Final Record: 2016

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Sure do.

...you're such a winner!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I think we win 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

My crystal ball is saying 6, with a decent shot at 7 wins.
cowboyz backer
Buckaroo

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
cowboyz backer wrote:I tend to be pretty cautious. 4-8 would be fantastic given the home schedule.
Nothing about 4-8 is fantastic. Realistic? Maybe. Fantastic? Absolutely not. Fantastic is 6 or more wins.

I can see this team being anywhere from 2-10 (again) to 8-4. There are really only 2 games I completely write off right now, @Nebraska and home against BSU. All the others, AT THIS POINT, are toss ups. I understand why we're dogs against NIU but I expect we'll be better and will show it this year. :twocents:

I sure hope you are right. :D
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

The first game is going to set the tone for the season with a team that's still fairly young and first season QB.

If we come out and knock NIU off in the home opener, we're looking at 6-8 wins. If we get knocked off easily, we're looking at 2-3. If it's a close, grind it out, lowerish (45 or less) total game, we win 4-6.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wyovanian wrote:The first game is going to set the tone for the season with a team that's still fairly young and first season QB.

If we come out and knock NIU off in the home opener, we're looking at 6-8 wins. If we get knocked off easily, we're looking at 2-3. If it's a close, grind it out, lowerish (45 or less) total game, we win 4-6.
I agree.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Buckaroo

If you guys can get off to a good start and build some confidence in what Bohl is trying to do and the team really buys in to his program, I think you might be surprised this year.

7-5 ish.........
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Billy Club
Buckaroo

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It is nice to not have the "must win" games right off the bat. Those FCS losses have killed off any optimism for the season before the smell of a new season wore off. NIU isn't an easy game, and obviously Wyo is the underdog...but a win could really spark optimism that this team/program needs. Even with a loss, that isn't a total killer.

UC-Davis and Eastern Michigan are absolute must-wins. No excuses this time around. 2-2 exiting OOC play is solid, 3-1 is an awesome start...but anything under 2-2 and we're staring at another 2-10/3-9 type season.

Call it a hunch/educated guess. I think CSU is going to be a little worse than even the skeptics expect. Their defense could be horrifyingly bad. That's a possible W. Nevada is a winnable game, as is UNLV.

Utah State has an entirely new staff outside of the HC, and their defense is rebuilding after losing some long-time studs. If I had to pick a game where this team could pull off a surprise, it's that game.

Overall, 2-10 or 3-9 wouldn't stun anyone, but there is upside for a backdoor bowl berth. September will dictate the direction of 2016.