WYOMING WILL WIN THE MWC CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2016

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Very nice read. Glad you gave Nick some love after taking a little shot at him. I'd say only thing you forgot was the kicking game.

I knew a guy that either dated or hung out with Noke's daughter and he said that Nokes is a dick. You bring up a great point,His voice reminds me of Wyoming football but I wish for a more NHL type PA guy. Have you heard them when they announce the goal scorer? I'd like something more like that when we get a first down/ TD etc. bring some damn excitement to the game Nokes sounds like he's telling you his shopping list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

So what you're saying is, 4-8 will win the conference?
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Thank you. Just really getting underway and we won't begin to hit our stride until after July 4. We look forward to adding to terrific Wyoming coverage just like this website does -- and providing Wyoming fans with another option to consume news and information about our beloved Pokes.

I might add that as you'll notice with the inaugural column we are looking for passionate writers for the site who believe they can contribute with compelling and thought-provoking content. You need not be a 'professional' writer in order to qualify for such a role.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote:So what you're saying is, 4-8 will win the conference?
Sarcasm is a beautiful thing for headline writers...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I would be glad to take over the mic for Mr. Nokes. I've done probably close to 100 games as PA including hockey, baseball, softball, wrestling, basketball, soccer and volleyball. Where do I sign up?? :D ;)
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Reality is that the mountain we are attempting to climb is not really that high. Sure, hosting the MWC championship would mean knocking off BSU and that would be a high mountain, but winning with our schedule isn't. This is not your older brother's MWC.

Depending on which ranking you look at, we had a grand total of 2 teams in the upper HALF of CFB. We had 4 teams ranked at or below 114 of 128 teams. If you get outside of 3 teams, the ranking for EVERYONE else was at or below 75 (again depending on which ranking).

4 wins would mean a 50% winning percentage (excluding UN, SDSU, BSU, and AF) against some of the worst teams in CFB (most ranked in bottom 1/3 or even 1/4 of FBS). I don't think that would be grounds for MWCCOY.

We have 8 games against EXTREMELY weak competition, 3 against teams that are well ahead of us but have questions of their own, and 1 (AF) that sometimes seems to be close no matter. I don't know what the record will be, but we better damn sure be in every game up until the 4th quarter. We should be in every game until the final whistle in at least 8 if not 9 games. We better be a team that people don't really look forward to playing. Anything short of that will be a disappointment, IMO.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:I would be glad to take over the mic for Mr. Nokes. I've done probably close to 100 games as PA including hockey, baseball, softball, wrestling, basketball, soccer and volleyball. Where do I sign up?? :D ;)
Wait your turn, sir! I've already been in contact with several people on staff with the CJC letting them know that I want the job if it comes up :thumb:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

FWIW, 5-7 could get Wyoming into a bowl game. It did for a few MW teams last year thanks to the absurd amount of bowl slots.

Great article Dino, thorough and engaging.

Ragtime, come on...we do this every year. The MWC isn't a juggernaut conference by any means, but calling 8 games Wyoming plays next year vs. "extremely weak competition"? If they're extremely weak, what are we? Cause this program finished in the very bottom of that barrel last season.

ESPN's FPI power index has Wyoming the favorite in 2 games next fall. I think this team can win 6 games if a few breaks go their way, but this schedule will be tough.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

J-Rod wrote:FWIW, 5-7 could get Wyoming into a bowl game. It did for a few MW teams last year thanks to the absurd amount of bowl slots.

Great article Dino, thorough and engaging.

Ragtime, come on...we do this every year. The MWC isn't a juggernaut conference by any means, but calling 8 games Wyoming plays next year vs. "extremely weak competition"? If they're extremely weak, what are we? Cause this program finished in the very bottom of that barrel last season.

ESPN's FPI power index has Wyoming the favorite in 2 games next fall. I think this team can win 6 games if a few breaks go their way, but this schedule will be tough.
But.....we didn't hit rock bottom...we actually beat BOTH Nevada schools. Hawaii couldn't. :rofl: :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

J-Rod wrote:
Come on man, don't make me say it. I know it will get better but in the meantime there is a bitch called reality. The bottom 1/3 and bottom 1/4 is filled with extremely weak teams. The MWC is in a free fall. It is what it is and our mountain isn't that high. If there is a reasonable argument otherwise, I'm all ears. I'm taking real rankings and real wins. None of the rah rah crap about how we are working together to improve.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:
Well if you put any stock into what they think, that FPI page also ahs us projected at 4-8. Actually 4.4-7.6 to be exact
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'd love to see 5-7 big time
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

A big-time Wyoming fan by the name of Pat Murphy sent me an email today and thanked me for the new media platform at www.pokesradio.com

Pat mentioned that he's a huge fan of this website (as am I) and asked me if he could meet me sometime soon.

I would be nothing if I did not oblige his request.

Wyoming fans are the best fans - and Pat is the most recent example of why.

Thank's Pat!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

New column: CAN YOU BRING ME HIGHER?

http://pokesradio.com/index.aspx