Not a reliable source yet, but Nebraska is trying to poach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

We lose our best recruit and some douche come on here to troll us. Fantastic
Cowduck
Cowpoke

DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

Good Luck on signing day!
1. Yeah, like 6 hours after being recruited for six months by Wyoming.

2. Barf
3. the kid coulda been a legend at Wyoming like Jay Novacek, Dabby Dawson, Randy Welniak,, etc...

4. At Nebraska, all he'll be is just an afterthought.
I don't know who any of those players are? Did they win any major awards?

Coach Riley and Coach Tavita Thompson told David the sky was the limit for him. Especially since they use their TEs better than Wyoming.

Did you just ask if Jay Novacek won any major awards with a straight face?
Well, he didn't play in a Power 5 conference, so I don't know if he was really any good.
College Football Hall of Famer, Five time Pro Bowler, three-time Super Bowl champion Jay Novacek?
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

From Nebraska who also had a late offer from Nebraska? Never heard of him.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

DWarner wrote:Well, he didn't play in a Power 5 conference, so I don't know if he was really any good.
Do you know anything about football?
ImageImageImageImage
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

2. Barf
3. the kid coulda been a legend at Wyoming like Jay Novacek, Dabby Dawson, Randy Welniak,, etc...

Coach Riley and Coach Tavita Thompson told David the sky was the limit for him. Especially since they use their TEs better than Wyoming.

Well, he didn't play in a Power 5 conference, so I don't know if he was really any good.
College Football Hall of Famer, Five time Pro Bowler, three-time Super Bowl champion Jay Novacek?
Jesus. Here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jay+Novacek
DWarner
Buckaroo

WestWYOPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf
Well, to be fair to David, 6 hours is a long time for a high school kid these days.

But I can assure you it was a really tough decision because of being recruited by Wyoming for so long. But come on...it's Nebraska. That's something you just don't say no to, especially living in Nebraska amongst the best fans in all of the land. I'm just glad now I can say I helped coach a Division 1 player who plays for Nebraska.
This is why I hate Nebraska and their fans. I'm all for you cheering and rooting for your team, but this mindset that Nebraska is the penultimate in college football; take that poop back to 1995. And best fans in the land??? Ha, try most delusional fans. This is the same fanbase that got Bo Pelini fired. 20 years from now Nebraska fans are going to look back and realize he was the best coach they have had since Tom Osborne, and they ran him out of town.

I have no beef with a kid choosing to go to his dream school, I'd do the same thing. But don't come on to this board and act incredulous towards us because "come on...it's Nebraska"...F*&# off.
You're obviously not the best Wyoming fan in the land, but come on. Bo was a belitting a$$hole...if you think we'll look back on Bo as being the best coach we had in 20 years...well, that guy probably doesn't know a hill of beans about football. I've coached football, and I can assure you, Bo was bad for Nebraska.
DWarner
Buckaroo

PokeOLoco wrote:Listen man, it's both fair for both David to be excited about a Nebraska offer and for us to be pissed about it. He would have been a bigger fish in a smaller pound, and not all bigger pounds are better ponds. Now is probably not the time to come on here and hope to read nice things. Our coaches believed he could be a difference maker in the program since last summer, and Nebraska told him the same two days before signing day. It is what it is, I hope he gets what he's looking for out of his time in Lincoln.

GO POKES!
Thank you for the kind words.
DWarner
Buckaroo

Cowduck wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

OH, that Jay Novacek. I thought you said Jay Norvwell. My bad.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

DWarner wrote:

Last edited by Cowduck on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

Yeah, someone that didn't back out on his word. Don't worry Englehaupt will be an afterthought for Wyoming and Nebraska fans in a couple months.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Hope he enjoys getting his head kicked in by Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa every year.
Hope he gets to see what he's missing when we kick their heads in this coming season.
DWarner
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

Yeah, someone that didn't back out on his word. Don't worry Englehaupt will be an afterthought for Wyoming and Nebraska fans in a couple months.
But I thought Wyoming thought he could be the next great one at Wyoming? I think David will shine at Nebraska, as he would've at Wyoming. But it's not like there was some mysterious bagman that gave David a bunch of money to commit to another school. He just chose the better football school.
DWarner
Buckaroo

Yabadabadoo wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Hope he enjoys getting his head kicked in by Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa every year.
Hope he gets to see what he's missing when we kick their heads in this coming season.
Sorry friend, that won't happen.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Whatever. His 'dream school'. Out of sight, out of mind. David, who?
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
Don't be so sure there, Red, we almost beat you a few years ago in Lincoln. Go ahead, take us for granted. We enjoy that.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DWarner wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:[quote="DWarner"]Hey guys,

2. Barf

But I thought Wyoming thought he could be the next great one at Wyoming? I think David will shine at Nebraska, as he would've at Wyoming. But it's not like there was some mysterious bagman that gave David a bunch of money to commit to another school. He just chose the better football school.[/quote]We shall see how his career turns out, but there's probably always going to be someone a little better at Nebraska. Just the facts. He was pretty far down on their list and NU got desperate. They'll probably sign some stud next year that will bury him on the depth chart. There's no one like that at Wyoming fyi
DWarner
Buckaroo

Yabadabadoo wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
Don't be so sure there, Red, we almost beat you a few years ago in Lincoln. Go ahead, take us for granted. We enjoy that.
But that was when we had a bipolar idiot as our head coach who didn't even prepare for you guys.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Cowduck wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

2. Barf

Yep! He did.

Novacek went on to play for the Cardinals and the Dallas Cowboys and was a major reason for the pro Pokes winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I love Nebraska hasn't done anything in the last decade and still their fans have this delusions of grandeur...with these expectations and impossible self-image that they are a Nick Saban coached Alabama team....deserving a National Title every year when they constantly get railed by the big boys in which ever conference they're in...year in and year out.

Oh and Jay Norvwell??! come on man...gtfo of here
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
This is the arrogance of Nebraska fans that I hate. I remember three years ago when I was told they were going to beat us by 5 touchdowns and Nebraska got outplayed that game and Wyoming should've won. Not knowing who Jay Novacek is another arrogant example of a Nebraska fan. Best Saturdays of football season is when Nebraska loses and the state is going to explode.
Last edited by NebraskaCowboy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.