HUGE setback for recruiting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... mmediately
Once again, the big programs ruin it for the small guys. Satellite camps were a great way to let kids in other areas of the country know Wyoming was an option for continuing their football career. In a perfect world, I wish the NCAA would ban these camps for P5 schools, while letting smaller FBS programs still operate them (they could even make rules saying they must be a certain distance from other conference members, etc.)
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

The MW voted against satellite camps??? The hair has to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Dick move by the P5.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WAIT....the MW voted IN FAVOR of this ban?!?!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Aint surprised by the news...then again, I never am surprised.

Safe bet it has to do with Michigan having a camp in Florida which pissed off the SEC turds!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

This has nothing to do with Wyoming. We don't hold spring camp in Florida or California or Texas. This isnt talking about HS camps you have on your campus, it's about having camps where your actual team is practicing elsewhere, case in point Michigan .
Last edited by calpoke25 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:This has nothing to do with Wyoming. We don't hold spring camp in Florida or California or Texas. This is t talking about HS camps you have on your campus, it's about having camps where your actual team is practicing elsewhere, case in point Michigan .
Sure about that?

The NCAA has shut down satellite camps, effective immediately, with a ruling Friday by the Division I Council that requires FBS programs to conduct all clinics at school facilities or facilities regularly used for practice or competition.

These are the camps that we've run in Oklahoma the last few years, no?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

When has Wyoming been sending down the football team to practice in Oklahoma or hold any kind of organized activity for that matter?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:When has Wyoming been sending down the football team to practice in Oklahoma or hold any kind of organized activity for that matter?
These aren't about sending teams anywhere. These aren't camps as in training camp. They are high school camps used often times for recruiting.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/6/5/8 ... sibilities
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

calpoke25 wrote:When has Wyoming been sending down the football team to practice in Oklahoma or hold any kind of organized activity for that matter?
We aren't having practice. We are holding camps down in Oklahoma. This outlaws that. It says clinics not practices. Now we can only hold football camps/clinics on campus.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Maybe this will be nothing other than just another excuse that our pathetic athletic department can use as to why we continually get our asses kicked? Hey, doing more with less after all!

Hell, if it's not the weather, location, size of community, school colors, facilities, history, competition, coaches, president, mineral funds, etc., etc., it has to be that satellite camps are now against the rules.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Calpoke, Wyoming has been conducting camps in OK. This will ban any out of state camps we've done. This has everything to do with us

W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

https://twitter.com/CoachBath/status/698166867219709954

https://twitter.com/ghaugii7/status/611349772079730688 https://twitter.com/CoachBath/status/611548504645726208

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

News to me. I still fail to see why this is a huge deal since it is universal across the NCAA. You can either recruit well or not, hopefully this doesn't become an excuse. This shouldn't be an issue.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Also I think our coach should think of a new hashtag, #OKCowboys in the backyard of OSU Cowboys.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

calpoke25 wrote:News to me. I still fail to see why this is a huge deal since it is universal across the NCAA. You can either recruit well or not, hopefully this doesn't become an excuse. This shouldn't be an issue.

It must have been a huge deal since they banned it and Saban was crying about Michigan. It works both ways. If it wasn't a big deal, why would they ban it? What's easier? Asking 100 Okies to come to a Wyoming camp in Laramie or go down there to meet them and hold a camp?
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WSU is spot on

W-Y, Until I Die!
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Give me hell Leach. Now if 100 or so other coaches will start having an opinion like papa Shy and Mike leach, maybe smaller schools will find their voices.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

This will get a change. Some schools, like Hawaii, need to do this. Knee jerk reaction on the ncaa's part. There will be to much litigation if they don't change the rule. Sometimes I wonder if institutions like the ncaa forget to have a lawyer read things over first.