Cowboys to scrimmage on Saturday in Cheyenne

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/Jerrad307/status/717694770634567680 Wyoming Cowboy fans in Cheyenne will get the first glimpse at Cowboy football 2016! An intrasquad scrimmage will be held at Cheyenne Central High Shool’s Riske Field Satruday, April 9th at Noon. Fans will have a chance to interact with coaches and players after the practice and there will be an autograph signing period. The scrimmage is practice #9 of spring football camp for the Pokes. The annual “Spring Game” will be held Saturday, April 23rd at War Memorial Stadium in Laramie.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PCB
Ranch Hand

I'm going to be there with my son and grandkids. A few years ago they did it here and it was a huge success with big crowd. Parking may be a little tight as the damn democrats decided to have their caucus at Central High same day same time fee cryin out loud.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I hope Allen doesn't get hurt. Nick Smith looks awful.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

wyocowboy2014 wrote:I hope Allen doesn't get hurt. Nick Smith looks awful.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking the that
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Smith kept hanging everyone out to dry but himself. Leading receivers right into horrible situations and dumping the ball off to his RB so he could take the 10 yard loss.
RawPoke24
Buckaroo

Too bad Chandler Garrett couldn't have graduated early and been here for spring ball to add a bit more competition to the QB spot. Doesn't sound promising if Allen gets hurt again, although Smith did improve last year, not much, but some. Seems like the kid has ability but maybe he's just trying too damn hard and it's in his head. Anyway, sounds like there was some good and some bad but to be expected the first scrimmage out. Wish I could have been there!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Any idea why Brian didn't play
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Any idea why Brian didn't play
No need to. He's fine, as far as it sounds.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
That's what I figured. No real reason to play him
mwc fan
Cowpoke

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
The way the Oline looked yesterday it was a good thing Hill didn't play. 14 tackles for loss by the Defense. He may have gotten hurt with all that bad blocking and penetration by the Dline.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

mwc fan wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
The way the Oline looked yesterday it was a good thing Hill didn't play. 14 tackles for loss by the Defense. He may have gotten hurt with all that bad blocking and penetration by the Dline.
Did that look to be the starting O-line that played yesterday, or was he just taking a look at other players?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Does anyone have video of yesterday?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Mr.Large wrote:Does anyone have video of yesterday?
mwc fan
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:
mwc fan wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Did that look to be the starting O-line that played yesterday, or was he just taking a look at other players?
They were missing a few starters, but from what I saw defenders were slipping through gaps on most plays. Hard to tell if they were 1's, 2's or 3's on the O line. It seemed to me that the defensive guys knew exactly where the play was and what cadence the offense was going on. Not suprised at this point that the defensive line was getting through. O line needs time to gel, but we'll see how they progress from now until the spring game. Thought our D ends were really impressive off the edge. We really need an excellent pass rush this season. Last two years were not impressive.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Who had that long looking td run in the video? #16 i think?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

It's expected to see the defense get the better of the offense at this point. It would be concerning if the offense was trashing the d.

Sounds like J. Allen has a laser-rocket arm. Hopefully there will be many long Allen-Gentry TDs this year.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:It's expected to see the defense get the better of the offense at this point. It would be concerning if the offense was trashing the d.

Sounds like J. Allen has a laser-rocket arm. Hopefully there will be many long Allen-Gentry TDs this year.
Aren't they?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:It's expected to see the defense get the better of the offense at this point. It would be concerning if the offense was trashing the d.

Be careful - I said that a couple of weeks ago and got thoroughly chastised for saying that. :lol:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I was thinking about something. I looked back on the the West coast teams that I can remember... San Fran (all the years), norv Turner Dallas cowboys, 97-98 broncos, green bay, currently the Vikings....

Every team either hit or missed from offensive line play. The good and dominant West coast teams had bad ass lines. Teams that didn't make it had average lines. Until our offensive line takes that step I just don't see us controlling the game like we need to. Our line's getting better I think, but definetly has tremendous work to do