DOME THE WAR? GTFOH!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Stop it!

Cut it out NOW!

Have some of you people lost your minds?

Dome The War?

The War?

OUR WAR?

I'm begging someone to please check the water supply here in the cowboy state because a few people have been infected with stupid pills running out of their kitchen faucets.

Story link here: http://pokesradio.com/
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I don't always agree with your takes, Dino, but I admire your passion for the Pokes and the University of Wyoming.

You're spot on with this one though!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

FFS. Another thread on a dead topic.

It isn't going to happen. Plain and simple (if you read the other 2 threads on the topic, I give my opinions why, but it isn't a secret - everyone get's it).

That said, personally, I would love for UW to have a state of the art, retractable roof dome, to play in (and accommodate other sports in as well). And I think that, unless your ass has been planted there going on 40+ years - 6 games per year, you should stifle. Yes, unless you have been there & done that, your opinion doesn't matter on the subject. Nothing personal.

:rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I don't want to dome the war, I want a hole new facility. It would probably cost more to dome the war than build a new facility anyway. Typical wyo fan, with an archaic mentality. We know know it isn't going to happen, but it should have happened. This poop gets old, maybe it isn't burman, maybe its him having to change the minds of our fans and donors who think that beating CSU is a great season. CSU doesn't even give a poop about beating us anyways, thats how far we have fallen. its only gonna get worse when their stadium is built.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:FFS. Another thread on a dead topic.

It isn't going to happen. Plain and simple (if you read the other 2 threads on the topic, I give my opinions why, but it isn't a secret - everyone get's it).

That said, personally, I would love for UW to have a state of the art, retractable roof dome, to play in (and accommodate other sports in as well). And I think that, unless your ass has been planted there going on 40+ years - 6 games per year, you should stifle. Yes, unless you have been there & done that, your opinion doesn't matter on the subject. Nothing personal.

So one needs to be a 40+ year fan to have a legitimate opinion on this topic? Interesting. So this will be my 14th year of going to The War to watch the Pokes play. 26 more years I'll write about this topic again.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WyoVaquero wrote:I don't want to dome the war, I want a hole new facility. It would probably cost more to dome the war than build a new facility anyway. Typical wyo fan, with an archaic mentality. We know know it isn't going to happen, but it should have happened. This poop gets old, maybe it isn't burman, maybe its him having to change the minds of our fans and donors who think that beating CSU is a great season. CSU doesn't even give a poop about beating us anyways, thats how far we have fallen. its only gonna get worse when their stadium is built.
And what would a brand new facility accomplish? In order to build a legit, roofed facility would cost at LEAST $250 million. OR...we could throw that money in to coaches salaries and recruiting budget and essentially double the football budget for the next decade, that would do a lot more towards winning and improved attendance than a new stadium ever would.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
WyoVaquero wrote:I don't want to dome the war, I want a hole new facility. It would probably cost more to dome the war than build a new facility anyway. Typical wyo fan, with an archaic mentality. We know know it isn't going to happen, but it should have happened. This poop gets old, maybe it isn't burman, maybe its him having to change the minds of our fans and donors who think that beating CSU is a great season. CSU doesn't even give a poop about beating us anyways, thats how far we have fallen. its only gonna get worse when their stadium is built.
And what would a brand new facility accomplish? In order to build a legit, roofed facility would cost at LEAST $250 million. OR...we could throw that money in to coaches salaries and recruiting budget and essentially double the football budget for the next decade, that would do a lot more towards winning and improved attendance than a new stadium ever would.
I agree with WestWYOPoke. Win FIRST then get the new stadium. Makes more sense anyhow.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Not only all that you said, WWP, but my point is that the last thing our football program needs is any kind of a new stadium. The War is more than fine and over the next few years with the additions being made to it it will get only better.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Yabadabadoo wrote:

So one needs to be a 40+ year fan to have a legitimate opinion on this topic? Interesting. So this will be my 14th year of going to The War to watch the Pokes play. 26 more years I'll write about this topic again.
To answer your question...legitimate opinion...correct. If you haven't had your ass frozen, burned, wind-blown, rained on, hailed on, snowed on, etc., there for any significant amount of time, year in - year out, I question the validity of your opinion on the topic of "a covered state of the art facility for Wyoming football."

Also - I call BS on your being IN The War and IN the stands, for the past 13 years, 6 games (or so) per year. So again, your opinion on the topic is...as you put...not legitimate. Great to have you as a fan, certainly, the more the better. But stick to what you know of, you are a smart man, surely you get that.

Lastly - the point is mute. Not ever going to happen with our way of thinking (small time), lack of inspiration / vision from the top, and current state financial woes.
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:

To answer your question...legitimate opinion...correct. If you haven't had your ass frozen, burned, wind-blown, rained on, hailed on, snowed on, etc., there for any significant amount of time, year in - year out, I question the validity of your opinion on the topic of "a covered state of the art facility for Wyoming football."

Also - I call BS on your being IN The War and IN the stands, for the past 13 years, 6 games (or so) per year. So again, your opinion on the topic is...as you put...not legitimate. Great to have you as a fan, certainly, the more the better. But stick to what you know of, you are a smart man, surely you get that.

Lastly - the point is mute. Not ever going to happen with our way of thinking (small time), lack of inspiration / vision from the top, and current state financial woes.
Moot. The point is moot.

What is an acceptable length of time before you can speak on behalf of the University? Is it like 0-15 years, shut your damn mouth. 15+ years and you've been bestowed the honor of having an opinion? Is there some kind of ceremony celebrating your reaching Opinion-hood?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:

Moot. The point is moot.

What is an acceptable length of time before you can speak on behalf of the University? Is it like 0-15 years, shut your damn mouth. 15+ years and you've been bestowed the honor of having an opinion? Is there some kind of ceremony celebrating your reaching Opinion-hood?
Moot / Mute - good catch. :thumb:

To answer your question...depends. I never would think my personal opinion would mean anything if that opinion was afforded / speaking of a topic I had no experience with. Case in point, if you have never been in The War (even if you have been a fan for 100 years), you may not have the "experiences" to provide a decent opinion about the facility, it's plusses and minuses, etc.

In fact, if I didn't have an understanding / knowledge of something, I probably wouldn't have an opinion worth much, and would just keep my f-word mouth shut and let people that have experience in the matter take aim and fire.
Dear Karma,

Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:

Dear McPeach: You doth protest a bit too much amigo. I find your answers to reek of an arrogance unbecoming someone of your stature.

You calling poop on me is laughable. Meaning, what? That because I'm sitting in a warm & cozy press box watching the games at The War means I cannot compete with your fandom? Because I watch the game from a press box perch it somehow means I am less of a fan than you are? All of this might be true...if I ever sat in the press box for a single game I've seen at The War over the last 15 years. On the contrary, you apparently are not smart enough (thanks for the praise concerning my intellect btw) to qualify my location within the stadium before you publish such rubbish and attempt to take the moral high ground with me.

Since 2002 through dozens of games I have sat my ass outside with the great unwashed such as yourself. Often times I wasn't even sitting down as I'd take in the game from the sidelines.

I've been rained on, snowed on, felt the chill of the Wyoming wind in my face, and generally can recall a number of games where my ass was as frozen as yours apparently was.

You have me on years accrued, of course, my 15 versus your apparent 40. Other than that your hostile tone with me comes across as puffed up and overly pompous.

Tap the brakes my friend, I'm in this with you, a fan, writing as a fan, with no less passion for the brown and gold as you yourself.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Mcpeachy, I agree with you . The lack of vision is Sad. some fans do not get it and never will. Success at Wyoming like every school has its challenges, but it is sad when our own fans are part of that challenge.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

This!
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

if beer sales said sell our products then we'll see about helping with a dome, but it's a pipe dream, sure it'd be nice, but Cowboy Tough wouldn't be a mantra we can live by as easily if doming the War
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:if beer sales said sell our products then we'll see about helping with a dome, but it's a pipe dream, sure it'd be nice, but Cowboy Tough wouldn't be a mantra we can live by as easily if doming the War
The single most misunderstood part of the Bohl regime by fans. People are blowing up the Cowboy Tough to something way bigger than it ever was...
breakingtherock
Buckaroo

I played in the war. Bled, sweated. poop some times I got my ass kicked so bad in there by other teams and sometimes teamsters in practice I cried.
Going to a role would be soft. And it would go against anything cowboy tough that was ever said. You okay 6 games outside a year. Big fn deal. There is a dome, a practice facility for the rest of the year.
If you want a dome then you don't want that home field advantage.
I'll be ashamed if I come visit to watch a game every year and see a dome. Cowboy tough will become cowboy soft
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Going inside does not make a team no longer tough. Toughness is about attitude. If a player needs to be outdoors to play football with toughness and an attitude, then maybe said player is not as tough as he thinks.
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Hard to be Cowboy tough when you're getting butt-f-word by Boise State, CSU, Utah State, SDSU, and soon to be Northern Illinois. Everything at UW is a pipe dream.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Mr.Large wrote:Hard to be Cowboy tough when you're getting butt-f-word by Boise State, CSU, Utah State, SDSU, and soon to be Northern Illinois. Everything at UW is a pipe dream.
We'll have to do something about that then - huh!
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.