Recap and see you next time at CIC--August 27

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Recap: Outstanding turnout his morning at our Cowboys in Colorado breakfast. 55+ local Cowboy fans in attendance to listen to Tracy Ringolsby ( wyopoke) with his insight into the upcoming fall schedule. Certainly welcoming 7 former Cowboys from the 1970 to 1973 seasons was great to listen to their football lore from that era. The commitment of Coach Bohl in building a solid program was reviewed with the emphasis of high school players rather than wholesale attention to filling the program with JUCO players.

Conrad Dobler was most gracious with photo ops and autographs for all those in attendance.

New faces, etc: Lots of new faces at this breakfast and it is great to see a rotation of attendees coming for the event. A couple from the motherland discussed on how they could start a similar event in their hometown.

Former Cowboys at the breakfast: Steve Cockreham, Stephen Brown, Marty Grey, Dennis Barnett, Conrad Dobler and Carl Christensen.

Lets not forget: The result that Chuck Harkins with Casper Star Tribune forcast in his article prior to the game in 1972 comes true: Lets not forget that special day that Steve Cockreham had vs. Arizona State in 1972. The Arizona State Sun Devils were in the top-10. QB Cockreham ran the option all game long. It worked, as the Cowboys edged the Sun Devils 45-43. Cocreham played his high school football in Lusk, Wyoming.If i recall Wyoming was a 35+ underdog that day.

Update on facilities: Excellent update on the funding at UW with the football and basketball programs helping the other sports with the positive cash flow. The benefits of the 24/7 fueling facility to the athletes, the new video boards and the benefit that we will see with the HAPC. The scoreboard being installed will be the biggest in the conference. Corner ribbon boards nearly finished.

Thorn in the side: From good source this breakfast has become a thorn in the side with the local Rams' athletic admin with it being held in the shadows of the sheepdom. Excellent!!

Next time: Next breakfast set for August 27 at Johnson's Corner at 8:00 a.m.

Quote of the morning: I always knew that everyone would rather be a Cowboy than a sheep.

Cowboys in Colorado: www.cowboysincolorado.com and on Facebook "Our license plates may be green, but we will always wear Brown & Gold."
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Great stuff! Every time a Sheep is disappointed, an Angel gets his wings...or in this case, a Cowboy gets a new brown and gold polo shirt.

Thanks for the updates.
Vancopoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Thank you for posting, Douglaspoke.

I still have a program from the 1972 ASU-Wyoming game that my brother gave me. A number of the ASU players from that team had long NFL careers so the talent level between the two squads was significant. Believe this is the game that prompted the comment from the legendary ASU coach, Frank Kush, that he would rather have guts than talent any day.