Cowboys to scrimmage on Saturday in Cheyenne

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

wyokoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It's expected to see the defense get the better of the offense at this point. It would be concerning if the offense was trashing the d.

Sounds like J. Allen has a laser-rocket arm. Hopefully there will be many long Allen-Gentry TDs this year.
Aren't they?
We rushed for like 3.1 ypc and completed like 40% of our passes. I say that sucks offensively
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:It's expected to see the defense get the better of the offense at this point. It would be concerning if the offense was trashing the d.

Sounds like J. Allen has a laser-rocket arm. Hopefully there will be many long Allen-Gentry TDs this year.
Aren't they?
We rushed for like 3.1 ypc and completed like 40% of our passes. I say that sucks offensively
That does suck, all I've seen from the scrimmage is that two minute video which made it look pretty decent...but I guess its the deed to show off a few offensive highlights than a good defensive performance
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:

Aren't they?
It's April. I'm sure the offense is pretty plain right now and after having seen them for a few weeks the defense has some general idea of what to expect. Also, rotating signal callers isn't the best for your offense and Brian Hill didn't participate. Spring ball is all about getting reps for the guys where big battles are and resting your big boys. I wouldn't look too much into that.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:

Aren't they?
It's April. I'm sure the offense is pretty plain right now and after having seen them for a few weeks the defense has some general idea of what to expect. Also, rotating signal callers isn't the best for your offense and Brian Hill didn't participate. Spring ball is all about getting reps for the guys where big battles are and resting your big boys. I wouldn't look too much into that.
I agree, that's why it would be concerning if our O was beating our D at this point. If our D was getting trashed then we'd for sure be in for a long year
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

#16 is Milo Hall
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:Who had that long looking td run in the video? #16 i think?
That was Milo Hall
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

I was not able to attend, but my buddy who played lower division college ball noted that:

(1) our offensive line finally has the look of a D1 offensive line.
(2) our defensive line is incredibly undersized. When teams line it up and run at us, we will be in trouble.
(3) our receivers cannot catch. He said some of the drops were on the QBs, but most were on the WRs.

He suggests it will be another long year. I hope like hell he is wrong, but fear he is not.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

LawPoke wrote:I was not able to attend, but my buddy who played lower division college ball noted that:

(1) our offensive line finally has the look of a D1 offensive line.
(2) our defensive line is incredibly undersized. When teams line it up and run at us, we will be in trouble.
(3) our receivers cannot catch. He said some of the drops were on the QBs, but most were on the WRs.

He suggests it will be another long year. I hope like hell he is wrong, but fear he is not.
Nor could I, but this is somewhat promising, but I think our O will be ok, once those WR's start catching, and Mr Brian Hill runs all over teams but time will tell, sure hope it's somewhat better!!!! it really has to be!!!!