DOME THE WAR? GTFOH!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

If you have to sit out in the cold to prove you are a real fan or that you are tough, then you probably aren't really from Wyoming, haven't lived in Wyoming long, or don't partake in normal Wyoming activities. A good percentage of the population freeze their ass off much of the year for work, play, high school sports, etc. Wyoming folks don't need to show how tough they are or how good of fan they are by freezing their ass off through a WYO football game.

A dome won't make us better, but neither will an outdoor stadium. Environment is what the administration, fans, and players make it. Not the weather. Talk about places like Green Bay and the environment adding to the home field atmosphere? Well, keep in mind, GB has had something like 2 games where the temps were below 0.

Laramie is different beast than anywhere else. http://www.alexlamers.com/2013/09/09/co ... imatology/

I'm with McPeachy, if the funds were available, a dome would increase attendance. Real WYO folks freeze their ass off enough in the real world. Give them a little comfort on the weekend vacation to catch a POKES game. So what if it pisses off a few WYO amateurs who think they are tough for enduring WYO weather a few short hours 4 or 5 times a year like some damn polar bear swimming club.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

It maybe would help attendance, but I don't think the difference would be large. What matters at the end of the day is the product on the field. That's what's going to get butts in the seats.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:If you have to sit out in the cold to prove you are a real fan or that you are tough, then you probably aren't really from Wyoming, haven't lived in Wyoming long, or don't partake in normal Wyoming activities. A good percentage of the population freeze their ass off much of the year for work, play, high school sports, etc. Wyoming folks don't need to show how tough they are or how good of fan they are by freezing their ass off through a WYO football game.

A dome won't make us better, but neither will an outdoor stadium. Environment is what the administration, fans, and players make it. Not the weather. Talk about places like Green Bay and the environment adding to the home field atmosphere? Well, keep in mind, GB has had something like 2 games where the temps were below 0.

Laramie is different beast than anywhere else. http://www.alexlamers.com/2013/09/09/co ... imatology/

I'm with McPeachy, if the funds were available, a dome would increase attendance. Real WYO folks freeze their ass off enough in the real world. Give them a little comfort on the weekend vacation to catch a POKES game. So what if it pisses off a few WYO amateurs who think they are tough for enduring WYO weather a few short hours 4 or 5 times a year like some damn polar bear swimming club.
I agree that we hold that distinction in college football, but I assure you that Green Bay beats Laramie when it comes to cold games. It helps that they have game in December and January. The coldest I have ever been at a football game was in Green Bay, and I've been to a lot of games in Laramie.

But I absolutely agree with you when you say this:
Environment is what the administration, fans, and players make it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I doubt Green Bay beats Laramie if Wyoming played the same time of year as the packers. Can you imagine December and January games in Laramie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I agrree that December and January games would make it closer. It would certainly be interesting to compare, Laramie has that wind, but Green Bay is humid, average humidity in GB during December is between 60 and 90%.
Arthur Fonzerelli
Buckaroo

GUSY WHILL SOMEONE BYE ME A BEER IN DA DOME!!!! WAHOOOO!!! WAHOOOO!!! I can't wAIT for SEASONS. Change the TAMBORAIY!!!