Not a reliable source yet, but Nebraska is trying to poach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

So, if you had accepted an offer to idaho state and then wyoming - your long-life favorite team - comes comes in and offers - you wouldn't take it? Please. I don't blame these kids for changing their minds. It's the only time in their college career that they're going to have any leverage. After they sign the LOIs, the schools - and especially the coaches - have all the leverage. Do i wish he had stayed? Hell yeah. But im more upset about losing the dt to unlv.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

evilpoke wrote:So, if you had accepted an offer to idaho state and then wyoming - your long-life favorite team - comes comes in and offers - you wouldn't take it? Please. I don't blame these kids for changing their minds. It's the only time in their college career that they're going to have any leverage. After they sign the LOIs, the schools - and especially the coaches - have all the leverage. Do i wish he had stayed? Hell yeah. But im more upset about losing the dt to unlv.
At least the DT thanked Wyoming for the offer unlike this jackass.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I'd expect chandler to be gone too if osu and ou called but we can still be pissed off that we lost him
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:I'd expect chandler to be gone too if osu and ou called but we can still be pissed off that we lost him
I think they did come calling late, actually. And came calling to Jace Webb, too. Those guys' word actually means something.
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

We do the same things to the players ... we tell them if they work hard and make a difference they will earn a scholarship, instead they can and will be told there services are not needed . The way I see it it's the same thing. It's not a game anymore it's a business between the players and the program and I'll assume that both parties will treat it as such. Shoot without players the program isn't going to succeed and with out the program they won't , goes both ways all day long.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

I get that the kid flipped, Nebraska is his dream school. What I despise is the glee that Nebraska fans seem to exude at the thought of screwing Bohl and Wyoming. So much for the classiest fans in the country.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This Nebraska coverage is funny. Now this kid is some stud. He was just some bum headed for Wyoming before, but now that he is red he's going to be amazing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

If I was a Nebraska fan, I'd be disappointed that we stole a Wyoming recruit instead of from our rivals
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Sucks that this kid wasted so much of our time. Held an offer for him all this time and screws us at the end. Guess all the time and relationships with the coaches and other recruits meant nothing. Man, one phone call from big red is all it took. This one bothers me more than any of the others for some reason and 'm not sure why .
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

And Nebraska just picked up a top100 recruit.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:Sucks that this kid wasted so much of our time. Held an offer for him all this time and screws us at the end. Guess all the time and relationships with the coaches and other recruits meant nothing. Man, one phone call from big red is all it took. This one bothers me more than any of the others for some reason and 'm not sure why .
I feel the same way. The other two don't really bother me. He committed in July and jumps on last day.
W-Y, Until I Die!
52mo
Buckaroo

TE Chase Allen from Missouri picked Iowa St. over NU and Michigan couple days ago so guessing Engelhaupt was next target.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Lamar Jackson has all the Nebraska fans saying, "David who?"
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote:Lamar Jackson has all the Nebraska fans saying, "David who?"
No joke. Englehaupt could have been something here. arrghhhhh
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

LawPoke wrote:I get that the kid flipped, Nebraska is his dream school. What I despise is the glee that Nebraska fans seem to exude at the thought of screwing Bohl and Wyoming. So much for the classiest fans in the country.
Personally, I think Nebraska fans being some of the classiest in the country is overrated. Go watch the 30 for 30 on CU football and see what they had to say about Nebraska fans. Absolutely despised them.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:
LawPoke wrote:I get that the kid flipped, Nebraska is his dream school. What I despise is the glee that Nebraska fans seem to exude at the thought of screwing Bohl and Wyoming. So much for the classiest fans in the country.
Personally, I think Nebraska fans being some of the classiest in the country is overrated. Go watch the 30 for 30 on CU football and see what they had to say about Nebraska fans. Absolutely despised them.
I agree. I was raised a Nebraska fan...but I really struggle with them today. pretty arrogant bunch for not having won anything since 1997.
DWarner
Buckaroo

Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

Good Luck on signing day!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DWarner wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

1. Yeah, like 6 hours after being recruited for six months by Wyoming.

2. Barf
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Flipped like it was nothing.

Really shows the level of commitment for someone who was committed since July 4....

At least the Oklahoma boys stick to their word.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

LanderPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:Hey guys,

1. Yeah, like 6 hours after being recruited for six months by Wyoming.

2. Barf
3. the kid coulda been a legend at Wyoming like Jay Novacek, Dabby Dawson, Randy Welniak,, etc...

4. At Nebraska, all he'll be is just an afterthought.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!