Different Year, exact same argument

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hampshire wrote:I wouldn't suggest that book , I watched both of those games and at the very best I would say that they could of gone either way , at best.
So, what you're saying is that you don't know much about football?

I watched both games as well, and both what I saw and what the stat sheets say indicate something far different from "lucky" wins.

You can attempt to reject reality and substitute your own all you want, but if no one accepts it, it just means you're wrong.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
yopaulie wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
alyssa wrote:Alabama did not suck. It was not Birmingham.
Bingo. Gene Stallings won a National Championship in the 90's.

Only Alabama fans thought that Alabama "sucked" because they weren't winning National Championships. 'Bama was almost always competitive in the SEC season after season...
There was a short period early 2000s. I believe Alabama lost to the U of Minnesota Gophers in a mid level bowl game. That's probably the low point.
And the year before that they were 4-9.
Both examples are outliers in Alabama football. Going back to 1892, not accounting for wins vacated by violations, Alabama has had fifteen losing seasons.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

I sure as hell hope we aren't judging ourselves against Alabama or Ohio State or Michigan. Those schools are simply too different to draw any corrolary to Wyoming or any G5.

Lower level P5 and any G5 are fair game.