Final Record: 2016

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

I'm both surprised (in a good way) and encouraged by the early results of the poll. What it tells me is we have a more well adjusted and realistic fan base than I first thought. Poll will be up until tomorrow afternoon.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I see every option has the Pokes playing a 12 game schedule, are you saying there's no chance this season will be interrupted by Armageddon like was predicted by somebody on here last year?
:eek: :eek:
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:I see every option has the Pokes playing a 12 game schedule, are you saying there's no chance this season will be interrupted by Armageddon like was predicted by somebody on here last year?
:eek: :eek:
I cannot guarantee we'll all be here the next 20 minutes from now.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

5-7 and a New Mexico Bowl! Let's make this happen
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

5-7, hopefully
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Other than DINO, Kansas, and Bohl fanboys, has anyone else witnessed this impatient fanbase that expected MWC championships immediately?

I guess I missed it. I saw plenty questioning complete destruction to the point we couldn't even compete with many FCS teams. Expecting to be at least competitive with the worst of CFB is quite a bit different than expecting knocking off BSU.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

CAN YOU BRING ME HIGHER?

April 27, 2016
Laramie, Wyoming
–By that creep, DINO

http://WWW.POKESRADIO.COM
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:CAN YOU BRING ME HIGHER?

April 27, 2016
Laramie, Wyoming
–By that creep, DINO

http://WWW.POKESRADIO.COM
Totally agree on your note about the basketball uniforms. I can't ever remember seeing such a boring uniform in basketball. It reminded me of the vanilla mid-90's Pokes football unis.

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

All I would like to see is any form of progression. Our schedules have been very formidable to compete...and we haven't.

Bohl recruited the #1 QB in this year's draft, so here is to hoping and trusting he can spot talent.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I would love to see Garrett RS this year. Allen has work to do, but I think he can be a MWC QB. Let Garrett sit back and learn.

http://newsok.com/article/5476644
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

4-8.
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

I tend to be pretty cautious. 4-8 would be fantastic given the home schedule.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think this is the most recent record prediction thread ( sorry if it is not). As the season gets closer I see us at three wins and four wins at best case. It would be awesome if Allen turns into a smith caliber player ( hell I'd take an ACS type )but to me it is impossible to judge a player off of a quarter of play against the worst D 1 team to play In the history the war. I would predict a higher win total with Hill, Gentry, Maulhardt, Wick, & a solid o line but the defense is scary bad. We have the lightest D ends in D1. Does anyone predict a Bowl game, and why?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Here are ESPN's projections based on percentage of chance.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... ng-cowboys

I see a lot of 30%-40%...which IMO translates to about a 10-point underdog in those games. 7-5 seems like the most realistic "ceiling" for 2016, with 2-10 being the floor. Injuries, development, turnovers, etc. will all determine where in that range Wyoming will finish. Conservative guess would be 4-8.

I don't know. One day I think Brian Hill alone could run the Pokes to 6-6. The next I think the D will be so bad that 1-11 is in play. That's why we play the game.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cowboyz backer wrote:I tend to be pretty cautious. 4-8 would be fantastic given the home schedule.
Nothing about 4-8 is fantastic. Realistic? Maybe. Fantastic? Absolutely not. Fantastic is 6 or more wins.

I can see this team being anywhere from 2-10 (again) to 8-4. There are really only 2 games I completely write off right now, @Nebraska and home against BSU. All the others, AT THIS POINT, are toss ups. I understand why we're dogs against NIU but I expect we'll be better and will show it this year. :twocents:
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Other than DINO, Kansas, and Bohl fanboys, has anyone else witnessed this impatient fanbase that expected MWC championships immediately?

I guess I missed it. I saw plenty questioning complete destruction to the point we couldn't even compete with many FCS teams. Expecting to be at least competitive with the worst of CFB is quite a bit different than expecting knocking off BSU.

...what?

Would you like to show me where I ever stated it would be less than four to five years to turn this around?
I think you're just getting confused with the fact that I can stay positive in the down times.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I need to put a warning on the board that you will get blasted if you even whisper any kind of optimism for our team.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Yeah. I didn't look to see who wrote that.

Top: 6-6

More than Likely: 5-7

Worst case: 3-9
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

kansasCowboy wrote: "has anyone else witnessed this impatient fanbase that expected MWC championships immediately?"

...what?

Would you like to show me where I ever stated it would be less than four to five years to turn this around?
I think you're just getting confused with the fact that I can stay positive in the down times.
Does that help? You, DINO, and Bohl fanboys tend to overdramatize the WYO fanbase as impatient and expecting immediate miracles. Sans a few posters here, I haven't witnessed such a fanbase.

Get it?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.