Eddie

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I logged on here expecting to see some news on Eddie Yarbrough. Undrafted Free agent?
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Broncos signed him as an u drafted free agent. Love it
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

303cowboy wrote:Broncos signed him as an u drafted free agent. Love it
If he sticks, he really wouldn't have gone far from home since coming here to play. Lucky guy.

Good luck Eddie!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Cool! Best of luck to him at Denver!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

It's no secret that Eddie wanted to stay in Denver, his uncle is on the staff there. The only debate was if he'd go in the 7th round or sign as a free agent. Good luck, Eddie! His humble, funny personality will make the fans grow fond of him like Nance was able to do.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Tough place to make the roster. Denver is absolutely stacked at Eddies position. Gonna have to grind it out on the practice squad for a while.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

So cool! Good luck Eddie, kick some ass!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

calpoke25 wrote:Tough place to make the roster. Denver is absolutely stacked at Eddies position. Gonna have to grind it out on the practice squad for a while.
I disagree. They're loaded at outside linebacker, not d-end where I think he'll play. Wolfe and crick(now that Jackson left) will start there. The rookie they drafted in the 2nd plays there but is coming off an injury and is likely to miss time which is good news for eddie
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Tough place to make the team. Denver is loaded at that position.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Eddie has a "tweener" size that makes him pretty versatile, if he's able to make a good first impression and willing to spend time on the practice squad he'll see the field. Very happy to see him get the opportunity to play at the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

This is the perfect situation for him... He gets to learn from ware and von... Excellent for Eddie.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Probably a dumb question, but is Eddie related to Ryan?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

303cowboy wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:Tough place to make the roster. Denver is absolutely stacked at Eddies position. Gonna have to grind it out on the practice squad for a while.
I disagree. They're loaded at outside linebacker, not d-end where I think he'll play. Wolfe and crick(now that Jackson left) will start there. The rookie they drafted in the 2nd plays there but is coming off an injury and is likely to miss time which is good news for eddie
I don't think Eddie has the size to play a 5 technique 3-4 end in the NFL like those guys you mention. To me he projects basically as a DeMarcus Ware type.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I really like the guy, but I don't think he has NFL potential. He doesn't have the combination of quickness and strength to make up for his lack of size. He's a tweener and not in a good way. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see it happening.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

calpoke25 wrote:
303cowboy wrote:
I don't think Eddie has the size to play a 5 technique 3-4 end in the NFL like those guys you mention. To me he projects basically as a DeMarcus Ware type.
He weighed in at 270 at his workout in Denver and they had him at end. Wolfe is 285. I bet he can add some more weight too. Probably a little undersized but I think he has a real shot.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

phxpoke wrote:Probably a dumb question, but is Eddie related to Ryan?
Ryan Yarborough.
Eddie Yabrough.

No.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I hope he makes it, but, IMO, his best chance is to land on the practice squad for a year or two and try to develop into an NFL LB. I'm like calpoke, I don't think Eddie can generate a pass rush like a 3-4 DE needs to.

Good luck to him and I hope he sticks on the practice squad or better!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Hooray Eddie, but Denver, LOL
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Happy for Eddie too bad it's in Denver :(
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

I'd be willing to bet that Eddie will follow the same trajectory as Mike Purcell. Stay on the practice squad a few years, then get his shot.