I know this has been mentioned before...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Wyovanian wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote: So, based on that logic, anyone attending a university on any kind of scholarship shouldn't be allowed to parlay the development of their talent into a paycheck from any kind of private industry until they, what, join the Peace Corps?
I get your point and certainly is a good one. However, there is a clear difference, imo, between an industry that utilizes college graduates based on academic merits. Perhaps some similarities could be drawn between music, theatre, or other entertainment degrees and athletics. I wonder though, how often do those industries pluck talent before they graduate? Perhaps more importantly how often are academic concessions employed to fill those scholarships?

The NFL is an industry built on college dropouts. The NFL has no academic standard and is based almost solely on athletic ability. Couple that with the fact that the average career in the NFL is 4 years and it is my opinion that the Universities running minor league NFL may not be in the best interest of the Universities' mission or the taxpayers who support them.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:DINO, do you think it is realistic to assume WYO has a legitimate chance to ever reach the playoff (assuming of course the system stays the same)?
Did Utah think they had a chance at multiple undefeated seasons and Top Bowl games in the 90's? You strive for the better. Not just say. "Meh, we are who we are."
I'm pretty sure Boise as a Non d1 school in the 90's didn't think they'd have the success that they have had as a young program. But they strove for it. And both those programs got it.
We need to strive for it too.
If we strive for it, the answer is yes, maybe one day we will make the playoff.
But right now we need to strive for firm footing to begin that quest.

Keep reading and you might catch the point.
Don't need to. You were the second post on here. Your post is the initial thought process.
You rarely are interested in comprehension. Keep reading and you can catch up if you like otherwise please continue with totally irrelevant posts.
Well, I just got off and was finally able to read the whole thing... My post still stands. The only other topic is splitting p5/G5...

So back to it. We need to gain a firm footing and strive for relevance...

Recruiting these days is dirty and broken. The commiting and decomitting, the trying to steal a recruit once he's committed. It's all BULL.
One we don't teach these guys what a true commitment is. And that stands for commitment in anything in life. Back in the day, you made a commitment and stuck with it through the the recruiting process aswell as your school career. Now we worry about transfers and decommitments. All we teach is that their word means poop. And once in the real world you have to deal with these people who are wishy washy and their word means poop. No G5 program will survive, just based on what I wrote above. Players will leave G5 for P5 if they come calling for them during recruiting, even if he gave his commitment to another program, now leaving that program which had him locked from the start, reeling in the end. Our transfers...
Whenever we have a good player, they see they are good enough and transfer to another P5 school, leaving us reeling for talent, and depth. It's something that really needs to be looked at.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

phxpoke wrote:
Hampshire wrote:
wyokoke wrote:When are we gonna learn to stop feeding the trolls? If nobody ever responds to him, he'll go away
I'm no more of a troll then you are , sorry though to have to say it . Unless telling it straight up is considered being a troll . ???
Hampshire's grammar and diction makes Packer Poke look like William Shakespeare...
And that's saying a lot. :rofl: Jesus, she was horrible!!!! :roll: She had to be drunk when she posted on GWG.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
Well, I just got off and was finally able to read the whole thing... My post still stands. The only other topic is splitting p5/G5...

Recruiting these days is dirty and broken. The commiting and decomitting, the trying to steal a recruit once he's committed. It's all BULL.
One we don't teach these guys what a true commitment is. And that stands for commitment in anything in life. Back in the day, you made a commitment and stuck with it through the the recruiting process aswell as your school career. Now we worry about transfers and decommitments. All we teach is that their word means poop. And once in the real world you have to deal with these people who are wishy washy and their word means poop. No G5 program will survive, just based on what I wrote above. Players will leave G5 for P5 if they come calling for them during recruiting, even if he gave his commitment to another program, now leaving that program which had him locked from the start, reeling in the end. Our transfers...
Whenever we have a good player, they see they are good enough and transfer to another P5 school, leaving us reeling for talent, and depth. It's something that really needs to be looked at.
I don't disagree with anything in this post. My original post was aimed at the fact that a G5 will never have access to the playoff which partly establishes the current separation in FBS. (Note: I also understand that in theory there could be a 1 in 1 billion chance or something).

To me, the label the cartel and their minions (i.e. the media) have bestowed on us is the criminal. Everything else simply stems from that label. Like an illness with many symptoms. The recruiting and such are mere symptoms of the underlying pathology infecting CFB.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:DINO, do you think it is realistic to assume WYO has a legitimate chance to ever reach the playoff (assuming of course the system stays the same)?
Did Utah think they had a chance at multiple undefeated seasons and Top Bowl games in the 90's? You strive for the better. Not just say. "Meh, we are who we are."
I'm pretty sure Boise as a Non d1 school in the 90's didn't think they'd have the success that they have had as a young program. But they strove for it. And both those programs got it.
We need to strive for it too.
If we strive for it, the answer is yes, maybe one day we will make the playoff.
But right now we need to strive for firm footing to begin that quest.

Keep reading and you might catch the point.
Don't need to. You were the second post on here. Your post is the initial thought process.
You rarely are interested in comprehension. Keep reading and you can catch up if you like otherwise please continue with totally irrelevant posts.

Very well said.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:
Very well said.
What about a school backing out of a commitment. BULL or Peaches?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

kansasCowboy wrote: Recruiting these days is dirty and broken. The commiting and decomitting, the trying to steal a recruit once he's committed. It's all BULL.
To be fair, if you were job hunting and got an offer for $75k base, and then the day before you sign on, another company offers you $100k base where work load is pretty much the same, are you not going to take the second one?

These days staying committed and loyal to your workplace is quite likely to screw you over big time. If you want to advance your career, it's better to move to new work places rather than hope for the promotions and raises that are minuscule compared to what your company now hires junior employees for.

That said... I've worked at the same place for almost 7 years now.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

With that being said, wouldn't you be pissed off if said company called you the day before and told you that there is no job?

It might be the way it is, but we don't have to like it. If Wyoming had pulled an offer, David's family or whoever that was would've still been here talking poop about Wyoming and David probably would have been on Twitter talking about it.
W-Y, Until I Die!