will shine at Nebraska, as he would've at Wyoming. But it's not like there was some mysterious bagman that gave David a bunch of money to commit to another school. He just chose the better football school.[/quote]
Meh. :coffee:

The reason Nebraska Football was invented was to make folks in Nebraska feel better about themselves. The reason Nebraska was invented was to make Kansans feel better about themselves.

Hope he and Riley get along...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory