C.J. Jennings Transferring to SIU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Just caught this in the Boomerang. Anyone know anything about this? He got pretty high praise coming out of Spring ball...

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 44f1b.html
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

This one hurts
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

This is just more of us rebuilding the right way. Gotta get worse before you can get better.

I'm sure we'll hear plenty of "good riddance" instead of looking internally as to why. D1 starters don't just leave for 1AA.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:This is just more of us rebuilding the right way. Gotta get worse before you can get better.

I'm sure we'll hear plenty of "good riddance" instead of looking internally as to why. D1 starters don't just leave for 1AA.
He's from Florida, so I don't think this was a move to be closer to home. Once again, we get "personal reasons" for the departure. Something just might be rotten in Denmark. By September we will know for sure.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

So, he didn't transfer for playing time either since he was listed as the starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:He's from Florida, so I don't think this was a move to be closer to home.
Last I checked, Illinois is closer to Florida than Wyoming is.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:He's from Florida, so I don't think this was a move to be closer to home.
My point was that if he wanted to get closer to home, there are plenty of FCS programs that are closer to Florida and in warmer climates than Illinois. My biggest question is why go from a FBS starter to an FCS school that still is a long ways from home? I know you are a huge fan of Bohl and his system, but this defection raises more than a few red flags for me.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

There has to be more to the story. I don't care who you play for, you don't leave a situation where you're starting.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

CowboyNV wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
My point was that if he wanted to get closer to home, there are plenty of FCS programs that are closer to Florida and in warmer climates than Illinois. My biggest question is why go from a FBS starter to an FCS school that still is a long ways from home? I know you are a huge fan of Bohl and his system, but this defection raises more than a few red flags for me.
What a bunch of Chicken f''kin' Littles around here. There is absolutely ZERO to indicate his issue(s) were with Bohl, the staff, or the team. For all we know, some little tomato he grew up with is attending SIU and SIU was willing to take him as a transfer. Could be he's got family there. Could be he's just not happy in Laradise. Could be he's dealing with myriad personal issues and the pressure of an FBS program and classes was too much. Could be a lot of things, and there's nothing to indicate it was because of some sort of failure on Bohl or the program's part no more than there's anything to indicate he is following his heart and nothing more.

To say this "...raises more than a few red flags..." is simply over-reactive, thin-skinned, kicked-dog sensitivity...
Last edited by Wyovanian on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This sucks. I had high hopes for C.J. Fortunately this is one of the few positions that we can absorb a loss like this.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
What a bunch of Chicken f''kin' Littles around here. There is absolutely ZERO to indicate his issue(s) were with Bohl, the staff, or the team. For all we know, some little tomato he grew up with is attending SIU and SIU was willing to take him as a transfer. Could be he's got family there. Could be he's just not happy in Laradise. Could be he's dealing with myriad personal issues and the pressure of an FBS program and classes was too much. Could be a lot of things, and there's nothing to indicate it was because of some sort of failure on Bohl or the program's part no more than there's anything to indicate he is following his heart and nothing more.

To say this "...raises more than a few red flags..." is simply over-reactive, thin-skinned, kicked-dog sensitivity...
You're spot on Wyovanian. There is nothing here
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

this sucks, but glad he can't play right away for the Salukis as we play them early this year
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

stymeman wrote:this sucks, but glad he can't play right away for the Salukis as we play them early this year
We play Northern Illinois this year. He's transferring to Southern Illinois. Same state, different universities.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Every comment has been a train wreck in this thread.

Good luck CJ. Next.
Hampshire
Ranch Hand

They leave for reasons that is specific to wyoming, now you fill in the blanks.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Best of luck to him at SIU. Thankfully this is happening during the offseason so we don't have anything else to discuss and we can overreact and speculate about everything attrition related.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors! Sometimes things aren't a fit. Not a huge deal unless there is some sort of mas exodus. Hell, kids decide that a place isn't for them all the time football or otherwise. Damn, working people do too. I just took a bit of a leap and hope it works out. I work my ass off, but if it don't work, it don't work. I blame nobody but will look for something different. The symptom of bad leadership is numerous defections by good people. A good person leaving doesn't mean bad leadership or a bad person that is leaving. He didn't throw anyone under the bus and the coaches didn't throw him under the bus.

Best of luck to him and can't wait to see what next man up can do!!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Jennings, a former Orlando Jones defensive back and track speedster, saw limited playing time at Wyoming his first two seasons, one of which was a redshirt year, and he was looking for more playing time as well as a chance to get a little closer to home. He came out of spring football as starting cornerback at Wyoming, but he had already made his decision to move on.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... olumn.html
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Jennings, a former Orlando Jones defensive back and track speedster, saw limited playing time at Wyoming his first two seasons, one of which was a redshirt year, and he was looking for more playing time as well as a chance to get a little closer to home. He came out of spring football as starting cornerback at Wyoming, but he had already made his decision to move on.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... olumn.html
Ouch. That makes quite the statement.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...