CSU new stadium....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:In a time of tightened budgets for the foreseeable future and we are seriously talking about building a dome stadium on campus? Where would this money come from? Hell, the Wildcatter suites are still less than 5 years old. Our donor base has generously stepped up for the past few projects (see the high altitude performance center, AA remodel).

This is just a pointless discussion at this time because there is zero chance. Our legislature will be faced with a damn near miracle of simply balancing the budget as is.
+1
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

CSU found a way to do it without relying on the state legislature. They had an AD who came in and said I will get an on campus stadium built, and he did. He found a way and CSU will be better off for it.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

WyoVaquero wrote:CSU found a way to do it without relying on the state legislature. They had an AD who came in and said I will get an on campus stadium built, and he did. He found a way and CSU will be better off for it.
Spot on.

He also hired a winning football coach, and winning women's basketball coach, upped the salaries of all the above (and more), plus all their staff members (remember Burman saying Wyoming would "never pay a football coach $1,000,000 a year - then 2 years later upped dickface to $1,200,000 just to keep up????). Graham also added several new programs to the athletic group, renovated Moby, etc., without relying on the Colorado state legislature for a dime.

He had a vision, he was a leader, and he made it happen...or laid the groundwork to make it happen. He ruffled feathers, that needed ruffled. Like it or not, CSewe made it happen. Wyoming athletics sat around and worked just as hard as the paycheck needed them to, no more - and probably a lot less. And we uttered the, "hey we are Wyoming, where we do more with less". What a damn joke.

Has our fan base become that complacent and that apathetic??? My gawd, it kind of looks that way. Look at the brochure...it makes me sick that we have fallen that far behind. In just 10 short years. And there is clearly only one person responsible for that.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:
WyoVaquero wrote:CSU found a way to do it without relying on the state legislature. They had an AD who came in and said I will get an on campus stadium built, and he did. He found a way and CSU will be better off for it.
Spot on.

He also hired a winning football coach, and winning women's basketball coach, upped the salaries of all the above (and more), plus all their staff members (remember Burman saying Wyoming would "never pay a football coach $1,000,000 a year - then 2 years later upped dickface to $1,200,000 just to keep up????). Graham also added several new programs to the athletic group, renovated Moby, etc., without relying on the Colorado state legislature for a dime.

He had a vision, he was a leader, and he made it happen...or laid the groundwork to make it happen. He ruffled feathers, that needed ruffled. Like it or not, CSewe made it happen. Wyoming athletics sat around and worked just as hard as the paycheck needed them to, no more - and probably a lot less. And we uttered the, "hey we are Wyoming, where we do more with less". What a damn joke.

Has our fan base become that complacent and that apathetic??? My gawd, it kind of looks that way. Look at the brochure...it makes me sick that we have fallen that far behind. In just 10 short years. And there is clearly only one person responsible for that.
This! :thumb:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote:In a time of tightened budgets for the foreseeable future and we are seriously talking about building a dome stadium on campus? Where would this money come from? Hell, the Wildcatter suites are still less than 5 years old. Our donor base has generously stepped up for the past few projects (see the high altitude performance center, AA remodel).

This is just a pointless discussion at this time because there is zero chance. Our legislature will be faced with a damn near miracle of simply balancing the budget as is.
This is where I am confused. Are we discussing what we should have done in the past or what we should do now? If we are talking about the past then Ok. That is a fun discussion but ultimately means nothing. But if we are talking about what we should do now, the conversation makes no sense. We have recently poured millions of dollars into both the War and the AA but now we should just tear them both down to create a new domed stadium that will bring in a few more thousand people for football games and be an awful setup for basketball(at least compared to the current AA which I love) all at a time when the University is struggling for money. Makes no sense. And even Jack Graham couldn't sell it to the University and City of Laramie or the State. I get the complaints about the current administration but this isn't one of them.

And on a personal note. Iwouldn't want a dome. And it has nothing to do with "Cowboy Tough" rah rah poop. I just don't like watching games in domes. Feels too antiseptic/controlled/boring to me. I like to see the sightlines outside of the stadium and to experience the fall smells and feel the sun and breeze on my face. I understand that when it snows its a bitch but it isn't worth giving up the beautiful fall days to me. :twocents:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

hate to see the ticket prices on this new stadium
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

TSpoke wrote:

This is where I am confused. Are we discussing what we should have done in the past or what we should do now? If we are talking about the past then Ok. That is a fun discussion but ultimately means nothing. But if we are talking about what we should do now, the conversation makes no sense. We have recently poured millions of dollars into both the War and the AA but now we should just tear them both down to create a new domed stadium that will bring in a few more thousand people for football games and be an awful setup for basketball(at least compared to the current AA which I love) all at a time when the University is struggling for money. Makes no sense. And even Jack Graham couldn't sell it to the University and City of Laramie or the State. I get the complaints about the current administration but this isn't one of them.

And on a personal note. Iwouldn't want a dome. And it has nothing to do with "Cowboy Tough" rah rah poop. I just don't like watching games in domes. Feels too antiseptic/controlled/boring to me. I like to see the sightlines outside of the stadium and to experience the fall smells and feel the sun and breeze on my face. I understand that when it snows its a bitch but it isn't worth giving up the beautiful fall days to me. :twocents:
The entire conversation - morphed from comparing what CSewe has done the last 10 years (a poop ton), versus what UW has done the last 10 years (basically nothing)...and then turned into a dome "the war" conversation of sorts. It's all just complete dreaming & speculation.

We all know it will never happen under the current circumstances. And those circumstances I am referring to, in order, would be:

1. The leadership at UW (athletically primarily, but Old Main as well since Dubois)
2. The win / loss ratios of UW programs as a whole
3. The Wyoming economy
4. The fan base that thinks we are "good to go" and don't need change - we have great everything!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...