2 Scholly's left...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Carl Granderson - So - 6'6" - 200
Trevor Meader - So - 6'4" - 222
Adam Kinder - Sr - 6'2" - 246
Kevin Prosser - So - 6'2" - 197
Brent Gilliand - Fr - 6'2" - 262 (listed as lineman, not DE or DT)
The weights are concerning. Those are low weights for LBs let alone D-line.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

marcuswyo wrote:
Carl Granderson - So - 6'6" - 200
Trevor Meader - So - 6'4" - 222
Adam Kinder - Sr - 6'2" - 246
Kevin Prosser - So - 6'2" - 197
Brent Gilliand - Fr - 6'2" - 262 (listed as lineman, not DE or DT)
The weights are concerning. Those are low weights for LBs let alone D-line.
They will be a lot heavier, I bet.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 47 times

I think it's important to keep in mind that online recruiting databases are not always accurate when it comes to official offers. If I'm not mistaken, all of the information they list is based on what the player tells them.

As many know, official offers are often a fluid thing. Some of the kids that ended up signing with FCS teams may have had an offer from UW at one point, but had it pulled as other players committed (even at other positions). Recruits are often excited to inform the sites of new offers but often don't update them when offers have been pulled.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

TheRealUW wrote:I think it's important to keep in mind that online recruiting databases are not always accurate when it comes to official offers. If I'm not mistaken, all of the information they list is based on what the player tells them.

As many know, official offers are often a fluid thing. Some of the kids that ended up signing with FCS teams may have had an offer from UW at one point, but had it pulled as other players committed (even at other positions). Recruits are often excited to inform the sites of new offers but often don't update them when offers have been pulled.
This is the crazy part for sure. It's amazing how much information is out there about which schools are offering who. Obviously there's prob a lot of errors online but there's a lot of real information too. Kind of like how the internet really changes car buying and real estate with all that information recruiting has to have changed a thousand percent.

Seems pretty wild that so many of the prospects release all of the information they do, but guessing they all kind of feel they have to get into the system to "get stars" and get more offers. Of course many of them love the attention that goes with it, but I'm surprised more of the recruits don't stay quiet.

These Wyoming Coaches did a really good job signing this class. if they really are able to fill 2 more scholarships and do come up with something to help that would be amazing. Esp if it were upperclassmen DL types even better
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

cali2wyo wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:Damn... the better question about that list is how many DE's are going to Boise State?
I'm guessing that's the Mountain West school that Bohl said watched our recruiting. I've got a feeling we'll see a couple of those kids transfer out of Boise at some point. No way you can have enough snaps to sign 4 defensive ends in one class.
You're saying Boise State, who has had the best recruiting class every year since joining the conference, had to closely follow ol' Bohl around? I agree that they most likely won't hold on to every one of them, but come on man...
Bohl said it was a Pac-12 team that followed them around
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

laxwyo wrote:Bohl said it was a Pac-12 team that followed them around
He said there was a Mountain West school following them, too
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:You're saying Boise State, who has had the best recruiting class every year since joining the conference, had to closely follow ol' Bohl around? I agree that they most likely won't hold on to every one of them, but come on man...
MW schools we lost recruits to:

Air Force - 3
Boise State - 8
Colorado State - 4
Fresno State - 1
Hawaii - 1
Nevada - 2
New Mexico - 2
San Diego State - 8
San Jose State - 2
UNLV - 4
Utah State - 4

I don't think I'm crazy for thinking that either Boise or SDSU is following our offers.
Agreed. Where was SDSU or BSU offering Kongbo when we did? It has become apparent that Bohl knows how to find talent where most say there is none. Where was BSU or SDSU on Wingard? Hill? Don't kid yourself and act like BSU and SDSU are above poaching the hard work of Bohl and his staff. IN fact, it surprises me it doesn't happen more often.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Really concerning to see that we lost 4 recruits to FCS schools and 1 to Idaho (who may as well be FCS)

I don't know if it's our scheme or our recruiting pitch, but whoever is handling the recruiting of defensive ends needs to be replaced.
Or maybe some of these guys we lost out to don't want to venture away from home.. there's lots that factor into recruiting..
Exactly....many reason on both sides. Ja Chai Baker is listed as a DE on a few sites FWIW. Alec Stewart is also listed as a DE on a couple sites, but was recruited as a TE.

That being said.....we could use a couple more defensive linemen in this class.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I think Alec Stewart was all state on D and then I hear Bohl say that he'll be a TE? One of the mysteries of the press conference.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote:I think Alec Stewart was all state on D and then I hear Bohl say that he'll be a TE? One of the mysteries of the press conference.
Agree. Unless Bohl plans on pulling a rabbit out of a hat I think this is stupid. A CA all-state DE? Yeah, let's play him at TE. Makes sense.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Right? And the TE position is crowded in general.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Have to think the decision to play TE was okay with Stewart...if he wasn't happy about it, he wouldn't have committed.

Think about it...most schools recruited him as a DE but he chose the school that wanted him at TE.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I think Alec Stewart was all state on D and then I hear Bohl say that he'll be a TE? One of the mysteries of the press conference.
Agree. Unless Bohl plans on pulling a rabbit out of a hat I think this is stupid. A CA all-state DE? Yeah, let's play him at TE. Makes sense.
Maybe they need an impact athlete at that spot and think that's his highest ceiling spot? Maybe they got him by promising him a shot on offense. You never know, this is one of those situations where we trust they're doing the right thing. Then we can see him in person and second guess these guys all we want.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote:Maybe they need an impact athlete at that spot and think that's his highest ceiling spot? Maybe they got him by promising him a shot on offense. You never know, this is one of those situations where we trust they're doing the right thing. Then we can see him in person and second guess these guys all we want.
I think this is probably the case. The kid wants to play TE, so they're going to give him a shot at it. If he can't crack the depth chart I'd bet he'd be willing to play DE.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I suppose, and if that's the case god I hope we're in on an unsigned DE, hopefully 2, one juco one HS
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Looks like we got someone to help with the DE spot:
https://twitter.com/wyo_football/status ... 6618488832
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Another walk on.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

PokeOLoco wrote:Another walk on.
True, but at a position of need AND with the needed size
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Good starting weight and height to grow in to. Mitch Unrein was once a walk on ( from Colorado?).
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I get that, and he's a solid walk on prospect... he's just not the immediate impact guy I was hoping for. hopefully that guy is still