OT: Maybe P5 isn't all rosy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

At the risk of supplanting DINO in sensationalistic prognostications, I'm really starting to wonder about college athletics outside of say 10% or so of the NCAA schools. I think major changes are coming in the next 10 years and the money is going to dry up even more. The article below briefly discusses the Rutgers situation. Man, what a mess.

$300 student fees. I don't know if that is per semester or per year, but per year would be more than 11 million (they have over 38K undergrads). An equivalent at WYO would be somewhere around $1,100 student fee for athletics :eek:

That and they still had a budget shortfall larger (or nearly as large) as our entire athletic budget :o

I know this is nothing new and I'm sure most everyone here knew about it. I guess this was the first time I saw hard numbers that I could relate to our situation. Shocking.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/news/ne ... spartandhp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

It's been talked about for a while, but the tv deals and revenue associated with tv can't last forever. You'll always have the Phil Knights and T. Boone Pickens supporting their schools, but this massive influx of cash to all the big schools can't last.
billings
Ranch Hand

Agree. The Big TV $$ bubble is going to pop for college sports in the next decade or so.