Man... I hope we can kick a field goal this year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

WyoExpat wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I think we may be the only fan base in D1 FBS football where we can find the silver lining (and celebrate it) when we had what was maybe the worst season in our existence, coupled with 2 of the worst losses in the history of the 124 year program.
I thought 2000-2002 was worse.
I disagree. Last year was the worst team I have ever seen in a wyoming jersey.

This year is going to be different though! 16 - 0 here we come! :D :thumb:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I think we may be the only fan base in D1 FBS football where we can find the silver lining (and celebrate it) when we had what was maybe the worst season in our existence, coupled with 2 of the worst losses in the history of the 124 year program.
If we can't be optimistic about our future because of last season, then we might as well drop down to FCS or even Division II. Then, maybe McPeachy would let the others on this board say something positive about the program.

I'm so glad you're here to lead the way to show us the proper way to be a fan of the Wyoming Cowboys!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
If we can't be optimistic about our future because of last season, then we might as well drop down to FCS or even Division II. Then, maybe McPeachy would let the others on this board say something positive about the program.

I'm so glad you're here to lead the way to show us the proper way to be a fan of the Wyoming Cowboys!
:rofl:

Easy there monkeyboy...

Saying something positive does not equal even remotely the same thing as saying UW is going 15 & 0 and winning the national championship this year in football.

I certainly can show you how to be a Wyoming fan if you would like. But let's at least wait until you have gone through the ups and downs that I have over the last 40+ years of being a Wyoming fan. And let's wait until you have donated & spent well over 6 figures - in tickets, seat premiums, and CJC donations. I have earned my views and outlook...whether you like to admit it (or see that) or not.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

You think anyone seriously expects 15-0? or even 8-4? Maybe those 40+ years of ups and downs have made you senile
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

If we go 8-4 I'll quadruple my donation to CJC
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

wyokoke wrote:You think anyone seriously expects 15-0? or even 8-4? Maybe those 40+ years of ups and downs have made you senile
Well certainly not...but we are talking about making a positive comment versus making a realistic comment...or did you miss that part of monkeyboy's post and my response?

Is it positive to post something about UW Football going 15 & 0 and being national champions - sure. Is it realistic, you decide.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:If we go 8-4 I'll quadruple my donation to CJC
CAREFUL! That comment of yours could be construed as being negative...or "non-positive"! Uh-Oh!
Dear Karma,

cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: I'm so glad you're here to lead the way to show us the proper way to be a fan of the Wyoming Cowboys!
Well at least he's more qualified than Holmgren, he spent his 11 months here trying his best to do just that.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Who said anything about it being realistic?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

It's the preseason, reality doesn't set in until the first play from scrimmage. If I remember right, we gave up a TD?

Until then, here's to the first of 36 straight wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

I'm on board with this. If we go 8-4 I'll double my donation to CJC.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

wyokoke wrote:Who said anything about it being realistic?
Sure, is being realistic being "non-positive"? Seems that way in this thread. If I say I believe we will win 4 games next year, and last year was an abortion of a season, that is being negative. And being negative is not being a fan. Right?
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

McPeachy wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:

Easy there monkeyboy...
I have the fans of a coach on ignore, so I only see comments when someone quotes, but holy poop, a Bohl fanboy questioning McPeachy's fandom? :rofl:

I wonder how many of these of Bohl fanboys ever stepped foot in WYO much less in War Memorial?

Unreal.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I like to go into the season with low expectations as a cowboy fan and season ticket holder. Seriously how many times have folks bought into the hype? CDC telling us fans to fill the stadium and he'd win. I bought in, poop after two bowl games and Brett Smith coming off his fabulous freshman season. What wasn't to like? I know, I know ....the Defense wasn't all that but damn did we score points. Now we don't score points, cant stop a nose bleed on defense, cant kick a stupid 24 yard field goal and make poop teams look like world beaters. I'm going in expecting injuries to key players ( I don't want this to happen but it always does ) and losing on bone head penalties. If we win Great! I'll celebrate all week until the next one. My worst moments of being a Poke fan is seeing the look In my kids eyes when they're all decked out in their Wyoming gear hearing their dad rant and rave the whole drive home. Don't even get me started on what my old lady thinks about me on that 90 minute drive back home.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote:
I'm on board with this. If we go 8-4 I'll double my donation to CJC.
I'll meet you guys in the middle and triple mine
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:

Easy there monkeyboy...
I have the fans of a coach on ignore, so I only see comments when someone quotes, but holy poop, a Bohl fanboy questioning McPeachy's fandom? :rofl:

I wonder how many of these of Bohl fanboys ever stepped foot in WYO much less in War Memorial?

Unreal.
You're right, I haven't. It's not out of a choice though. I'm disabled and on a part-time income 700+ miles from campus and don't have a driver's licence. So before you judge my fandom solely on my ability to get to WMS, how about you get all the facts first?

If I wasn't a Wyoming fan, why would I be posting here? If I wasn't a Wyoming fan, why would I spend my money on Wyoming gear? If I wasn't a Wyoming fan, why would I spend probably 50 hours watching replays after midnight of the games I missed because I was at work over the last two years?

If the only test of fandom is those who step foot in WMS, you might as well skip FCS and Division II and drop all the way to Division III because your fan base is pretty pathetic if that's the only thing that makes someone a fan of the Cowboys.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

JVK's a fan. I like his posts
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

We need a winning season more than ever this year. The entire fan base is on eggshells and pissed off at the same time.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

JVK--you be the man!!

Maybe I could meet you 1/2 way and I will drive you the other 350 miles to the War this season!

I would enjoy spending 5 hours in a car with a WYO fan and then talking about the win on the way back!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote:JVK's a fan. I like his posts
Just to be clear, there is no need of an endorsement from anyone to be a fan, including instruction from jvk on how to be a proper WYO fan. I was merely pointing out the irony of someone who is a fan of WYO because of Bohl lecturing a longtime WYO fan like McPeachy about what a true fan is or should be.

Like I said, unreal.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.