Signing day is here, Wyo Football has your info

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

Coach Bohl, it's cool you use this message board, but you can do better than Wiley Wapiti as a user name! :lol:[/quote]

SDpoke, this is the exact response I would expect out of you, and Beaver. Always the loudest and first to bitch, but never have any idea what you are talking about. Please share your expert ideas on how to fix our football program. Im all ears.... :popcorn:
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

Personally, I agree 110% with LanderPoke. This class has some pretty good top end guys that aren't getting the respect they deserve. I saw where Chandler Garrett had Memphis and Rutgers wanting him, Dustin Weeks had Wisconsin wanting him, and Jace Webb had Oklahoma State after him and those are the only ones that got mentioned. I would almost bet on it that the talent in this class is deeper than a lot of you expect and that you are just looking for something to whine about. I remember two signing days ago I was going through high school recruits hudl films and thought "Brian Hill is going to be a stud" before he played a day as a Cowboy. The other thing that stood out is Bohl made the comment about how redshirting guys avoids their least productive year as a freshman and gives them their most as a 5th year senior. So a lot of you should stop checking recruiting rankings, go watch the film yourself, and relax. And if that is too much work, take your whining somewhere else.[/quote]

AMEN!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

wiley wapiti wrote:Personally, I agree 110% with LanderPoke. This class has some pretty good top end guys that aren't getting the respect they deserve. I saw where Chandler Garrett had Memphis and Rutgers wanting him, Dustin Weeks had Wisconsin wanting him, and Jace Webb had Oklahoma State after him and those are the only ones that got mentioned. I would almost bet on it that the talent in this class is deeper than a lot of you expect and that you are just looking for something to whine about. I remember two signing days ago I was going through high school recruits hudl films and thought "Brian Hill is going to be a stud" before he played a day as a Cowboy. The other thing that stood out is Bohl made the comment about how redshirting guys avoids their least productive year as a freshman and gives them their most as a 5th year senior. So a lot of you should stop checking recruiting rankings, go watch the film yourself, and relax. And if that is too much work, take your whining somewhere else.

AMEN!!!![/quote]

I think that was NebraskaCowboy that made this statement, and I agree with it.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

A little basic math for the conversation.

Typical travel team = 64 to 72 guys depending on conference rules and such.

Typical recruiting class 20-25.

That means 3 recruiting classes just to fill the traveling squad roster with guys for the new system.

Success (7-8+ wins) in year 4 is a reasonable goal (you have 80-100 guys to choose 64-72 from; still are using some young guys). That is why it takes a good 5+ years for conference championships. It really takes that long to fill a roster and especially a traveling roster with guys for the system.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

If you remember, coach B said that Nebraska had been successful because they developed a solid walk on program. Found many great players that way.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Is there a place to watch the signing day presser? I've looked around and haven't found anything
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

laxwyo wrote:Is there a place to watch the signing day presser? I've looked around and haven't found anything
http://www.gowyo.com/signingday/#press" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Thanks boss
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

wiley wapiti wrote:Coach Bohl, it's cool you use this message board, but you can do better than Wiley Wapiti as a user name! :lol:

SDpoke, this is the exact response I would expect out of you, and Beaver. Always the loudest and first to bitch, but never have any idea what you are talking about. Please share your expert ideas on how to fix our football program. Im all ears.... :popcorn:[/quote]
The solution is three letters; FCS.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
wiley wapiti wrote:Coach Bohl, it's cool you use this message board, but you can do better than Wiley Wapiti as a user name! :lol:

SDpoke, this is the exact response I would expect out of you, and Beaver. Always the loudest and first to bitch, but never have any idea what you are talking about. Please share your expert ideas on how to fix our football program. Im all ears.... :popcorn:
The solution is three letters; FCS.[/quote]
Stop. Your retard FCS schtick is old. It's been debunked so many times.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

SDPokeFan wrote:

The solution is three letters; FCS.[/quote]

Solution for you....go live on the Jackrabbit forums if you want to be FCS so bad. They would love to have your backwards thinking.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Well then what do you say about the likes of Carson Wentz? The dude had 0 stars, went to North Dakota State, and is going to be a top 5 pick in the draft? The thing is, there is more talent out there now than ever and not every big school is going to find them, leaving this way to rank recruits as flawed. There is a reason they play the game instead of doing it as a ranking of stars. I mean if you need more evidence, go look at this. http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ng-ratings
9 of 44 (20%) of those starters in SB50 were from G5 or < schools. The rest, 35, were from P5 schools. I found that more telling than ranking recruits with stars, bells, stickers, and such.

The true ranking of a recruiting class, IMO, is only clear after 2 to 3 years in the program (RS Sophmore or Junior status).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Well then what do you say about the likes of Carson Wentz? The dude had 0 stars, went to North Dakota State, and is going to be a top 5 pick in the draft? The thing is, there is more talent out there now than ever and not every big school is going to find them, leaving this way to rank recruits as flawed. There is a reason they play the game instead of doing it as a ranking of stars. I mean if you need more evidence, go look at this. http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ng-ratings
9 of 44 (20%) of those starters in SB50 were from G5 or < schools. The rest, 35, were from P5 schools. I found that more telling than ranking recruits with stars, bells, stickers, and such.

The true ranking of a recruiting class, IMO, is only clear after 2 to 3 years in the program (RS Sophmore or Junior status).
This!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Disclaimer: I'm good with Bohl and his classes. More than willing and excited to see this through 4 years. Just as the proof is in the pudding in recruiting classes in 2-3 years, a coaching staff can be clearly evaluated by year 4.

With that said and if I had time, it would be interesting to go back and look at some of the G5 builds. I listed a ton that were successful by year 4 where the programs were floundering before.

I wonder how recruiting rankings averaged, say 3 years before the new coach, and then how they averaged for the first 4 years of the new staff...maybe if I get some time.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm willing to give Bohl another couple of years if we see some improvement in the W column this fall.