2017 Cowboy Football Recruiting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Might Harrison VanDyne be back on the table with Fleck leaving WMU?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Might Harrison VanDyne be back on the table with Fleck leaving WMU?
Had Van Dyne committed to Western?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

laxwyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Might Harrison VanDyne be back on the table with Fleck leaving WMU?
Had Van Dyne committed to Western?

I didn't know he was ever off the table
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Never mind, I'm an idiot. No commitment yet.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
nucowboy
Buckaroo

Any thoughts on Lincoln, Ne OL Chirs Walker receiving an offer from Nebraska this week?

From the Lincoln Journal Star...."The Huskers are still looking to add an O-lineman to this class, extending an offer to Lincoln East O-lineman Chris Walker, who is still committed to Wyoming. (We'll have a story on Walker soon as well.)"
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

nucowboy wrote:Any thoughts on Lincoln, Ne OL Chirs Walker receiving an offer from Nebraska this week?

From the Lincoln Journal Star...."The Huskers are still looking to add an O-lineman to this class, extending an offer to Lincoln East O-lineman Chris Walker, who is still committed to Wyoming. (We'll have a story on Walker soon as well.)"
f-word, he was my favorite oline recruit. Kid is an absolute animal

W-Y, Until I Die!
nucowboy
Buckaroo

Well...if you like those Nebraska kids, have a look at Jack Carnie from Norris High School in Firth Nebraska.
The kid is a beast at 6'5" 305! Fast hands and quick feet! The beauty is, is that he only is in his second year of playing football. Talk about an under the radar kinda kid! Give him a Red Shirt to develop and POW!!

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2747526/jack-carnie
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Per twitter, Walker is keeping his commitment to the Pokes, but will take an official to Lincoln.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Per twitter, Walker is keeping his commitment to the Pokes, but will take an official to Lincoln.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tyler Vander Wal

W-Y, Until I Die!
nucowboy
Buckaroo

You think a kid from Lincoln doesn't already know what the inside of Memorial Stadium looks like? FBS can't give partial scholarships right? So why take an official? Just thoughts.....
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Per twitter, Walker is keeping his commitment to the Pokes, but will take an official to Lincoln.
Tyler Vander Wal

Lincoln East OL Chris Walker: "Right now I'm going to stay committed to Wyoming & probably going to go ahead & take an official to Nebraska"
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

nucowboy wrote:You think a kid from Lincoln doesn't already know what the inside of Memorial Stadium looks like? FBS can't give partial scholarships right? So why take an official? Just thoughts.....
He's probably sat in the stands, but on an official, they hang out with current players and coaches, inside tour of the stadium, locker rooms, and training facilities.
nucowboy
Buckaroo

He's probably sat in the stands, but on an official, they hang out with current players and coaches, inside tour of the stadium, locker rooms, and training facilities.

My point exactly! Every kid in NE that has sat in those stands wants to be down on that field. Now you show him behind the scenes...I think we have an up hill battle on our hands to keep him at WY!

I'm tell'n ya that Carnie kid is the real deal. He might be late to the game but head to head...would be an easy choice for a replacement....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

nucowboy wrote:Any thoughts on Lincoln, Ne OL Chirs Walker receiving an offer from Nebraska this week?

My thought is "damn it". It's every husker kid's dream to play for the huskers
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:

My thought is "damn it". It's every husker kid's dream to play for the huskers
It's very unlikely he stays committed to us. At least it wasn't the night before like last year

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Maybe the fact that Riley probably won't be there in a couple years will have some effect on Chris's decision.

I wonder if these Nebraska kids feel slighted that they are basically looked at as sloppy seconds and a contingency plan? Getting poached sucks
nucowboy
Buckaroo

[quote="I wonder if these Nebraska kids feel slighted that they are basically looked at as sloppy seconds and a contingency plan? Getting poached sucks[/quote]

Especially with a kid from right under there nose. The only thing I can think is, once a kid gets an offer then he hits every other radar out there. If NU were to give him his second offer, and as late as it is, well now hes really going to be on other schools list by them saying, well we should offer him also. Nu is rolling the 50/50 dice...at this point.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

nucowboy wrote:[quote="I wonder if these Nebraska kids feel slighted that they are basically looked at as sloppy seconds and a contingency plan? Getting poached sucks
Especially with a kid from right under there nose. The only thing I can think is, once a kid gets an offer then he hits every other radar out there. If NU were to give him his second offer, and as late as it is, well now hes really going to be on other schools list by them saying, well we should offer him also. Nu is rolling the 50/50 dice...at this point.[/quote]

I don't think they feel slighted at all.

The way we have recruited Nebraska has been going well. I wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska pays more attention to who we offer and give them a twice over

W-Y, Until I Die!