2017 Cowboy Football Recruiting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 am https://twitter.com/C_wick3/status/835620291657150464 Looks like Chuck had a busy weekend. Outside of him DYING to come here, can't see him in the B&G
A visit does not necessarily entail an offer. Looks like Fresno has offered him, but not the PAC schools. Schools like Cal and Stanford could keep him on the back burner as a backup plan if their top choices fall through. We would probably have him towards or at the top of our wish list at running back.
We've seen what happens when back burner players get moved to the front burner by big schools. Also, being that we haven't offered him, or hosted him on an official visit why would he be interested in us...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Chuck has been offered by Wyoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:51 am Chuck has been offered by Wyoming

Officially?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:

Officially?

I've heard chatter as well

W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Officially?

Coaches came out and said that there was no offer at the time of this tweet. Chuck based this tweet off bad info from various recruiting sites.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:28 pm
laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Officially?

Coaches came out and said that there was no offer at the time of this tweet. Chuck based this tweet off bad info from various recruiting sites.
This was my impression as well
mwc fan
Cowpoke

At this point i don't think Chuck Wick will ever play for us from what l hear. My coworkers kid is a walk on and it was known that Shaun didn't want his brother to play here. He's already got a bunch of offers. So why would he want to play here in the first place? I could see it if he was under recruited, like all our diamonds in the rough but he isn't anymore. Time to move on, probably the only chance of him playing here would be in a different uniform.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I clarified with Gags that there ARE offers out to Wick and Gentry
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

mwc fan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:02 pm At this point i don't think Chuck Wick will ever play for us from what l hear. My coworkers kid is a walk on and it was known that Shaun didn't want his brother to play here.
Can somebody remind me again why Shaun wouldn't want his brother playing here? Is he upset that Hill was "allowed" to take his role as starter or something?
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 am
mwc fan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:02 pm At this point i don't think Chuck Wick will ever play for us from what l hear. My coworkers kid is a walk on and it was known that Shaun didn't want his brother to play here.
Can somebody remind me again why Shaun wouldn't want his brother playing here? Is he upset that Hill was "allowed" to take his role as starter or something?
I don't think Shaun cared about his role. I was told his concussions left him with slight depth perception issues. I cannot confirm this though. The former teamate did say after his last concussion the staff removed him from being a captain and left him out of team functions. I supose that broke his heart. Seems like an Air Force type of treatment to a player. I could possibly understand his reservations if it were the case. I do remember that beaverpoke had said this before too.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

mwc fan wrote:
I don't think Shaun cared about his role. I was told his concussions left him with slight depth perception issues. I cannot confirm this though. The former teamate did say after his last concussion the staff removed him from being a captain and left him out of team functions. I supose that broke his heart. Seems like an Air Force type of treatment to a player. I could possibly understand his reservations if it were the case. I do remember that beaverpoke had said this before too.
So you're saying that Appleby and the other injured players went to the bowl game and were part of the team but Wick was outcasted while he was injured?

W-Y, Until I Die!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I'm repeating what I was told. This was actually 2nd or 3rd hand info. I may be way off the mark, who knows? It was a conversation that was heard and I'm just trying to figure out why or if indeed something went down. I was told he wanted to finish what he started regardless of what went down after his redshirt concussion year.. Those are the exact words. When you ask the holdovers from the CDC class, how they were received you would be hard pressed to find a few that could comment. I mean seriously this happens when almost every coach is fired. There always is the " my recruit and the old regime recruits".
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

This makes no sense to me either. Why would Wick go through the process of obtaining a medical waiver (which was not even certain) if he had some problem with Laramie or the staff at Wyoming? It was beyond clear that Brian Hill would be the starter this past year when Wick applied for the medical redshirt.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 pm
This makes no sense to me either. Why would Wick go through the process of obtaining a medical waiver (which was not even certain) if he had some problem with Laramie or the staff at Wyoming? It was beyond clear that Brian Hill would be the starter this past year when Wick applied for the medical redshirt.

I agree on that point exactly. Who knows maybe it's all poop bar talk about the staff issue. At this point i dont want to make tavern talk into anything more than just that.
cfootball16
Buckaroo

cfootball16
Buckaroo

I can't wait to see this lineman on the field next year. Patrick just got done with wrestling and now taking on running in track. I think he's going to help the Pokes immediately.
https://twitter.com/arnoldpatrick4/stat ... 1729912836
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

cfootball16 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:46 pm I can't wait to see this lineman on the field next year. Patrick just got done with wrestling and now taking on running in track. I think he's going to help the Pokes immediately.
https://twitter.com/arnoldpatrick4/stat ... 1729912836
Pretty high motor for a big man, very impressive.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Looks like we got another late addition from Colorado
https://twitter.com/Dylan_Leston13/stat ... 7002789891
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 8:04 am Looks like we got another late addition from Colorado
https://twitter.com/Dylan_Leston13/stat ... 7002789891
Im assuming he'll be on the defensive side of the ball?