OT: USC makes "unique" AD hire

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

USC hires Lynn Swann as AD. Great football player and alumn but I don't know much about his administrative experience?

Anyone know how often this route (i.e. hiring famous former athlete with no AD experience) works out?

Not bashing the hire at all; just thought it was curious. Maybe he is more of a PR guy and they have other people in place for budgets, facilities, scheduling, etc.? Maybe he has a lot of other experience that makes him very qualified for AD? I just don't know much about him other than his stellar football career and his broadcasting career.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Looks like this is the third straight AD USC has hired that was a former Trojan football player with no previous college admin experience.
Swann is the third straight former USC football player to take the AD position without previous college sports administration experience, following Haden and Mike Garrett. The last USC AD with previous experience was Mike McGee, who led the Trojans department from 1984-93.
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Lyn ... c-director
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 43 times

Pat Haden wasn't the greatest AD, imo. I miss the days of Paul Roach running the Wyoming ship in the 1980s/1990s.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

USC used a search firm who had never placed anyone into a AD role to place a person who had non-AD experience into that role.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

MrTitleist wrote:USC used a search firm who had never placed anyone into a AD role to place a person who had non-AD experience into that role.
:lol:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:USC used a search firm who had never placed anyone into a AD role to place a person who had non-AD experience into that role.
I honestly had to read that 5 times to understand what you said. You been drinking beer again?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Last edited by wyokoke on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Tom Burman has AD experience.... Just sayin..
I'm good for 3!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Novacek for AD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

GoPokes86 wrote:Novacek for AD!
Can't be any worse than Moron Britches aka Burman. :roll: