CST article on athletics budget cuts

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I can see the writing on the wall for Burman in the next 3-5 years
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Prior to (the NCAA’s deregulation of nutrition), we’d maybe have one meal a day during preseason and then we’d give them a stipend to go eat on their own,” Burman said. “Well, you know what happens then. They go to Taco John’s. ... Now, we feed them more, but a good meal. Chicken breast, broccoli, potatoes. You’re talking, catered in, it’s $20 a kid. $20 a kid times 100 kids times seven days a week, that’s just one meal.”
They are catering the meals? If so, thats a big waste. You should be able to feed them 3 meals a day for less than $20 by doing it in house, buying in bulk, etc.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

They are catering the meals?
I think the point was was you can either pay a stipend or, if you want to provide good food in a controlled environment, you either cater it in or do what we're doing, which is spending real money on an in-house nutrition/meals facility.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Catering probably means they are using university food services. Though a university entity, they still charge the athletic department for the service. Essentially, it is shuffling money within the university system. Ironically, it would likely be cheaper to contact private caterers but probably against university procedures.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.