It's time for beer at the War

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Are we going to be the last school in the conference to get it done?
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... 8374198272
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

303cowboy wrote:Are we going to be the last school in the conference to get it done?
Yes. We are.

:thumbdown:

Go Pokes!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

always thought this, it' would stop the sneaking in of the harder alc, and if it had good regulation stopping sales end of 3rd quarter, wristbands etc...2 drink limits at a time, it could and would work
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

This is America, if I want a mixed drink I should be able to get one too!

I guarantee you that people probably wouldn't sneak in a mixer to put in their large drink if you could just go get another beer. They could probably sap another $40 from each red blooded wyomingite at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I remember hearing an interview with Burman when the legislative session was going on and they were worried about the matching funding passing. Burman said if they didn't get the funding they have started looking at other ways to raise money and that included selling alcohol in the stadium. This was in the context of if them not receiving the money but if they were willing to talk about it for that I think they must have had discussions about doing it anyway. NOt saying they will do it anytime soon but I thought the fact they were at least discussing it was a big step from the past.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I don't much care either way.

I'm a semi-professional drinker and event attendee, and I long ago figured out how to be exactly as buzzed as I want to be through a football game or anything else.

But if they want to improve the stadium experience of the unskilled amateurs? Just start winning.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SnowyRange wrote:I don't much care either way.

I'm a semi-professional drinker and event attendee, and I long ago figured out how to be exactly as buzzed as I want to be through a football game or anything else.

But if they want to improve the stadium experience of the unskilled amateurs? Just start winning.
It's true...I have exclusive video of SnowyRange at an Eagles game last year...

SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I yearn to tell my side of that video story, but my lawyer insists that I not comment during litigation.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Money is money right, no matter what the product being sold is, if it adds to your bottom line and revenue why not give it a try, otherwise all that $ goes to the Lil Brown Jug at halftime like usual, LOL
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote:I remember hearing an interview with Burman when the legislative session was going on and they were worried about the matching funding passing. Burman said if they didn't get the funding they have started looking at other ways to raise money and that included selling alcohol in the stadium. This was in the context of if them not receiving the money but if they were willing to talk about it for that I think they must have had discussions about doing it anyway. NOt saying they will do it anytime soon but I thought the fact they were at least discussing it was a big step from the past.
OK, side tangent here.

A top priority of an athletics director is to bring money into the department. Not "well, if the state doesn't give us money, I guess we'll have to raise some ourselves." That's a welfare attitude that needs to stop.

Burman needs to get off his ass and start raising some money. That's not something that should only be delegated.

If beer sales can get you $5 million, but you decide to take the $8 million from the state, you aren't choosing $8 million over $5 million. You're choosing $8 million over $13 million.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Every off season we discuss.

And nothing changes. Just regurgitated lip service.

Wyoming should have made this happen in 1975. Forty years later...uh, nope! We can't have those golly darn kids drinkin beer at the games, they may start another first down M Fer chant...and that just ain't polite and good ol boy like! Granny may fall out her rocker.

Then again, we are good followers...well, average followers. So maybe after all other schools in North America serve beer at their games we will finally consider it.

Ugh.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I just want my hot cup of Chai. Here in America I should be able to have my Chai.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I think most (maybe even all) on-campus stadiums that are on a "dry campus" don't serve alcohol to general admission. I know at my local school which is dry, it isn't served and suiteholders have to pay an extra fee in order to have it in their suites on gamedays.

From what I've read, Wyoming is a dry campus. Have I been misinformed?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

The used to sell beer in the remodeled Union when I was there. Not sure if that has changed, but if they sell it in the Union, not much of a leap to sell it in the War...
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I have been going to games since 1980, and have drank in the stadium the vast majority of those games. I would love to have my money go to UW instead of a liquor store. It's time for a change. Welcome to the 21 st century, UW!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:Every off season we discuss.

And nothing changes. Just regurgitated lip service.

Wyoming should have made this happen in 1975. Forty years later...uh, nope! We can't have those golly darn kids drinkin beer at the games, they may start another first down M Fer chant...and that just ain't polite and good ol boy like! Granny may fall out her rocker.

Then again, we are good followers...well, average followers. So maybe after all other schools in North America serve beer at their games we will finally consider it.

Ugh.
I hate to say it, but maybe all of us should mail our season tickets back to Burman and write a letter to him saying "I'm not attending a game until beer is sold." Then include a picture of CSU season tickets. Show up to all CSU home games in brown and gold drinking beer. Turn our backs on the field (who the hell wants to watch CSU play??)

That would be a hell of a protest - showing up at your rivals home games to not watch the game - but to drink beer - with season tickets.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

The regulation of alcohol sales in the state of Wyoming is one thing that is absolutely holding back not only the Athletic Dept. but also the growth of many towns in Wyoming. We need to get with the times. It blows my mind that there is currently a liquor license for sale in Cheyenne for $200k.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Let's not get too crazy about CSU. They are only looking into it correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

As I said, I don't much care about the issue, and don't think it would make a spot of difference on attendance. Only winning will do that.

It would generate some revenue, absolutely. Maybe -- maybe -- netting us an extra $250K, probably.

But I don't understand this notion that not selling beer makes us backwards. We're in the large majority of colleges that don't sell beer at football games.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
TSpoke wrote:I remember hearing an interview with Burman when the legislative session was going on and they were worried about the matching funding passing. Burman said if they didn't get the funding they have started looking at other ways to raise money and that included selling alcohol in the stadium. This was in the context of if them not receiving the money but if they were willing to talk about it for that I think they must have had discussions about doing it anyway. NOt saying they will do it anytime soon but I thought the fact they were at least discussing it was a big step from the past.
OK, side tangent here.

A top priority of an athletics director is to bring money into the department. Not "well, if the state doesn't give us money, I guess we'll have to raise some ourselves." That's a welfare attitude that needs to stop.

Burman needs to get off his ass and start raising some money. That's not something that should only be delegated.

If beer sales can get you $5 million, but you decide to take the $8 million from the state, you aren't choosing $8 million over $5 million. You're choosing $8 million over $13 million.
The interview/conversation was about receiving the funding from the state and the question was about what would happen if they didn't receive it but I don't believe they were only going to look at it IF we didn't receive the money. I believe they are looking into it. Not sure what they will decide but I believe there have been discussions going on about it regardless of state funding. It was just the context in which the topic was brought up.