Pokes get verbal from Torrington star

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Solid in-state verbal commitment. Torrington always has a lot of big kids, if they've got a little talent and are coachable, they fit the mold.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Awesome. Congrats on being the first one, Logan!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Great addition IMO. This is the type of kid that will be a difference maker for Wyoming football.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Good pick up. Always nice to see a local kid get a shot.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Welcome aboard Logan!

Semi-unrelated, our new beat writer has been great! A bit of a dork on Twitter, but he's been putting out some solid stuff despite it being the offseason. Much improved over last summer, IMO
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

McPeachy wrote:Great addition IMO. This is the type of kid that will be a difference maker for Wyoming football.
I don't know much about him and hope this to be true...but his other offers were from Rocky Mountain College and Carroll College.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

cali2wyo wrote:Welcome aboard Logan!

Semi-unrelated, our new beat writer has been great! A bit of a dork on Twitter, but he's been putting out some solid stuff despite it being the offseason. Much improved over last summer, IMO
Agree. He must have gotten the memo to hit the ground running or face the wrath and scorn of Wyonation
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Great addition IMO. This is the type of kid that will be a difference maker for Wyoming football.
I don't know much about him and hope this to be true...but his other offers were from Rocky Mountain College and Carroll College.
Ya...I saw that. And I guess I probably should have put it a bit differently (than "difference maker"). But a hometown kid, with so much pride for (and within) the state he lives and loves, and some natural athletic ability with good size, reminds me of the Dave Edeen type recruit.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Ya...I saw that. And I guess I probably should have put it a bit differently (than "difference maker"). But a hometown kid, with so much pride for (and within) the state he lives and loves, and some natural athletic ability with good size, reminds me of the Dave Edeen type recruit.
I wonder how much exposure he got at Torrington. Hopefully we're getting a kid who no one saw - ever - and dropped into our laps as a gift.

Or

Bohl is tired of turning linebackers into d-lineman and saw this guy as functional at d-1.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This kid is so big he doesn't fit in the pictures!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Lest we forget that UW rarely gets recruits with lots of stars. I am seeing players like Logan Wilson (considered "undersized" when recruited) come in and making a difference for the Pokes. Wingard, if I remember, had interest from North Dakota and not much more?

I give Bohl credit for finding the undervalued guys.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

He's quite a bit taller than his old man.

That's the hope for all our sons - to be a little bigger, taller, faster and more handsome than their fathers.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Lest we forget that UW rarely gets recruits with lots of stars. I am seeing players like Logan Wilson (considered "undersized" when recruited) come in and making a difference for the Pokes. Wingard, if I remember, had interest from North Dakota and not much more?

Something to watch out for...

Recruiting services (Rivals, 247, etc) often amend their grades on a prospect based on who is recruiting them. If a program keeps finding these "undervalued" types, these sites pick up on that and will likely boost a player's grade if a specific school offers them. I've seen it before over here in Minnesota, and I wouldn't be surprised if that started happening once Boise State came onto the national scene.

If Bohl keeps hitting on these kids (Hill, Wingard, Granderson, etc), you may start to see a similar bump when Wyoming offers a kid in the future.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:
djm19 wrote:Lest we forget that UW rarely gets recruits with lots of stars. I am seeing players like Logan Wilson (considered "undersized" when recruited) come in and making a difference for the Pokes. Wingard, if I remember, had interest from North Dakota and not much more?

Recruiting services (Rivals, 247, etc) often amend their grades on a prospect based on who is recruiting them. If a program keeps finding these "undervalued" types, these sites pick up on that and will likely boost a player's grade if a specific school offers them. I've seen it before over here in Minnesota, and I wouldn't be surprised if that started happening once Boise State came onto the national scene.

If Bohl keeps hitting on these kids (Hill, Wingard, Granderson, etc), you may start to see a similar bump when Wyoming offers a kid in the future.
I'd just be happy if recruiting services stop lowering a recruit's grade when they commit to us. Baby steps, Josh.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:

I'd just be happy if recruiting services stop lowering a recruit's grade when they commit to us. Baby steps, Josh.
:)

Image[/URL
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Whoa, whoa, whoa...since when has a recruit ever gotten a bump because Minnesota is recruiting them?? 1943?!?!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

in state recruits rock!!!!