POKES WILL BE UNIFORMLY BETTER IN 2016

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

You forgot about Valparaiso, they also wear brown and gold. Their gold is similar to our current one. Western Michigan is closer to the "prairie gold" we used before
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

White is not one of our colors. White helmets look stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:You forgot about Valparaiso, they also wear brown and gold. Their gold is similar to our current one. Western Michigan is closer to the "prairie gold" we used before
Thanks for the clarification - appreciated!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Now that I think about it, B&G is also worn in a different variation by Bowling Green as well - no?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Yabadabadoo wrote:Now that I think about it, B&G is also worn in a different variation by Bowling Green as well - no?
They're orange and brown. Watching us play them a few years ago made me think I needed a new TV lol
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I always find it ironic that they put black visors on the players when they pose for the pictures, yet they can't wear those during the season as they are illegal. I wonder why they even have the black visors on hand.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

laxwyo wrote:White is not one of our colors. White helmets look stupid!
I love the white helmets besides we had them when we were actually good. 1987-90...remember those years?! I'll admit we had bad year in 1989 but still....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Yellow pants at home got to go!!. ugly as poop home combination of colors. Pants should be white at home and brown or/white pants should be on the road. yellow pants should actually be gone altogether. The pants from the early 90s with the stripes were best.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

WyoVaquero wrote:Yellow pants at home got to go!!. ugly as poop home combination of colors. Pants should be white at home and brown or/white pants should be on the road. yellow pants should actually be gone altogether. The pants from the early 90s with the stripes were best.
Uniforms and logos are one of the most subjective things you can possibly bring into the arena of debate. For the record, there isn't anything 'yellow' about our pants, either at home or on the road. They're GOLD, baby...'Gameday Gold'.

I happen to like the gold pants particularly with the brown jersey tops at home. On the road, I like them as well, although I wouldn't mind an all-white uniform for selected road games.

Brown & Gold. I have no idea what this 'yellow' talk is all about.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I wish they would bring back the good ol' license plates too:

Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

WyoBrandX wrote:I wish they would bring back the good ol' license plates too:

Bang! Absolutely on this one!

Where do I sign up?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:White is not one of our colors. White helmets look stupid.
Are you against the white uniforms too? After all, it's not a school color.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Ya know, I've always thought our uniforms should be more.... cowboyish.

The brown should be a darker shade, like a leather saddle. The pants should be have a two toned look reminiscent of chaps over pants, with the chaps portion being that leather brown look. The helmet should match, maybe even not have a steamboat, looking like a cowboys Stetson. Have the logo on the back of the uniform, and on the outsides of the knee and shoulders. The front of the jersey could have a duster look. Shrink the size of the front number, put it where a deputy's star would go. The gold would be the offset to the brown, with highlights being in the neutral colors, like white or black.

Have a fabric waist portion that looks like a cowboys belt buckle, with TOUGH stitched in.

Just do our own thing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
laxwyo wrote:White is not one of our colors. White helmets look stupid.
Are you against the white uniforms too? After all, it's not a school color.
I think we're forced to wear white with the whole home and away thing. The helmet has no bearing on this and you could even say a colored helmet is traditional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

WyoVaquero wrote:Yellow pants at home got to go!!. ugly as poop home combination of colors. Pants should be white at home and brown or/white pants should be on the road. yellow pants should actually be gone altogether. The pants from the early 90s with the stripes were best.
:thumbdown: Gold pants are awesome.
WyoBrandX wrote:I wish they would bring back the good ol' license plates too:

I think its next year they are changing the UW plates from brown to this combo. I will be getting one as soon as I can.
carbonpoke wrote:Ya know, I've always thought our uniforms should be more.... cowboyish.

The brown should be a darker shade, like a leather saddle. The pants should be have a two toned look reminiscent of chaps over pants, with the chaps portion being that leather brown look. The helmet should match, maybe even not have a steamboat, looking like a cowboys Stetson. Have the logo on the back of the uniform, and on the outsides of the knee and shoulders. The front of the jersey could have a duster look. Shrink the size of the front number, put it where a deputy's star would go. The gold would be the offset to the brown, with highlights being in the neutral colors, like white or black.

Have a fabric waist portion that looks like a cowboys belt buckle, with TOUGH stitched in.

Just do our own thing.
In my opinion that would be way to gimmicky. I would not like that at all.

You know it must be the offseason. We are having in depth conversations about uniforms. HAHA
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:I always find it ironic that they put black visors on the players when they pose for the pictures, yet they can't wear those during the season as they are illegal. I wonder why they even have the black visors on hand.
They just do his for photos so the photo isn't about the individual player. In essence, blurring out their face.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:I always find it ironic that they put black visors on the players when they pose for the pictures, yet they can't wear those during the season as they are illegal. I wonder why they even have the black visors on hand.
They just do his for photos so the photo isn't about the individual player. In essence, blurring out their face.
Yeah, I figured as much. Only thing is that they usually get some of our better players or captains to be the models for the pictures, so why not show their faces, kind of a perk for working hard and representing UW. Of course, there could always be the whole monetary profit from likeness argument then; suppose that makes that less of an argument.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
So why doesn't Bohl wear dark sunglasses for the schedule posters? Hmm...
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
So why doesn't Bohl wear dark sunglasses for the schedule posters? Hmm...
Because he is compensated with a paycheck and it is a part of his contract.