Slap in the Face

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Gillette's Tucker picks NDSU. 2-10 seasons are devastating, CB needs to win because the waters around him are getting choppy.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

PokeOLoco wrote:Gillette's Tucker picks NDSU. 2-10 seasons are devastating, CB needs to win because the waters around him are getting choppy.
Let's not set our hair on fire and run around flapping our arms over anything out of Gillette...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

just pointing out the obvious.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

The obvious is he chose a school at a lower level. Don't let the door hit you kid.

Go Pokes!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
PokeOLoco wrote:Gillette's Tucker picks NDSU. 2-10 seasons are devastating, CB needs to win because the waters around him are getting choppy.
Let's not set our hair on fire and run around flapping our arms over anything out of Gillette...
Exactly. Most of the people in Gillette aren't from Gillette, and the majority of people in Gillette want to get far away from that concentration of douchebags as fast as they can.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

PokeOLoco wrote:just pointing out the obvious.
What has his choice of school got to do with this season?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Guess the kid wants to play JV ball.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

He said he wanted to play for a winning program, last year we were 2-10, so I suppose it played into that. You guys don't have to get all butthurt I'm just pointing out the fact that we went head to head with NDSU for a Wyoming kid and lost and that sucks. Life goes on but it is a slap
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I'm guessing he wanted to get out of wyoming? There's been many other players choosing ndsu over wyoming, but this is the first wyoming kid and im just thinking he wanted out of wyoming?
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

It's just the nature of recruiting anywhere. Has nothing to do with Bohls limited success being shaky. Shoot, I remember Roach, Tiller and Dimel (successful coaches) missing on some WYO kids. Did that make their career shaky or choppy? Not really.
Should all Colorado schools fans be miffed that we took Wingard? Or Oklahoma schools fans be miffed that we got Garrett?
If I recall we just recently picked up a kid from Torrington and also got that RB from Jackson who was being looked at by BYU and Stanford, among others.
I think Bohl is doing fine. You aren't going to pull everyone from your home state. Kids are fans of other schools, and circumstances play a role in decisions aswell.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:It's just the nature of recruiting anywhere. Has nothing to do with Bohls limited success being shaky. Shoot, I remember Roach, Tiller and Dimel (successful coaches) missing on some WYO kids. Did that make their career shaky or choppy? Not really.
Should all Colorado schools fans be miffed that we took Wingard? Or Oklahoma schools fans be miffed that we got Garrett?
If I recall we just recently picked up a kid from Torrington and also got that RB from Jackson who was being looked at by BYU and Stanford, among others.
I think Bohl is doing fine. You aren't going to pull everyone from your home state. Kids are fans of other schools, and circumstances play a role in decisions aswell.
Agreed...good post.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I thought I read in the tribune that Bohl was not actively recruiting him and threw out an offer after he had picked up an out of state offer. Not that big of a deal. Zach Taylor committed to UW from Gillette and that was with last seasons poop show of a record. I think this had more to do with actually being recruited by a school.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This probably had more to do with his family losing their job in Gillette and having to move to North Dakota than anything else.

Since Obama has crippled the western U.S. economy, there has been a mass exodus of Gilleetians from Wyoming. In fact, about the only positive to come from the Obama economy is the spacious, almost douche free, campgrounds in the mountains this year. We're almost back to the point where there are more greenies stealing the firewood from your campsite than there are Gilleetians.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

PokeOLoco wrote:He said he wanted to play for a winning program, last year we were 2-10, so I suppose it played into that. You guys don't have to get all butthurt I'm just pointing out the fact that we went head to head with NDSU for a Wyoming kid and lost and that sucks. Life goes on but it is a slap
Were we offering a full scholarship? If we weren't, then it really wasn't head to head.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OldBison
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:Guess the kid wants to play JV ball.
So said the dumbass who's team got their ass kicked by a lousy "JV" team last year. Big balls for a fan of a s#!tty team that is historically bad. Do you read what you type? Wow, just wow.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

OldBison wrote:
So said the dumbass who's team got their ass kicked by a lousy "JV" team last year. Big balls for a fan of a s#!tty team that is historically bad. Do you read what you type? Wow, just wow.
:rofl: said the slapdick trolling another board. You are going to get a flat nose from pressing it against the glass. Be gone small one. You are dismissed.

Worst part about hiring Bohl is the fanboy baggage that comes with him.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Can't catch them all. Winning is always the objective, but I'd settle for more Hill, Wingard, etc. types emerging. The more key players emerge, the better this team will be. Bohl has had to break down everything and build from the ground up. Not every recruit will choose Wyoming, and not every commit will be a stud. Just have to hope that for every 3-4 bad/average players, there is an Andrew Wingard or Brian Hill. The math will play in favor of Bohl eventually.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OldBison wrote:
Whose*, you moron.