Not a reliable source yet, but Nebraska is trying to poach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

DWarner wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Hope he enjoys getting his head kicked in by Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa every year.
Hope he gets to see what he's missing when we kick their heads in this coming season.
Sorry friend, that won't happen.
This is the arrogance of Nebraska fans that I hate. I remember three years ago when I was told they were going to beat us by 5 touchdowns and Nebraska got outplayed that game and Wyoming should've won. Not knowing who Jay Novacek is another arrogant example of a Nebraska fan. Best Saturdays of football season is when Nebraska loses and the state is going to explode.
So you're saying you're a bigger Nebraska hater fan than an actual Wyoming fan. Prayers friend. Don't let the hate consume you.
I live and die with Wyoming football and accept that we aren't always the best. Nebraska fans haven't yet.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

DWarner wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
DWarner wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to extend this olive branch to the great Wyoming fan base. David is my kin through marriage, and I've had the privilege of working with David in youth football. He's been a great kid and athlete from a very young age and has worked hard to get where he's at. With that said, knowing him the way I do, I know that he truly appreciates the fans of Wyoming and the coaching staff for giving him the opportunity to compete at War Memorial. The timing isn't great and I know he feels bad, the decision was extremely hard on him and he took A LOT of time to think on it, but ultimately, Nebraska is his dream school. I always knew coaching him in pee wee football he'd be playing for the mighty Big Red.

Good Luck on signing day!
You can stick the olive branch right up your conceited ass. Maybe you and your kin should learn that you are only as good as your word. Guess we know how great David will be......

Just because David committed elsewhere, you now automatically know how great he would be. That seems silly.
you are only as good as your word
RedRiverPoke4
Buckaroo

I believe when a recruit falls out it is only opening up a spot for a kid who really wants to be here or may be a Brian Hill type to blow us all away!

Go Pokes.
DWarner
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote:David went from a top 3 recruit on a team to the bottom 2. Hope he likes special teams. Funny how the Lamar commitment virtually buried any mention of David. Get used to it. But he's playing for dream school. Congrats. We don't need you here defending his decision. We can be pissed about it if we want to.
You have every right to be upset, but some of it is spiteful. It's not like David lied to the coaches about taking visits or took money or something. If he did something like that, I would understand, but he's a classy kid.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:
DWarner wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Hope he enjoys getting his head kicked in by Michigan, Ohio State, and Iowa every year.
Hope he gets to see what he's missing when we kick their heads in this coming season.
This is the arrogance of Nebraska fans that I hate. I remember three years ago when I was told they were going to beat us by 5 touchdowns and Nebraska got outplayed that game and Wyoming should've won. Not knowing who Jay Novacek is another arrogant example of a Nebraska fan. Best Saturdays of football season is when Nebraska loses and the state is going to explode.
So you're saying you're a bigger Nebraska hater fan than an actual Wyoming fan. Prayers friend. Don't let the hate consume you.
I live and die with Wyoming football and accept that we aren't always the best. Nebraska fans haven't yet.
Zing!
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Wish the kid stayed a POKE, but come on guys. If Bohl pulled an offer last minute, would you run him up a flag pole or say it is just business?

It is a two way street.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
RedRiverPoke4
Buckaroo

Can we focus on the people who are playing at Wyo next year! :D
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Hampshire wrote:And now the true wyo fan base shows there colors , if you go to a game you would see it there also , friggen embarrassing here tbh.
do us all a favor and stop posting
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
PokeOLoco wrote:
Hampshire wrote:And now the true wyo fan base shows there colors , if you go to a game you would see it there also , friggen embarrassing here tbh.
Nobody is classier than the Bizon right?
Sheep, I think he is a sheep.
Jesus...this escalated quickly! Not sure about Hampshire, other than he is not a Wyoming fan, and some here continually feed him the attention he is seeking.

I other words... :troll:

Anyway, as far as the 18 year old flipping his commitment, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a poop (well, other than it is to f-word knebraska)! Hell, he could blow a knee in practice this summer and never amount to anything for them.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

WTF is this?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:
WTF is this?
CSewe troll is my guess... :troll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

RedRiverPoke4 wrote:Can we focus on the people who are playing at Wyo next year! :D
Agreed. We should be used to Nebraska's wandering eye by now...between coaches, players and water, they can't get enough of what we have. Things always seem to turn out for us though. This kid would have been a good get, but it wasn't meant to be. So be it.
RedRiverPoke4
Buckaroo

This ^^^^ +100000
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
WTF is this?
Or a BYU twerp. Did I mention I FRINKING HATE BYU????!!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
WTF is this?
Or a BYU twerp. Did I mention I FRINKING HATE BYU????!!!! :tickedoff:
Now we're talking. BYU hate is a great thing. Turns even the darkest day bright.

Well done. I am happy now! Cheap shot artist sonsabitches anyway.

My favorite piece of clothing is my BYU f-shirt.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

J-Rod wrote:This Nebraska coverage is funny. Now this kid is some stud. He was just some bum headed for Wyoming before, but now that he is red he's going to be amazing.
Have you ever met a Husker fan? As someone who went to college in that state I can tell you, a more delusional and idiotic fan base, you will not find.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
J-Rod wrote:This Nebraska coverage is funny. Now this kid is some stud. He was just some bum headed for Wyoming before, but now that he is red he's going to be amazing.
Have you ever met a Husker fan? As someone who went to college in that state I can tell you, a more delusional and idiotic fan base, you will not find.

I'll take your word for that, SDPF, and that's disappointing. It's funny, because the preeminent columnist in the state (sports) is Steve Sipple, from the Lincoln Star-Journal. He's been on my show many times, and seems as level-headed as anyone I can remember.
Last edited by Yabadabadoo on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Yabadabadoo wrote:
DWarner wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:
Don't be so sure there, Red, we almost beat you a few years ago in Lincoln. Go ahead, take us for granted. We enjoy that.
I'm all for backing our team, and I'm upset about this flip as well, but let's pump the brakes on predicting wins over Nebraska. We got crushed by Eastern flipping Michigan four months ago.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote:I love Nebraska hasn't done anything in the last decade and still their fans have this delusions of grandeur...with these expectations and impossible self-image that they are a Nick Saban coached Alabama team....deserving a National Title every year when they constantly get railed by the big boys in which ever conference they're in...year in and year out.

Oh and Jay Norvwell??! come on man...gtfo of here
We can't criticize this guy for living in the past with the Huskers (which all their fans do, FYI) and then point to Jay Novacek as how Wyoming tight ends are great. That was 30 years and 15 coaches ago, men.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:
I have a buddy that is an Iowa fan...and he passed this along to me. Even my Nebraska kin had to laugh and admit how close this little video hit to home.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOr8eLwwgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;