Pokes get verbal from Torrington star

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Nice, Buffalo is playing Torrington tonight, will be watching for this guy. Looking forward to seeing him in the brown and gold.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WTF?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Expat_Poke wrote:Nice, Buffalo is playing Torrington tonight, will be watching for this guy. Looking forward to seeing him in the brown and gold.
Really good impression when I saw him weeks ago. Played C and NT and went sideline to sideline. I get that it's Wyoming 3 A but still impressive mobility and motor. Is he now being looked at as DT or still OL?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote:in state recruits rock!!!!
Highest success rate of any states recruits prob by miles right? I would love to see lists of the last 20 signed players by state. Wyomings would have double digits 3/4 year starters on there. Most other states prob wouldn't have double digit starters.

Bramlet - wheatland- all time passing leader school history/NFL
McGuffey- riverton- 4 year starter/all conference candidate
Jacque Finn- Casper 4 year starter? Could've played on those good bball teams
Adams- Laramie big body. Graduate/4 year letterman
Tom Vincint- riverton- played/started prob games
Corey Bramlet- stud
Wendling- rock springs- athletic freak/nfl
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl
Austin hall- Sheridan- played/started 3/4 years
Pauley- green river/ huge recruit. Washed out
Glen Rock big TE- washed out
Buffalo OL- played/started
The 2 Casper NC guys- playing/starting as so and rfr

I'm Prob missing a handful of washouts and maybe some other good ones. But Wyoming signing Wyoming players to scholarships has had remarkable results. That's like over 80% graduate/80% big contributors on the field. Does any other state have half as good of results?
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:He's quite a bit taller than his old man.

That's the hope for all our sons - to be a little bigger, taller, faster and more handsome than their fathers.
My son... bigger, taller, yes. faster and more handsome... nah he's screwed. :lol:

I will say I was impressed with Logan Harris when I watched him a few weeks ago. Good size yes, but his mobility and effort is what really stood out.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
jarhead
Ranch Hand

I coached against Torrington and Logan a few weeks ago and I am telling you he is the real deal. I was impressed with his poise and ability to get to the football. We schemed many ways to keep him neutralized and of course none of them worked. Coach Leinhart at one point stood him up and moved him off of the ball so he could scrape to the ball better and avoid the three players we had put on him. I think he will be a nice addition to the Pokes. Not to mention he is a great kid; humble and hard working!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

jarhead wrote:I coached against Torrington and Logan a few weeks ago and I am telling you he is the real deal. I was impressed with his poise and ability to get to the football. We schemed many ways to keep him neutralized and of course none of them worked. Coach Leinhart at one point stood him up and moved him off of the ball so he could scrape to the ball better and avoid the three players we had put on him. I think he will be a nice addition to the Pokes. Not to mention he is a great kid; humble and hard working!
Thanks for the report Jarhead. What position to you think he would be best suited for in college?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Highest success rate of any states recruits prob by miles right? I would love to see lists of the last 20 signed players by state. Wyomings would have double digits 3/4 year starters on there. Most other states prob wouldn't have double digit starters.

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

I'm Prob missing a handful of washouts and maybe some other good ones. But Wyoming signing Wyoming players to scholarships has had remarkable results. That's like over 80% graduate/80% big contributors on the field. Does any other state have half as good of results?

No Willie Wright- Riverton-WAC all conference- NFL
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
djm19 wrote:Lest we forget that UW rarely gets recruits with lots of stars. I am seeing players like Logan Wilson (considered "undersized" when recruited) come in and making a difference for the Pokes. Wingard, if I remember, had interest from North Dakota and not much more?

I give Bohl credit for finding the undervalued guys.
Something to watch out for...

Recruiting services (Rivals, 247, etc) often amend their grades on a prospect based on who is recruiting them. If a program keeps finding these "undervalued" types, these sites pick up on that and will likely boost a player's grade if a specific school offers them. I've seen it before over here in Minnesota, and I wouldn't be surprised if that started happening once Boise State came onto the national scene.

If Bohl keeps hitting on these kids (Hill, Wingard, Granderson, etc), you may start to see a similar bump when Wyoming offers a kid in the future.

+1
I think Marcus Mariota was a 2* recruit when the Ducks offered. He instantly jumped to a 3* or 4*.
Always good to remember if these scout, rivals, and espn people were such good eyes for talent, they would be working for the NFL or D1 programs.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:
jarhead wrote:I coached against Torrington and Logan a few weeks ago and I am telling you he is the real deal. I was impressed with his poise and ability to get to the football. We schemed many ways to keep him neutralized and of course none of them worked. Coach Leinhart at one point stood him up and moved him off of the ball so he could scrape to the ball better and avoid the three players we had put on him. I think he will be a nice addition to the Pokes. Not to mention he is a great kid; humble and hard working!
Thanks for the report Jarhead. What position to you think he would be best suited for in college?
I think he is built for a defensive lineman. He is not real tall but he is strong as an ox and has great feet! He might also fit the bill of a college center. Either way I think he will be fun to watch develop.
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

I think he is the type of prospect that will be determined position wise when he gets on campus. At first I thought he was a OL but now I'm starting to lean towards DT.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

With four other OL commitments on board, starting to wonder if he'll move to DL
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Coeur d' Alene wrote:

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

I know we (state, not university) have the highest per capita rate of guys in the pros. Lot of them went out of state to college, and it's partly skewed cause of our tiny population, but still pretty cool
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

I know we (state, not university) have the highest per capita rate of guys in the pros. Lot of them went out of state to college, and it's partly skewed cause of our tiny population, but still pretty cool
There we're two Buffalo olinemen. One was Clayton Kirven. He was the one everyone knows about. Travis Studie was the other one and I think he would have been a much better lineman than Kirven, but he couldn't keep his knees from blowing out. He was a few years before that list though.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

What about Gaston (1984 - 1989), Tim (1982 - 1986), and Pete Gosar (1987 - 1991) from Pinedale? Pretty rare to have 3 brothers play for one team. Another brother, Kevin, played for the University of Arizona (1991 - 1996) after being snubbed by Wyoming when they promised him a scholarship and then reneged on the offer. The Gosar's were a football family for sure.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

wyokoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

Just an FYI, this isn't accurate. Using the Pro Football reference for player birthplaces, as well as the estimated state populations as of 7/1/15, Wyoming is #26 in NFL players per capita with 1 player for every 15,423 people. #1 is Washington DC (1 player per every 3633 people) followed by Mississippi (1 per 4970) and Louisiana (1 per 5573).

Top 5:
1. Washington DC
2. Mississippi
3. Louisiana
4. Alabama
5. Nebraska

Bottom 5:
47. New Mexico
48. Maine
49. New Hampshire
50. Alaska
51. Vermont

FYI, Utah sits at #40 and Colorado at #43
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

Just an FYI, this isn't accurate. Using the Pro Football reference for player birthplaces, as well as the estimated state populations as of 7/1/15, Wyoming is #26 in NFL players per capita with 1 player for every 15,423 people. #1 is Washington DC (1 player per every 3633 people) followed by Mississippi (1 per 4970) and Louisiana (1 per 5573).

Top 5:
1. Washington DC
2. Mississippi
3. Louisiana
4. Alabama
5. Nebraska

Bottom 5:
47. New Mexico
48. Maine
49. New Hampshire
50. Alaska
51. Vermont

My mistake then, I know it used to be but those must be old numbers I was thinking of, with guys like Kiesel retiring. Also I can't imagine we were above DC ever with a number that low so the one I was thinking of must not have counted them
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

wyokoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

Top 5:
1. Washington DC
2. Mississippi
3. Louisiana
4. Alabama
5. Nebraska

Bottom 5:
47. New Mexico
48. Maine
49. New Hampshire
50. Alaska
51. Vermont

My mistake then, I know it used to be but those must be old numbers I was thinking of, with guys like Kiesel retiring. Also I can't imagine we were above DC ever with a number that low so the one I was thinking of must not have counted them
The numbers I used are based on all-time NFL players, not just current players.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:

Corey Bramlet- stud
Prosinski- buffalo / nfl

Top 5:
1. Washington DC
2. Mississippi
3. Louisiana
4. Alabama
5. Nebraska

Bottom 5:
47. New Mexico
48. Maine
49. New Hampshire
50. Alaska
51. Vermont

The numbers I used are based on all-time NFL players, not just current players.
Mine were definitely current, but still probably out of date because I can think of a few off the top of my head that aren't in the league anymore (Keisel, Poppinga, Wendling)
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just dawned on me, with Harris starting just as McManamen finishes his career on the hardwood, this will be a solid decade of the Torrington HS to UW pipeline, assuming he redshirts next fall.