WALKON SUMMARY

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Riley Sessions 5'11" 185 LB
Isaac Leppke 6'4" 185 QB
Nathan Willis 6"1" 190 LB
Taylor Rouse 6'2" 195 DL
Nick Wilson 5'11" 170 WR
Zach Thatcher 6'5" 280 OL
Shane Henderson 6' 295 DL
Paul Lomanto 6'1" 185 RB
Zach Holm 6' 215 DB
Ayden Eberhardt 6'2" 175 WR
Max Frank 6' 290 OL
Logan Paulsen 6'4" 220 TE
Kendall Dickson 6'4" 228 DE
Josh Calvert 6' 218 LB
Jeff Burroughs 6'1" 230 FB
Justis Borton 6'2" 245 DL
Dylan Albrandt 6'4" 194 LB
Dontae Crow 5'9" 175 ATH
Laitham Johnson 6'5" 240 OL

Seth Cottengim 6-0/210 LS
Skyler Miller 5-11/190 LB
Noah Hammontree 5-10/205 LS f
Christopher Steffey 6-5/283 OL

summary
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

Good luck to all of them. May their hard work pay off !
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Anyone here big into Wyoming preps and give us the low down on the Wyoming kids walking on? What kind of talent do each have?
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

thanx for the summary, may we hope things workout for them all
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Don't know much about the preps, but I did listen to the 4a state championship game in Laramie. Dontae Crow from Sheridan dominated that game fro the WR position and I think he was Sheridan's kicker too. Seems to be fast for a Wy kid.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Indeed. Good luck to all the walk-ons!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

I am going to tell you all something - which some of you already know...

Being a walk on at a D1 FBS program, is extremely difficult. EXTREMELY. That is why, when a walk on makes it, it is a huge accomplishment, and should be (and is) massively celebrated.

If 25% of these kids make it 2 years in the program as walk-on's, it will be nothing short of a miracle. I wish them all the absolute best, and hope to see them all in brown and gold, come fall of 2018!!!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote:Don't know much about the preps, but I did listen to the 4a state championship game in Laramie. Dontae Crow from Sheridan dominated that game fro the WR position and I think he was Sheridan's kicker too. Seems to be fast for a Wy kid.
Yeah - I listened to a few of those games. His name was called on the radio on offense, defense, and special teams. Fast kid! I hope they find a spot for him on the team.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

McPeachy wrote:I am going to tell you all something - which some of you already know...

Being a walk on at a D1 FBS program, is extremely difficult. EXTREMELY. That is why, when a walk on makes it, it is a huge accomplishment, and should be (and is) massively celebrated.

If 25% of these kids make it 2 years in the program as walk-on's, it will be nothing short of a miracle. I wish them all the absolute best, and hope to see them all in brown and gold, come fall of 2018!!!
HERE HERE

Fun story, two Montana boys from a class A and AA school walked on to the Griz program.. both started at special teams, worked their ways into starting roles.. became All-Big Sky picks.. now both are in the NFL. Walk-ons can become some of the most productive players in your program and they play with a chip on their shoulder and work their ass off to become scholarship players. Their work ethic shows when they get -any- playing time.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

marcuswyo wrote:Don't know much about the preps, but I did listen to the 4a state championship game in Laramie. Dontae Crow from Sheridan dominated that game fro the WR position and I think he was Sheridan's kicker too. Seems to be fast for a Wy kid.
I saw him play. He, a small receiver from Gillette, and Gillette's QB stood out to me as the best players. Crow's quick, got good hands and doesn't go down easy
oumatt
Buckaroo

Wyoming just snagged another All State player from Oklahoma. The pipeline is flowing strong to Laramie.
http://newsok.com/article/5474673
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1454023/chad-stephens
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Some of the coolest videos on youtube are when a walk on is told they are putting him on scholarship. I can't remember what school it was, but there's one where the team is practicing onside kicks. The ball had a paper rubber banded to hit. The kicker kicked it to a kid on the receiving side of the ball. The coach asks what the hell is on the ball and the kid opens it to find that it's his scholarship notice.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

oumatt wrote:Wyoming just snagged another All State player from Oklahoma. The pipeline is flowing strong to Laramie.
His hudl has him as all state k/p but his hudl is a LB? I'm guessing he's walking on as a punter?
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

laxwyo wrote:
oumatt wrote:Wyoming just snagged another All State player from Oklahoma. The pipeline is flowing strong to Laramie.
His hudl has him as all state k/p but his hudl is a LB? I'm guessing he's walking on as a punter?
Played P and LB in HS.. will be a punter for UW hoping to replace Wood when he graduates.
ImageImageImageImage
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:
4.6 speed as a punter... Can you say, PUNT FAKES!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I am going to tell you all something - which some of you already know...

HERE HERE

Fun story, two Montana boys from a class A and AA school walked on to the Griz program.. both started at special teams, worked their ways into starting roles.. became All-Big Sky picks.. now both are in the NFL. Walk-ons can become some of the most productive players in your program and they play with a chip on their shoulder and work their ass off to become scholarship players. Their work ethic shows when they get -any- playing time.
Another fun story, wasn't JJ Watt a walkon? Not to compare any of these guys to Watt, that's unfair but still. They can be big time.
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Is Austin Fort still coming back as a walk on?
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 42 times

wyokoke wrote:Another fun story, wasn't JJ Watt a walkon? Not to compare any of these guys to Watt, that's unfair but still. They can be big time.
Watt was offered several scholarships coming out of high school, including one by Wyoming. He signed with Central Michigan out of high school and played TE there during his freshman season. After being asked to move to offensive tackle, he decided to leave CMU and walked-on at Wisconsin. The rest is history.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

TheRealUW wrote:
wyokoke wrote:Another fun story, wasn't JJ Watt a walkon? Not to compare any of these guys to Watt, that's unfair but still. They can be big time.
Watt was offered several scholarships coming out of high school, including one by Wyoming. He signed with Central Michigan out of high school and played TE there during his freshman season. After being asked to move to offensive tackle, he decided to leave CMU and walked-on at Wisconsin. The rest is history.
You're right, but Wyoming was news to me. But for all intents and purposes, he was a walkon at Wiscy so I'm counting him. Or more recently, Baker Mayfield. Or for us, wasn't Zach Bolger? He was fairly solid and more realistic for these guys than Watt or Mayfield, obviously.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I forgot about Austin
W-Y, Until I Die!