Found the complete 1987 Holiday Bowl video

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtC6F5Aw6kU

Iowa beat us by a point to end a surprising 10-2 (8-0 WAC) season in Paul Roach's first year as head coach.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i do remember this one, we shoulda got this one
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

I agree. Of the three bowls Paul Roach took the Pokes, we shoulda won two of them.

1987 Holiday vs. Iowa
1990 Copper vs. California

The 1988 Holiday against Okie State was hopeless.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:I agree. Of the three bowls Paul Roach took the Pokes, we shoulda won two of them.

1987 Holiday vs. Iowa

Ya might know, I chose the 1988 Holiday Bowl to go to. :brick:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I agree. Of the three bowls Paul Roach took the Pokes, we shoulda won two of them.

1987 Holiday vs. Iowa

Ya might know, I chose the 1988 Holiday Bowl to go to. :brick:
LOL I'm was so glad we kicked their ass in 1995 in revenge....AND won a $5 bet off a buddy of mine in college (East Central University in Ada, OK). OSU deserved it. 45-25.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

1990 Copper Bowl

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

make me a bit sad we have digressed so much with this program, sigh....sure hope Bohl can turn it around and win some games and get us a decent bowl upcoming, we'll see, 5-7 is a target goal(at least) this fall
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

stymeman wrote:make me a bit sad we have digressed so much with this program, sigh....sure hope Bohl can turn it around and win some games and get us a decent bowl upcoming, we'll see, 5-7 is a target goal(at least) this fall
Makes me mad as hell. 20 years of basically poop football and counting. My all-time favorite spectator sport is a complete poop show.

You have to have a fan base that won't tolerate it though. And we don't. Preaching to the choir. :thumbdown:

Awesome finds though - great memories, but tough to think about somewhat. I went to all.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It is weird watching (and listening) to some of these. They talk about Wyoming like it's a given to put their name next to the power programs in these bowls. Wyoming just looks entirely different on the field. Confident, playing with a purpose.

Hopefully Bohl turns things around. Bought Athlon's annual preview the other day, and the quote in there from an anonymous MW assistant has me a little spooked.

This is an immensely important era. The loyalest of fans are going to reevaluate their fanhood if even Bohl can't turn this program around.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I was at all the Holiday Bowls. The Iowa game hurt. I'll be in Iowa City next year to hope for some revenge.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Bought Athlon's annual preview the other day, and the quote in there from an anonymous MW assistant has me a little spooked.
What was that?
Dear Karma,

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote:
stymeman wrote:make me a bit sad we have digressed so much with this program, sigh....sure hope Bohl can turn it around and win some games and get us a decent bowl upcoming, we'll see, 5-7 is a target goal(at least) this fall
Makes me mad as hell. 20 years of basically poop football and counting. My all-time favorite spectator sport is a complete poop show.

You have to have a fan base that won't tolerate it though. And we don't. Preaching to the choir. :thumbdown:

Awesome finds though - great memories, but tough to think about somewhat. I went to all.
It makes me sick to look back and see how dominate not only football was but basketball too. What the f-word happened. We should have rode that success straight to the P5. We need to wake up...NOW!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Bought Athlon's annual preview the other day, and the quote in there from an anonymous MW assistant has me a little spooked.
What was that?
Sorry, was not at home where the magazine is when I posted that. Verbatim...

"Their whole thing is being disciplined, but the league is disciplined so I don't know how that approach is going to win games" - An opposing MW assistant coach
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

J-Rod wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
What was that?

"Their whole thing is being disciplined, but the league is disciplined so I don't know how that approach is going to win games" - An opposing MW assistant coach
So an anonymous mw assistant said that a team with tons of underclassmen was undisciplined? Stop the presses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
What was that?

So an anonymous mw assistant said that a team with tons of underclassmen was undisciplined? Stop the presses!
I took it as...some non-Wyoming MWC assistant, when speaking about Wyoming - stated that the whole foundation of Wyoming's current staff (and way of coaching) is to coach disciplined football (3 yards and a cloud of dust / smash mouth football) first, foremost, and only. You know, Cowboy Tough! War Daddy!

And that the anonymous assistant fired off that all teams are that way in the MWC, they are all "Cowboy Tough," so in order to win in the MWC (according to said assistant), you have to have "more" than that. Basically that he thought 'Ol Bohly's philosophy of smash-mouth football, wouldn't bring much success. I could be totally wrong, but that is how I took the comment.
Dear Karma,

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

McPeachy wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
What was that?

I took it as...some non-Wyoming MWC assistant, when speaking about Wyoming - stated that the whole foundation of Wyoming's current staff (and way of coaching) is to coach disciplined football (3 yards and a cloud of dust / smash mouth football) first, foremost, and only. You know, Cowboy Tough! War Daddy!

And that the anonymous assistant fired off that all teams are that way in the MWC, they are all "Cowboy Tough," so in order to win in the MWC (according to said assistant), you have to have "more" than that. Basically that he thought 'Ol Bohly's philosophy of smash-mouth football, wouldn't bring much success. I could be totally wrong, but that is how I took the comment.
Ahhh, so "we need to be disciplined to win" mantra but everyone is disciplined so what's the separation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
What was that?

Ahhh, so "we need to be disciplined to win" mantra but everyone is disciplined so what's the separation
Ya...maybe it was brought up as to Bohly's tenure at NDSU more than anything. NDSU worked...as you can smash-mouth your way into a championship cycle there, and have much more of an opportunity to create an uneven "playing field", than say, at Wyoming.
Dear Karma,