2017 Cowboy Football Recruiting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Guess I'm confused why he would say he has an offer if he doesn't... seems odd to me.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I think we need to pursue him hard. If he's got half the heart his brother did, I want him in B&G.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:01 pm Guess I'm confused why he would say he has an offer if he doesn't... seems odd to me.
Chad was tweeting out 2018 offers on Friday, he saw them listed on Scout and Rivals. Ben Mitchum was sent an email by the coaches saying, "Hey, that's not actually true." By then Chuck had seen the tweet and tweeted it out himself. I can't imagine that Chuck wouldn't be offered a scholarship, and I'm guessing when he does get officially offered one he'll be plenty excited about it. The same was true with another one that got tweeted out, can't remember the kid's name though. We were told neither were offered, despite what Scout said.
ImageImageImageImage
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:23 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:01 pm Guess I'm confused why he would say he has an offer if he doesn't... seems odd to me.
Chad was tweeting out 2018 offers on Friday, he saw them listed on Scout and Rivals. Ben Mitchum was sent an email by the coaches saying, "Hey, that's not actually true." By then Chuck had seen the tweet and tweeted it out himself. I can't imagine that Chuck wouldn't be offered a scholarship, and I'm guessing when he does get officially offered one he'll be plenty excited about it. The same was true with another one that got tweeted out, can't remember the kid's name though. We were told neither were offered, despite what Scout said.
So he assumed he had an offer based off information from Scout/Rivals/WyoNation? The fact that he was so eager to make that tweet with multiple pictures and everything makes me think we have a good chance of landing him when that official offer does come.

Is the other kid you're thinking of happen to be Gentry's little brother? It would be pretty strange to have that happen to 2 brothers of departing seniors in the same year...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:23 am Chad was tweeting out 2018 offers on Friday...
Can we get a list of those guys posted here? One would assume the first guys to receive an offer are the top targets for the coaching staff, I'd be interested to see the type of guys they're striving for...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Is this actually an offer? Or will the coaches say this isn't true either? https://twitter.com/cameron_braaten/sta ... 7341729793
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

cali2wyo wrote:Is this actually an offer? Or will the coaches say this isn't true either? https://twitter.com/cameron_braaten/sta ... 7341729793
Interesting we offered another punter/kicker for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

He'll be a walk-on.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

So wait.... Wick's brother and Gentry's brother have both posted they have received offers from UW and neither of them actually have offers? Am I following this thread correctly? I am so damn confused....
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Gentry's brother has absolutely received an offer. Doesn't appear that Chuck Wick has, though.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

^^^^^ That is my current understanding as well.
ImageImageImageImage
mwc fan
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:27 am Gentry's brother has absolutely received an offer. Doesn't appear that Chuck Wick has, though.
Wick ls picking up offers from a lot of other mountain west teams. Just saw gags tweet on his recent offer to Hawaii. Did something happen between the staff and Shaun?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Looks like our staff has put out a bunch of 2018 offers recently... is it time to start an official 2018 thread?
knhendon
Buckaroo

It appears we have offered Mr. Wick

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 76682.html
mwc fan
Cowpoke

knhendon wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:31 pm It appears we have offered Mr. Wick

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 76682.html
I really hope we have a chance at both Gunnar Gentry and Chuck Wick. Both of their older brothers were tremendous players and role models for my kids while representing the pokes on and off the field. I think we have a better shot at getting Gentry than Wick. The younger Wick looks like a fast twitch explosive back that Pac 12 teams love. It's always been harder for us to get the California, Florida and Texas players that already have been discovered and have multiple offers. Bohl and staff have been exceptional at finding the diamonds in the rough or overlooked players like Hill, Josh, and the older Gentry and Wicks. I also think if Colorado offers Gentry or even Boise we lose him too. Would be cool to see the legacies continue up here. Someone said on the board before that Shaun didn't want his brother playing here. Not sure if that was true or not.
Krusty Buzzard
Buckaroo

Having watched Wick the last two years (my grandsons are teammates) he is the real deal, has remarkable speed & toughness. He is only going to get better.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/C_wick3/status/835620291657150464 Looks like Chuck had a busy weekend. Outside of him DYING to come here, can't see him in the B&G
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 am https://twitter.com/C_wick3/status/835620291657150464 Looks like Chuck had a busy weekend. Outside of him DYING to come here, can't see him in the B&G
A visit does not necessarily entail an offer. Looks like Fresno has offered him, but not the PAC schools. Schools like Cal and Stanford could keep him on the back burner as a backup plan if their top choices fall through. We would probably have him towards or at the top of our wish list at running back.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Darn it!!!! I wanted a to see a Gentry /Wick tandem wearing the Brown &Gold again. Probably to be expected though Chuck Wick looked on film to be a Pac 12 type guy. Very explosive player and living in LA kids lIke that don't slip through the big programs fingers twice,Like his brother did. Now Gentry is very good too. Just a matter of time before Colorado and their 100 offers gives him one. Like I said with Wick, another Gentry will not slip through to us again.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

I wonder if Fresno showed Wick the "how Fresno is so much better than Laramie" video.